Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: How did you hear about the 75 and ZT Club?
I got a club flyer on my car 15 0.83%
Internet search 1,447 79.77%
Linked from another website 169 9.32%
Word of mouth / recommendation 244 13.45%
Press Ganged 11 0.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1814. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th April 2012, 17:00   #381
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Whilst on here, how simple is it to retrofit the satnav/tv or is it just not worth the hassle?
Link to specific thread?

Cheers guys!

Ryan.
Hi Ryan and welcome. A few members have retro fitted the system including Jake and R D 1057, have a read of this thread for starters

Hi Line Sat Nav wiring loom
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2012, 20:07   #382
Anthony & Maricel
This is my second home

Rover 75 Connoisseur 1.8L pre production S573 AOX Vin 001493 Feb 1999

I just did a search on my Reg and it came up with S Reg tracking I then joined the club
Anthony & Maricel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 21:03   #383
keeftheduck
Loves to post

Rover 75 SE Saloon 1.8

Default How I found you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Are you a new member to the club? How did you hear about us?
I purposefully searched you out on the interweb thingy. Not too long ago I had an old Austin 1100 and I joined that club for the duration. Unfortunately when I moved to Mirfield, I lost my lock up garage, my mechanic and the mot connection so I had to say bye bye. (sob moan wail)

A local body repair shop swapped it for a suzi long wheel base jeep with a current test which I have driven for the last 3 years but never really got on with it. This year the tax/test/repairs were beyond common sense so I was looking around for something else.

I took the Jeep for a car wash but I never got there...I traded it in for my new 52 plate Rover 75 instead. There were all sorts of cars there but the Rover kept on calling me so for once in my life I went with my instinct rather than common sense and it was the best decision I have ever made.

I've been driving since I was 17 (now a young 55) and there's something about this one...I can feel it...and that's something you can't do with a Jap or any other foreign make. They all lack personality.

So, having bent the plastic a bit, I decided I needed the help and support of like minded people so I searched the interweb until I found you. I looked at other Rover communities but you were the best choice.

I'm like a boy with a new toy at the moment and you guys are second to none. Already many of you have helped me out with info and procedures etc. I just haven't got to grips with the full extent of the website that's all. I'm too busy driving around in unadulterated luxury!

After all...I do have a new baby to nurture!

So please meet and greet 'Goldilocks' (my sister's idea..?) and the duck that drives her. I intend to keep this one as long as I can. I am over the moon with my new Rover 75 SE saloon and look forward to getting to know you all better though time.

Always never backwards...

Keith

aka keeftheduck
keeftheduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 20:20   #384
skinnyL
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2003 2.5 V6 Auto Conn Tourer (Scotland) Rover 75 2000 2.0 V6 Conn (Spain)

Default New Member

Simon

Sorry for my late reply but the site would not let me do anything all day as I have just tried again and now accepts me for replying.

I was just looking on the web for rover related sites and came upon yours and as I have a 75 Conn V6 2.5 Tourer with a wee problem after just buying it a couple of weeks ago I thought I would see if there was anything in your posts relating to my problem of a clattering/rattling from O/S/F strut area but I have not found anything related to this yet. So will persevere.

Many Thanks

Jim
skinnyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 17:01   #385
afbainbridge

Rover 75 Tourer

Default How did I find you...?

On the Internet
afbainbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 18:10   #386
madmitch
Regular poster

rover 75 club CDT tourer diesel estate

Default how i found this club

I had just purchased a 2002 cdt tourer & searched on the internet because my airbag light was on google came up with this site-clicked on it & got the answer straight away! excelent i thought-& joined a few days after.Best ten pounds i have ever spent!
madmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 16:18   #387
Mr Toad of London

Rover 75 V8 tourer MG ZTT V6 MG RV8 and others

Post Mr Toad of London's introduction

Hi folks. I am lucky enough to have a Rover 75 conn 4.6 lt tourer. Apparently it is only one of 14 ! Apart from the petrol consumption it is a fantastic car. I also have an MG ZTT 2.5lt V6 it unfortunately bears no comparison to the V8, and 2 wonderful RV8 's . I have owned Rovers and MG 's for many years and the demise of MG Rover was very sad. I am not sure that I can get all that excited about Chinese MG's. I hope that we can continue to use our British MG's and Rovers for many years to come.
Mr Toad of London is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2012, 17:20   #388
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Welcome along Mr Toad, what colour is your V8 Tourer?, we'd love to see some pictures when you can. A V8 75 tourer is a rare beast indeed
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2012, 22:17   #389
TR75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

I found the club the day after my Rover 75 obsession began when I bought one. Wish I had found it beforehand, so I could have done the checklist of things to look for when buying one of these cars, but thankfully nothing untoward has happened yet (touch wood!).

Can anyone clarify the difference between this club and the Rover 75 Community website? Is that just a place for general chit chat?
Old 24th June 2012, 15:38   #390
Farmboy

Rover 75 Tourer

A few days ago I bought a 2003 75 Classic CDT Tourer, and the very next day the airbag warning lamp came on. A quick web search soon found the answer on this forum, which saved me the inconveniece of a trip back to the car lot, and possibly much future expense as it is such a common recurring problem.

A further trawl through the amazing amount of free information on the site soon persuaded me to invest £10 of my savings in a subscription.
Farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote