Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd October 2016, 10:42   #1
Stag>75
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5

Default Installation of Chinese head unit - Help needed

I have bought this item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181907236940

I actually bought it from someone who bought it early this year but did not install it. I'm really only after basic bluetooth and a cd player so I wasn't after anything fancy. I am a bit stumped regarding the wiring. I have searched through threads but cannot find the information although it is likely there.

It came to me with 3 wiring harnesses. One 40 pin marked GBMW-A, one 17 pin marked GBMW-B and the other with a 17 pin on one end and what I understand to be ISO connectors on the other end (I think this may be useless?).

It seems to me that the existing connectors in the car could connect to the 40 pin connector but I have no idea whether the wiring is actually correct and it would not handle the 2 wire connector to the existing radio (Steering Wheel controls?) So the other 2 harnesses would be discarded and I would have no steering wheel controls?

I have included photos below. If there are some good existing threads then I'm happy to be pointed there but any information to sort out my dilemna would be appreciated.

Photos are:

1) Existing wiring in the car
2) New head unit
3) 3 wiring harnesses supplied
4) Connectors for the 3 harnesses
5) The 3rd harness in detail - Useless harness?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Existing_Radio_Connections_Compressed.jpg (55.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg New_Head_Unit_Compressed.jpg (47.1 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Supplied_Wiring_Compressed.jpg (93.3 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg Connectors_Close_up_Compressed.jpg (47.4 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 3rd_Cable_ISO_Connectors_Compressed.jpg (45.5 KB, 59 views)
Stag>75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2016, 21:49   #2
davepoth

Rover

The connectors on the car probably won't connect to the 40 pin - I know, I tried! you want an adapter to go from the BMW 17 pin to ISO, and then you will need to get a red female ISO adaptor like this:

To splice in the steering wheel controls - this plug fits the green/blue/yellow ISO connector, and you need to take SWC1 and SWC ground from the separate set of wires to plug in.
davepoth is offline   Reply With Quote