Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th February 2019, 18:07   #51
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

I certainly wouldn't be getting rid of that 620 it's the nicest car you've got, the Tomcat is worth keeping too. You'll regret it if you do

I know you dislike the 180 and unless one of the diesels is an auto I'd be getting rid of those too

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2019, 22:10   #52
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Today, I sold one of the cars from my fleet. My MG ZT-T V6 auto. It’s gone to a good home where I’m sure it will be looked after. I quite miss it. I didn’t particularly enjoy it much as I personally couldn’t get used to driving an auto V6 but it don’t half look amazing but it was the right thing to do. And, having my daily shed back on the road changes things completely. I now only have four cars...🙄
Already, my insurance has gone down by £50 per month so again it was the right thing to do. I need to get rid of one more which will sadly be the 620Ti. I contemplated getting rid of the coupe but I just can’t do it...that would break my heart I think. My daily shed is worth nothing so no benefit in selling that. I will just keep driving it until it self destructs. And, my other 75 I wish to keep, too.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2019, 22:41   #53
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

easy decision here..

Bin all of the motors, and keep the Coupe Turbo.

F4nnying around with old cars is miserable, especially up in Scotland. Sure, if you have something special like a Lotus Carlton, spending time and money on it is fine, but messing about with ropey, chromed up old sheds like Rover 75's? Total waste of life.

What you need to do is swap that £300 a month and just get a lease car for a few years while you sort your life out, there are some crazy cheap deals if you are not doing mega milage. I have been tempted SO many times. Brand new car, no MOT's no hassle, stick it in to the dealer for services, no fidding, no scouring the net for parts, just get in and drive.

I remember VW doing a Passat Alltrack Estate for something mental like £180 a month, it was so popular they had to pull the deal, but still honoured all the people who signed up before their revoking of it.

FWIW I bitterly regret all the time and money ive spent on ZTs over the last five years. If I had just got a decent motor instead of an old Rover, I would have had full ownership of VW CC by now, and be using its £12k value as part ex for something better. You live and learn. Sometimes its actually triggered anxiety in me just thinking about the lists of jobs, parts, etc needed.

Last edited by T16; 21st March 2019 at 22:48..
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2019, 23:50   #54
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Back about 5 yr ago I traded in my 2009 vw cc for..... a R75.😱.
‘Er indoors needed an auto, due to some medical issues, so I volunteered to downgrade, to afford her requirements.
It was indeed a downgrade, no doubt about it, but one I was willing to take.
I don’t miss the cc at all.😬
A 75 still gets me from A to B, plus I’m able to do some of the (minor) servicing myself. Always look on the bright side 🙄🙄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 00:03   #55
mcd840
Gets stuck in

Nissan NV300 Tekna 170 auto

Hi Rav, Still come on here for a nose from time to time and your latest post has caught my eye. Although I only had one 75 (for a short time) and not a whole fleet I can honestly say that getting rid of it was the best thing I ever done, as much of a well spec'd low miles and pristine toy that my 75 contemp se cdti was there was always something else or something that the car would do would really get under my skin and annoy me! God knows how much money I flung at it! As I am very OCD and simply due to the level of luxury car that it was I would feel it mandatory that I HAD to get the car to 100% perfection...and lets face it, it wont happen with these old cars. In the end the slightest thing that I was not happy with on the 75 would really get me down so therefore I sold it to a new owner from Bolton who was delighted with it. I was delighted to see the ar*e end of it. I don't even look at a 75 anymore. Now I drive a Pug 206 diesel with low miles, its well maintained, it gets whatever it requires, its pristine, VERY cheap running costs and rather fun to drive. Granted it doesn't have the same level of luxury as a 75 or nearly as many buttons to press but do I care ? NO. Its a mode of transport which gets me from A-B and 70 MPG on a run. If anything happened to it, do I care ? NO. On the other hand if it had been the 75 and something happened then I would care and it would be the end of the world...not really worth it eh ? I have learned that since getting a mortgage and having a nice house etc is far more important than a mode of transport and that is exactly how I refer to my car nowadays. Please no one take offence to my post as I am only pointing out my personal opinion and how I once felt. I know that these are a lot of cracking 75's and ZT's on here which are there owners pride and joy.

Last edited by mcd840; 22nd March 2019 at 00:16..
mcd840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 01:59   #56
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Awesome Rav. First step and you feel better already.

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 10:50   #57
Pecker1968

Mgzt

I know how you feel mate I'm on my second at now and nothing but problems with it just won't start changed fuel pump under bonnet fuel pump sender under rear passenger seat worked ok for couple of days now won't start again changed relay still not working and my mechanic keeps saying he's coming to have a look at it but never turns up I'm lost without my at seriously thinking of giving up and scrapping it
Pecker1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 10:52   #58
Pecker1968

Mgzt

I know how you feel mate I'm on my second zt now and nothing but problems with it just won't start changed fuel pump under bonnet fuel pump sender under rear passenger seat worked ok for couple of days now won't start again changed relay still not working and my mechanic keeps saying he's coming to have a look at it but never turns up I'm lost without my zt seriously thinking of giving up and scrapping it
Pecker1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:09   #59
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecker1968 View Post
I know how you feel mate I'm on my second at now and nothing but problems with it just won't start changed fuel pump under bonnet fuel pump sender under rear passenger seat worked ok for couple of days now won't start again changed relay still not working and my mechanic keeps saying he's coming to have a look at it but never turns up I'm lost without my at seriously thinking of giving up and scrapping it
There are plenty of members down your way. Perhaps, they can help. Also, post in technical area as you may get some replies there to help you get your car running.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 11:27   #60
GordyB
Gets stuck in

ZT, ZT-T

Well done Rav, I sort of know how you feel. I had 3 at one point and was also helping with my sons car and daughters car, both costing time and money!! I’ve got rid of some and still think my bio was lovely looking when polished up, but I feel I now have a nice balance - ZT-T diesel auto that runs and runs and returns almost 50mpg, no clutch, no dodgy fuel pumps (it’s a facelift car) and a little TT for a bit of fun. I’ve decided to just give either to a garage if they need work other than basics I’m happy doing and can drive one while the others in getting worked on. No more hassle and lists of jobs to do, just cheap motoring and fun when needed. Still able to go to shows etc with either MGR or VAG groups! About 800 a year for tax and insurance on both which is still miles cheaper than running a modern car on finance.

Sell another couple, keep the shed and get the coupe on the road and run those two is my advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2001 Connie SE Raven Black, CDT - scrapped
2004 ZT-T+ XPG, 1.8T - sold
2002 ZT+ Biomorphic Supertallic #2 of 10, CDT - sold
2004 ZT-T+ Goodwood Aquamarine, CDT - sold
2004 BMW 320d
GordyB is offline   Reply With Quote