Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th September 2018, 18:18   #31
Outlaw 41
Loves to post

MG ZT

I hate what would have happend if id been overtaken by a Jag !
Outlaw 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 18:38   #32
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw 41 View Post
Yes your right he was a great deal faster than me with a newer , lighter and more of a modern car . He just got a little miffed that i was driving the bends better than him as i drive them every day and i know the optimal entry and exit points . So in order for him to feel good as soon as we hit a straight he mashed the peddle , theres no skill in that anyone can do it . I have the same problem as LotusLc , they see the trophy blue and the spoiler and they must overtake . He didnt know that all i have is 160 bh he just had to get by and i probably made his day and gave him something to tell his work mates. I can go home switch off the V6 , climb out and look back at my MG ZT and think "mmmm what a lovely looking car " which is something that he cant do . When was the last time you heard someone say "mmmm thats a lovely looking Skoda " . Lets just face it its just a Skoda .

to most people a ZT is an old shed. If the driver puts up a fight when you would like to overtake them in your obviously faster better handling more modern car you would probably think they have issues regarding not being able to afford a more modern faster car themselves - I would actually back off then for that very reason

Enjoy cars for what they are and don't think ZT's are fast cars with awesome suspension and handling because you will probably run out of talent before the capabilities of a more modern car are seriously tested

Last edited by mystabe; 17th September 2018 at 18:49..
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 19:24   #33
Outlaw 41
Loves to post

MG ZT

And to think that this all started with But its still a Skoda . Ok we now all know that i dont like Skoda , but thats me we cant love every car on the road . I dont need to know how good they are now as il never want to buy one , if you like them and have or would buy one then thats great carry on . The V8 ZT gets a very big bashing on this forum but i would still like one . I think some of you should read the og post again to fully understand what i was getting at .
Outlaw 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 20:06   #34
rockerbox
Avid contributor

MG ZT/T

To re-assure you, if I'm going out with the wife on the weekend, or any sort of pleasure driving, I always use the ZTT. Just so chilled and we have a love-hate relationship that I know I would never have with a Skoda.
rockerbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 20:39   #35
saxo1980
Gets stuck in

BMW 118i m sport

Wish my zt was fast as an skoda ha ha lol
saxo1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 20:50   #36
saxo1980
Gets stuck in

BMW 118i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
to most people a ZT is an old shed. If the driver puts up a fight when you would like to overtake them in your obviously faster better handling more modern car you would probably think they have issues regarding not being able to afford a more modern faster car themselves - I would actually back off then for that very reason

Enjoy cars for what they are and don't think ZT's are fast cars with awesome suspension and handling because you will probably run out of talent before the capabilities of a more modern car are seriously tested

Well mine still has talent when i see them up me NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- and i put my foot down the dont expect what going to happen is all i say the cars are old but the still hold the own even now so its them cought up to us not the other way round

Last edited by saxo1980; 17th September 2018 at 20:53..
Old 17th September 2018, 20:51   #37
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw 41 View Post
And to think that this all started with But its still a Skoda . Ok we now all know that i dont like Skoda , but thats me we cant love every car on the road . I dont need to know how good they are now as il never want to buy one , if you like them and have or would buy one then thats great carry on . The V8 ZT gets a very big bashing on this forum but i would still like one . I think some of you should read the og post again to fully understand what i was getting at .

Yes, you implied you were a better driver and thought you had a nicer car than the person driving a Skoda. To be honest you were probably holding them up and they didn't really care what car you were driving
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2018, 21:00   #38
saxo1980
Gets stuck in

BMW 118i m sport

Well lol you can only do 70 mph lol anyway sure an zt can manage 70 mph lol hahaha
Old 18th September 2018, 00:05   #39
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

quote ....... As soon as we turned onto a duel carriageway he put his foot down just to go around me and pull infront ...

Thats fightin talk .
DerekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 07:02   #40
charlie 22
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 2.5V6, Mazda Cx30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Just like us ZT owners that are driving a rebadged Rover 75
I suspect that the MG version was only launched to attract buyers who avoided Rovers because of the "old man" image
Cheers Ian
I agree. MGRover wanted to attract the young high flying next generation and used the MG brand to archive this. I for one would not of bought my MG ZTT when I did if it was not for there forward thinking.