Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th June 2017, 11:41   #129971
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Thanks Jeff, it's all set up for the devices with the app and there is a wifi hard drive to record everything etc. We added a security grill to the kitchen window and I have re-enforced the front door and upgraded the locks. I spoke to the elderly neighbour who was beaten and tied up at home. The baddies were waiting and watching from a car parked outside of his house. 3 in the car, one knocked on the door with fake ID. As soon as he opened the door, the other crims rushed in and the dirty deed was done. A sad state of affairs.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 14:20   #129972
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

It's turned out to be a nice afternoon after the rain this morning & managed to get some gardening done.

What on earth is happening at Honda! They're having reliability issues not just with the F1 engine but their Honda motorbike racing team also . There's been two racing motorbike crashes with John McGuiness & Guy Martin at the North west 200 & IOM TT races.

Martin had a false neutral at 140mph & came off, McGuiness came off & broke a leg/vertebrae/ribs. I think they've now pulled out of the main TT event.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 14:33   #129973
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Life on the broads Jeff is looking up. How civilised of ice cream lady to offer her services

That's a nice service selling ice creams on a boat.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 15:23   #129974
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
It's turned out to be a nice afternoon after the rain this morning & managed to get some gardening done.

What on earth is happening at Honda! They're having reliability issues not just with the F1 nengine but their Honda motorbike racing team also . There's been two racing motorbike crashes with John McGuiness & Guy Martin at the North west 200 & IOM TT races.

Martin had a false neutral at 140mph & came off, McGuiness came off & broke a leg/vertebrae/ribs. I think they've now pulled out of the main TT event.
I was quite surprised Guy Martin was riding in the TT. Those guys are seriously nuts, average lap speed just under 134 mph.

Not been a good TT all round really, three fatalities so far, hopefully that doesn't increase.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 17:29   #129975
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

..... and in other news - it's stopped raining in Devon - haven't seen any since about 0600 this morning

Popped into Torquay (as in "the English Riviera") today. Had a wander round the shops and the harbour - bejeesus, there's a huge amount of private small craft in there. We tried to stay for lunch, but couldn't find any gluten-free grub for Angela (apart from a pathetic selection at Wetherspoons) We abandoned that idea, got the fillings for a couple of butties, and went up the coast to Maidencombe for a wander down to the beach - which had a small number of topless sun worshippers; and before you ask - Angela wouldn't let me get my camera out

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 17:41   #129976
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

The main thing is, are you having a good time Rod?
Old 9th June 2017, 17:49   #129977
reworht
This is my second home

Default Grumpy old man - or what?

Is it just me, or, in both the run-up to, and the immediate aftermath of the General Election, have you seen an increasing amount of hostility (often fomented by politicians of all hues) between a proportion of the youth of today and folk of my generation?
We old fogies now seem to be the epitomy of a generation (or two) which had it easy - bought our own house dirt cheap, tucked monery away for the future, organised fat pensions for ourselves etc. etc. In the meantime, today's youth can't afford to buy a house, can't afford to plan for the future, will never have the nest eggs that us oldies organised for ourselves etc. etc.
I've been reading some of the posts on various BBC 'Have your say' forums - and some of the youngsters are becoming pretty vocal in their condemnation of what they see as a bunch of privileged old people living the life of Riley - whilst they struggle to survive.

Or is it just me - being a grumpy old man

Rodney - you plonker!
Old 9th June 2017, 17:56   #129978
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Is it just me, or, in both the run-up to, and the immediate aftermath of the General Election, have you seen an increasing amount of hostility (often fomented by politicians of all hues) between a proportion of the youth of today and folk of my generation?
We old fogies now seem to be the epitomy of a generation (or two) which had it easy - bought our own house dirt cheap, tucked monery away for the future, organised fat pensions for ourselves etc. etc. In the meantime, today's youth can't afford to buy a house, can't afford to plan for the future, will never have the nest eggs that us oldies organised for ourselves etc. etc.
I've been reading some of the posts on various BBC 'Have your say' forums - and some of the youngsters are becoming pretty vocal in their condemnation of what they see as a bunch of privileged old people living the life of Riley - whilst they struggle to survive.

I think the hostile ones are too anally retentive for their own good and spend too much time staring at their own navels wondering and wondering. One or two in the club have the same issues, but it's not worth worrying about Rod
Old 9th June 2017, 18:02   #129979
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post

Always easier to blame others about things than look to yourself and work out how to better yourself it would seem
Old 9th June 2017, 18:07   #129980
reworht
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I think the hostile ones are too anally retentive for their own good and spend too much time staring at their own navels wondering and wondering. One or two in the club have the same issues, but it's not worth worrying about Rod
One of the less antagonistic posts -

Thank god the young people of this country have finally woken up to the power they wield at the ballot box. The 70+ year olds have had life on a platter - free NHS, no wars, home ownership, a life of plenty and what do they do? Vote for dementia tax, 6.8p breakfasts, destruction of the NHS, school and police defunding. They are a disgrace who have had their old age bacon saved by the 18-24 voters

Rodney - you plonker!