Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Was it you?
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd September 2013, 18:34   #11
Dashiel
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V6 2.0 Club Tourer LPG

Default Hope to god it wasn't you!

He wasn't trying to go around the corner. He was trying to park in the space.
That is what makes it even more of a WTF.
Its as if he was in a car for the first time, with the inability to see the simple need to reverse back whilst turning. Which is why, with the shuffling walk, i think he may have had a stroke in the past. Plenty of people out there like this, i would have thought that they need a medical examination after the stroke but they don't tell DVLA and just keep driving.
Still no reason to sit on your behind chuckling to yourself for that long though. People just don't want to get involved any more...

Last edited by Dashiel; 3rd September 2013 at 18:36..
Dashiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 19:16   #12
Organiser
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T+180 Auto & ZT-T+1.8T in Trophy Blue, ZT-T CDTI+135 Auto in Ignition Blue, ZT-T+190 in Typhoon,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
Cannot believe those guys sat in their car and did nothing for 10 minutes then decide to help the guy once the damage had been done and they were tired of having a good laugh....

Disgusting! (And that goes for the other chap's driving aswell)! I didn't find in the least bit amusing - I'm dismayed...
Hi Bill,

I have too agree with you.

Regards,

Tom.
Organiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 19:19   #13
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Can someone post another link, as Im not on Facebook
Old 3rd September 2013, 21:34   #14
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Welcome to your Future Generations...........

My Work colleague was laughing at a Video on his Phone, I asked what it was he was laughing at, he showed me the clip..........4 Women fighting each other in a McDonalds, one Girl was knocked unconscious and whilst laying there on the floor another Girl stamped and kicked her head repeatedly, meanwhile the imbecilic plantpot dipstick filming was laughing hysterically on his phone instead of doing the Human and pretty simple logical thing of calling an Ambulance, clearly a lack of Education and moralistic Values from his drug addled parenting prevented him to realise the dangers to the unconscious girl.........But hey, if its funny lets post it online...........After all it is more important to be popular than it is to be human........

Richard Heads...........
Old 3rd September 2013, 22:08   #15
TR75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

I posted on the other thread brought up about this but thought I would add my thoughts now I have seen all three videos...

I am mortified that this chap thinks he is still safe and competent to be on the roads. He was jumping from gear to gear (auto I presume?) and when that other chap approached, I thought he was going to get run over. As soon as he freed himself the engine was revving hard where he obviously put his foot too hard on the accelerator - he appeared to have a total lack of control.

Controversial I know but this is appalling driving. I hope for the safety of everyone in that area that his chap has hung up his keys for good.
Old 3rd September 2013, 22:14   #16
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR75 View Post
I posted on the other thread brought up about this but thought I would add my thoughts now I have seen all three videos...

I am mortified that this chap thinks he is still safe and competent to be on the roads. He was jumping from gear to gear (auto I presume?) and when that other chap approached, I thought he was going to get run over. As soon as he freed himself the engine was revving hard where he obviously put his foot too hard on the accelerator - he appeared to have a total lack of control.

Controversial I know but this is appalling driving. I hope for the safety of everyone in that area that his chap has hung up his keys for good.
I witness so many of the older generation like this, us young ones get a bad rep but this happens all over the country.

If it was me I would have helped him immediately but seriously if he's in charge of a car he should be competent, in fact the definition of careless driving is-

This offence is committed when the accused's driving falls below the standard expected of a reasonable, prudent and competent driver in all the circumstances of the case.
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 22:52   #17
Mischief
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

X76 OPU, 2.0l v6

I agree shocking that they sat and laughed as the damage was done

John

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My 75's General Information:

• This vehicle was the 49,501st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 in Celestial (Special Metallic) (code: IAI) to be made out of 19 Celestial (Special Metallic) 75s
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 23:00   #18
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

If I'd seen that I wouldn't have been using my phone for something other then filming. What an appalling piece of driving, if he's that bad at manoeuvring speed, what would he be like out on the open road at 50 or 60mph? Scary! Drivers like that need to be removed from the road for their own good as well as everyone else's!

Of course it also occurs that he may have had a drink or 2 which could have been impairing his driving.
Old 4th September 2013, 11:42   #19
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashiel View Post
Bit sad isn't it. The driver just appeared to be completely out of control of his vehicle, with no clue how to proceed.
The old boy looked like he was shuffling along whilst walking. Looked to me like he has suffered a stroke at some point in the past. Raises the question should he be driving a big saloon into a multi story car park. And maybe should he even be driving at all in London in 2013. It would be wonderful if we could all keep driving until our last breath, but sometimes you just have to bow to the inevitable.
As for the filmers, yes they should have got out earlier. But at the end of the day everyone has to take responsibility for their own driving.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 12:26   #20
brosso47

R75 Conny SE Auto Saloon

Shocking responses from both sides, the old boy doesn't look capable of driving and the spectators could have intervened a little earlier. Having said that, the offer of help isn't always welcome either. Perfect examples of the modern motorist imho.
Brosso
brosso47 is offline   Reply With Quote