Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th January 2019, 20:52   #71
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

You will be back to normal next day. Never mind the soft food, get something tough to test your new teeth out and bed them in..

I was chomping nuts the same day..

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 9th January 2019 at 20:57..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2019, 21:01   #72
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
You will be back to normal next day. Never mind the soft food, get something tough to test your new teeth out and be them in..
Hi Harry, I'm going to wait 6-8 weeks before I get dentures this time, I still cant wear my upper as the gums are just too bulky. I'm going to wait for most of the swelling to go down this time and the wounds to close, and then I will go for that American smile.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2019, 20:22   #73
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Hi Harry, I'm going to wait 6-8 weeks before I get dentures this time, I still cant wear my upper as the gums are just too bulky. I'm going to wait for most of the swelling to go down this time and the wounds to close, and then I will go for that American smile.
I reckon this is all a con!!!

You just wanted a JR Ewing smile!!!!

We will have to all wear sunglasses in Wimborne in case we come across you unexpectedly and you flash us (with a smile.....)
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2019, 21:02   #74
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
I reckon this is all a con!!!

You just wanted a JR Ewing smile!!!!

We will have to all wear sunglasses in Wimborne in case we come across you unexpectedly and you flash us (with a smile.....)
That would be great wouldn't it Clive, either that or I will look like JR's horse. lol
Old 11th January 2019, 05:07   #75
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
That would be great wouldn't it Clive, either that or I will look like JR's horse. lol
Front or back?

Old 11th January 2019, 11:26   #76
Dallas
This is my second home

Well! that was quick, all done and dusted, I no longer have any teeth left.

The journey to the hospital took longer than the extractions did, I was in and out. The extractions went well, I didn't feel a thing, the surgeon was fantastic. Its a totally different experience when you deal with someone who is very skilled at what they do, these guys are so much better than the regular dentist's, they are on another level.

He did try and talk me out of having them out though, he obviously wanted to make sure I was 100% sure myself it was what I wanted, dam right I said, get these suckers out.

I'm in some discomfort now, that is to be expected I guess, it was the same when I had my uppers out only 8 weeks ago. I've got stitches this time, I was hoping to escape stitches, blooming itchy things they are. I'm just so glad I have finally got them all out though, such a huge relief, now to start with the healing process, that sucks.

Already the fear of pain that I've always had has diminished, no more clashing of teeth, no more damaging them. I may obviously still suffer some neuralgia, but nothing like it has been when the pain penetrates through all my teeth, this is such a huge relief for me, you cant imagine.

So hopefully there will be no more dental pain threads from me, I hear you cheer with joy. Thanks for putting up with me and listening to me go on and on, you've all been a great help.

Last edited by Dallas; 11th January 2019 at 12:50..
Old 11th January 2019, 12:10   #77
Darcydog
This is my second home

Best Wishes Wes!!

Sounds like you need a liquid diet for a bit.

I suggest a nice Shiraz - or maybe a Rioja.
Old 11th January 2019, 12:17   #78
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Hi Wes, good to hear your feeling more upbeat.
Just a word of warning, if we have snow, keep an eye on yer teeth

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2019, 12:36   #79
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Best Wishes Wes!!

Sounds like you need a liquid diet for a bit.

I suggest a nice Shiraz - or maybe a Rioja.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Hi Wes, good to hear your feeling more upbeat.
Just a word of warning, if we have snow, keep an eye on yer teeth

Thanks Clive, thanks Dave, I didn't realise I like yogurt and custard so much, and lemon cheesecake, that is just the best thing on earth. lol

You don't realise having teeth helps ones speech, I was talking silly before, but now I've lost all teeth, its even worst. lol
Old 11th January 2019, 17:55   #80
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
You don't realise having teeth helps ones speech, I was talking silly before, but now I've lost all teeth, its even worst. lol

Nope, that read absolutely perfectly to my eyes

I do still get the odd twinge of slight tooth ache and an occaisional nueralgia

Odd that they have not suggested or offered temporaries, until your gums settle enough for more permanents.

Best wishes on a quick recovery!

I have two ops to look forward to...

A camera down the throat (second ODG), looking for the source of what might be a continuing blood loss, following a major blood loss in August, when they had to rush me in, in the middle of the night.

Then a lipoma removal, just a bubble/lump of accumulated fat on my back, which quick annoys me. The were quick enough to get me in for a scan, to check it wasn't cancer or too deep to remove, but I have had to push for them to make progress to a minor op to remove it. I knew it could be cancer, I have put up with it for decades. Rather like a camel's hump, if I put weight on, it gains in size Not that its that big!

They will not operate for cosmetic reasons - I had to say to the doc I would sometimes catch it squeezing through doors. Perfectly true and quite painful, usually me not opening doors far enough and rushing around like a nutter

Jean's young granddaughter spotted it when I took her swimming, grabbed it, gave it a gentle sqeeze and asked why I had a little booby on my back - time to get something done about it, thought I.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote