Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd March 2019, 21:37   #1
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Angry Sister's Bag Stolen in Tesco Tonight.

My sister had her bag stolen tonight at our local Tesco at Roker in Sunderland. Her bank card, mobile phone and cash for her grand kids birthday gifts were among the things that were lost. Police employees will apparently ring her at home tomorrow night to discuss it and my request to the store manageress to quarantine and look at any relevant cctv footage was met with ye old data protection act fob-off etc., etc., etc..

Shortly after the theft and before we could get home to stop anything the stolen bank card was used to withdraw £250 from a hole in the wall at Jones convenience store apparently where ever that is in Sunderland - her bank gave this info when contacted to put a stop on the card. So well done Barclays for not trying to use the dpa as a none-excuse to do ... well, err, nothing as per Tesco at Roker in Sunderland.

The total cash value of the theft inclusive of all items lost is I would guess in excess of £600. The personal private memories and info stored on the phone will be a big loss but the biggest I sense from the moment will be the loss of trust and confidence she now feels about going out shopping ever again together with one of invasion of privacy.

The card and the phone sim have now hopefully been blocked but have we missed anything else that others who might have been through this can advise of?
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 21:43   #2
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

What utter scumbags Steve, was it snatched from her or sneaked away behind her back? Surely the law can demand to see the store cctv?
Old 22nd March 2019, 21:47   #3
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

House keys ?

Especially if she had her home address in her bag.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 21:49   #4
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Sneaked out of her shopping trolley Richard. Not really expecting anything to be recovered or even to come of it if I'm honest given the response from the cops and the store so far. The store will only act I think on request from the police and they wouldn't even put in a show tonight, best they will strain themselves to do is give my sister a phone call tomorrow night.

Edit: Yes, keys taken too.
Old 22nd March 2019, 22:02   #5
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts
Default Sister's Bag Stolen in Tesco Tonight.

Get onto the house insurance now and get the locks changed.

There are some horrible scum out there.
Old 22nd March 2019, 22:11   #6
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Sneaked out of her shopping trolley Richard. Not really expecting anything to be recovered or even to come of it if I'm honest given the response from the cops and the store so far. The store will only act I think on request from the police and they wouldn't even put in a show tonight, best they will strain themselves to do is give my sister a phone call tomorrow night.

Edit: Yes, keys taken too.
Cops arw as much use as a f@@t in a seive when it comes to crime, but you drive 4 moh over the speed limit you have half a dozen cop cars on your rear.
Old 22nd March 2019, 22:24   #7
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Yes, good shout Andy. My sister's husband will be on to that asap for their house. The mobile phone that was taken is the Blackview that Wes put me on to last year, it was taken with the Samsung 128gb memory card that I bought for it. My sister had use of the phone which I bought for her so that we could be in better contact as our mother hung on for the final few months of her life last year, we lost her just before Christmas. The stolen memory card will contain many of her last and treasured final moments that we shared with her.

When I rang Plusnet to block the sim they also mentioned something about being able to block the phone too if I could give them its imei, which I couldn't at that moment. Any one know how I might acquire it without having the phone?
Old 22nd March 2019, 23:03   #8
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts
Default Sister's Bag Stolen in Tesco Tonight.

Imei number will be on the box you got the phone in.
Sorry to hear this has happened I’m hoping the police can identify the thief from the footage.

Maybe a long shot but you could call the phone and ask if they could return or had it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by wullie480; 22nd March 2019 at 23:05..
wullie480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2019, 00:28   #9
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs up

Thanks for that Wullie. Managed to get my sister to retrieve the info from the box and it had two imei's, apparently that comes with being a dual sim phone. Anyhow I've given both to Plusnet and they will do the business with the info. Does anyone know what effect the imei action will have on the operation of the phone? Plusnet just mentioned that it will stop the phone being used and sold on as such but I'm wondering if it will block access to any of the phone's functions, apps and internal memory?

I understand that the contents of the removable 128gb Samsung memory card will be accessible if removed and used with another device but lessons are being learned from this and more thought will be given to locking things up with passwords in future. Though to be honest I'm not sure how much of a barrier passwords are given the software I've seen in the past for circumventing them.
Old 23rd March 2019, 05:07   #10
Roverlike
Avid contributor

Rover, few of them

I am very sorry to hear such thing happened.

In regard to phone, with IMEI blocked from side of providers, phone will be unusable in sense of making calls, but access to the phone itself is in hends of phone owners. With password protection you might prevent access to data in the phone for oportunist thief, but professional will open it.

Regarding memory card, once out of the phone it can be accessed without problems, unless card itself is encrypted.
Roverlike is offline   Reply With Quote