Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Isn't that an arrestable offence

Good to see Derek back among us.

Confined to barracks today, Edinburgh marathon. The road past the cottages closed at 5am and not reopening til 6pm. Its the EDINBURGH marathon, keep it in Edinburgh instead of buggring our day up!

Good job that antifreeze showed up then Steve.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 14:49   #129462
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Good afternoon, son in law is paying for his Sunday lunch by painting living room ceiling, i am sitting in garden doing NOTHING.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 14:54   #129463
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
Good afternoon, son in law is paying for his Sunday lunch by painting living room ceiling, i am sitting in garden doing NOTHING.
Do you rent him out ?

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 15:58   #129464
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Do you rent him out ?
Good afternoon Rod, just arrived home after getting up at 4 a.m for the flight home. Your better off being your boss and King of the road What a shower British Airways turned out to be. I just checked BA and our flight is still cancelled. I spoke to a BA Captain at the airport and he said he didn't know anymore than we did. He then legged it with the check in staff and left everyone to fend for themselves. We managed to buy some tickets in the airport last night and get on an Italian charter at 7 a.m for Milan.

An elderly couple in their 80's saw us buying the tickets and approached. They said they were in the same boat and asked if they could tag along, both looked wrecked and frail, a bit forlorn. Of course we helped them do the booking, arranged a hotel and get on the flights through everything. They adopted us In Milan, we had to change airlines and found seats on an EasyJet flight to Gatwick, so here we are. The elderly couple had family to meet them We are going to claim for compensation. BA should really be ashamed of themselves treating people like that, so disrespectful and shoddy customer service....rant over!
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 16:06   #129465
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Blimey Phil that must be a nightmare, what an end to your holiday.
Thank you Ian, appreciated anyway its great to see Derek posting again and getting back to his old self, a cheerie treat
Old 28th May 2017, 16:11   #129466
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

I should think BA will lose a heck of a lot of custom through their appalling treatment of those left stranded.

People fully understand that there was a system failure and that sort of thing can happen....... but the lack of communication and assistance given to their customers is nothing short of a disgrace for our Flag carrying airline

Glad you got home eventually Phil and Jessica and well done the both of you assisting those poor folk

Last edited by coolcat; 28th May 2017 at 16:36..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 16:24   #129467
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good afternoon Rod, just arrived home after getting up at 4 a.m for the flight home. Your better off being your boss and King of the road What a shower British Airways turned out to be. I just checked BA and our flight is still cancelled. I spoke to a BA Captain at the airport and he said he didn't know anymore than we did. He then legged it with the check in staff and left everyone to fend for themselves. We managed to buy some tickets in the airport last night and get on an Italian charter at 7 a.m for Milan.

An elderly couple in their 80's saw us buying the tickets and approached. They said they were in the same boat and asked if they could tag along, both looked wrecked and frail, a bit forlorn. Of course we helped them do the booking, arranged a hotel and get on the flights through everything. They adopted us In Milan, we had to change airlines and found seats on an EasyJet flight to Gatwick, so here we are. The elderly couple had family to meet them We are going to claim for compensation. BA should really be ashamed of themselves treating people like that, so disrespectful and shoddy customer service....rant over!

Hi Phil welcome home, my sister in law was due to fly back to Aberdeen this evening, at 18.00 hrs, printed off her boarding pass this morning, got to Heathrow at 15.30 hrs, when we got there they were only letting people in who were flying out, so we came home, she was waiting on our doorstep, they had cancelled her flight, why on earth did they not know that, next bookable flight is Wednesday at 14.45.

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 16:35   #129468
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post

Glad you managed to find a way round the chaos Phil. As you say, to a large degree, I'm in charge when it comes to travelling - if it goes wrong - the buck stops here. In wanting a one night stopover on our way South next Saturday, I settled on here - sounds and looks good, but if it isn't - it'll be me in the doghouse
It does look as if there should be some decent pies around if nothing else

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !

Last edited by reworht; 28th May 2017 at 21:40..
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2017, 16:52   #129469
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I should think BA will lose a heck of a lot of custom through their appalling treatment of those left stranded.

People fully understand that there was a system failure and that sort of thing can happen....... but the lack of communication and assistance given to their customers is nothing short of a disgrace for our Flag carrying airline

Glad you got home eventually Phil and Jessica and well done the both of you assisting those poor folk
Thank you Jeff. I think that BA got caught out. No back up systems and inadequately trained staff with poor support from their "higher ups" Not dealing with the public properly and weak contingency planning. I think all of this created a domino effect with everything collapsing. Going to have an early night
Old 28th May 2017, 16:58   #129470
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Good job that antifreeze showed up then Steve.
The car didn't figure in my other half's plans for today!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote