Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th November 2018, 22:53   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default LG Catch-Up issue

Hi All,

First of all, is anyone else having issue with Freeview Play [1] working fine, but Catch-Up [2] in the EPG or Guide page not appearing or the terrestrial channels needing to be rescanned after everytime the set is switched back on?

Secondly - can someone confirm I am using the correct terms for the names of these please?

[1] Freeview Play is what I am calling going into BBCi, its list of offerings then selecting what I want to watch from what I see listed - similarly with ITV Hub, On Demand, UKTVPlay.

[2] The Catch-Up service is part of the EPG, where I can scroll back in time to earlier in the day, yesterday etc.. to select what has been already on by time it had been on, yes I am aware it works on the back of Play, but a slightly different way to present the missed programs.

Am I correct?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2018, 23:12   #2
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Freeview play in its simplest is just the ability to select earlier on a channel showing on your EPG which has catch up service attached... i.e. BBC Iplayer. It normally shows the previous 7 days programmes in vertical columns.

The Catch up apps are also seperately available although are effectively the same thing and its just the manner on how you view the programmes availalble to you. Major difference is that freeview play only shows the last 7 days whereas going into the full app will normally allow you to search back over the last 28 days.

It should be noted that if you select a programme on Freeview play it will simply load the relevant catch up app to play that specific programme.

Having to retune the EPG regularly however is not normal.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2018, 09:54   #3
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post

Having to retune the EPG regularly however is not normal.

They, either LG or Freeview, though I think the latter, have fixed it as of yesterday.

Since posting the above problem, I found a sort of fix to keep it working. Our area is served by 9 MUX (143 TV, 33 Radio channels), by manually tuning and limiting the set to 6 MUX is would show the CatcUp on the EPG page. It would also retain them through an off/on of the set.

I have been in touch with numerous other LG owners, suffering the same issue, some for longer than a year. Between us we pestered LG on the phone and in email, to find a solution over the past few weeks since I bought the set.

LG was blaming Freeview, Freeview was blaming LG for the issue. There were no software updates to the set (I have it disabled), but yesterday afternoon it began working as it ought to and being retained. That suggests it was perhaps a Freeview issue.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 19th December 2018 at 09:57..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote