Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 3rd June 2020, 09:46   #191
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheraton View Post
hmmm getting a wee bit dramatic are we not ?

the only time i've had any issue with door locks - is when it's so cold i should probably reconsider whether or not to take the journey in the first place - and any issues have been no more than a slight inconvenience easily rectified with a slight raise in temperature

realistically no cars are designed to last much more than 100k or 10 years.

I think these cars are better than most......i'm biased of course....but still

I'm curious as to how you know there are 6 leaks ?

Paul.
I occasionally had trouble closing the drivers door on my previous 75 on very icy mornings. A couple of minutes at most with the demister on full sorted the problem.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2020, 11:02   #192
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
I occasionally had trouble closing the drivers door on my previous 75 on very icy mornings. A couple of minutes at most with the demister on full sorted the problem.
A fault many have commented on. I have found that a couple of clicks on the lock/unlock button has always worked.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2020, 15:57   #193
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

I'm in an interesting situation with my ZT.
Here in Canada we never got MGR cars new and any that are here were personal imports brought in at considerable expense. Shipping a car from Europe to where I live costs more that what an excellent 75/ZT generally sells for in the UK. This makes the economics of the cars much different.
Here they are generally owned by enthusiasts who are willing to spend what is required to keep them up to standard in spite of the cost of airfreighting parts half way around the world. The selling prices of the cars is different as well. I have seen MGFs go for $16,000. cdn and would value my ZT at a minimum of $12,000. Once our American friends are allowed to import used MGR cars (25 years from date of manufacture) that will surely increase.
Old 3rd June 2020, 16:29   #194
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

If ED3 feels that way about 75s then I suggest that he gets rid of what he has, and buy something else. Easy innit. Not all of us have these problems.
Old 3rd June 2020, 17:08   #195
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
I'm in an interesting situation with my ZT.
Here in Canada we never got MGR cars new and any that are here were personal imports brought in at considerable expense. Shipping a car from Europe to where I live costs more that what an excellent 75/ZT generally sells for in the UK. This makes the economics of the cars much different.
Here they are generally owned by enthusiasts who are willing to spend what is required to keep them up to standard in spite of the cost of airfreighting parts half way around the world. The selling prices of the cars is different as well. I have seen MGFs go for $16,000. cdn and would value my ZT at a minimum of $12,000. Once our American friends are allowed to import used MGR cars (25 years from date of manufacture) that will surely increase.

We had quite a few dealers over here in Australia at the time but there was never lots of the cars here. As said, any on the road now are usually enthusiasts
or the odd banger that is going to end up as parts or scrap.
I do note that prices for any decent 75s or zt cars appear to be going up slowly as there are very few for sale here.
I was trying to pick over any that were being scrapped but ran out of room to store spare bits etc as ive got four of these cars.
Unfortunately the yearly licence and registration of four cars is starting to sting so i fear there will be a down size in numbers at some point.
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2020, 18:18   #196
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

I have to say my 18 year Rover 75 does not leak in the cab anywhere and never has? i keep hearing this, however i am i just lucky ? as my Rover 75 has never had any water/damp leaks even now...saying that though my Driver Central locking failed to come up tonight, just the driver side, so theres a new problem to address!! the key fob locks all doors and opens all doors but the driver one, so theres a weekend job.

its goes with the territorial issues with old motors
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2020, 22:53   #197
bl52krz
This is my second home

Well ED3, you have told us all what problemsRover75/MGZT have. You are telling us nothing new. We all know mostly, what foibles they have. Everyone has had a vehicle that they find has a problem, and most people just get on and repair, some bodge it also, and tell you how good they are for ‘fixing’ it. Perhaps I am lucky? because I have not so far had a problem I could not fix by asking what to do of the good forum members on this forum. The difference between me and you is...........I don’t keep on about things that go wrong . It sounds to me like you are not enjoying your ownership of your vehicle. Get rid of it and buy a Euro box. You will probably be a happier person all round.
Old 4th June 2020, 06:24   #198
skellum
Avid contributor

MG ZT

ed3 is long gone.
A string of posts in 2017 then offski. No doubt the 75 wasn't the car for him, and he's now much happier driving a 1 series BMW on a PCP, or a nice leased Korean SUV.

I think he missed the point. When you buy a car more than 10 years old, that's had half-a-dozen keepers, you know you're buying some kind of trouble. You just don't know exactly what until you get in there. You still do it because you want that car. I had my ZT for all of 2 months, now it's 'on loan' to our boy (stopped off to see it on the way to work today, just to check the oil and coolant)
I'm now looking for another one. Maybe a 75 this time.
skellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2020, 05:41   #199
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
ed3 is long gone.
A string of posts in 2017 then offski. No doubt the 75 wasn't the car for him, and he's now much happier driving a 1 series BMW on a PCP, or a nice leased Korean SUV.

I think he missed the point. When you buy a car more than 10 years old, that's had half-a-dozen keepers, you know you're buying some kind of trouble. You just don't know exactly what until you get in there. You still do it because you want that car. I had my ZT for all of 2 months, now it's 'on loan' to our boy (stopped off to see it on the way to work today, just to check the oil and coolant)
I'm now looking for another one. Maybe a 75 this time.
Latest activity February 2020. Making good use of the vast amount of information on this site.
Old 6th June 2020, 10:52   #200
bl52krz
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
Latest activity February 2020. Making good use of the vast amount of information on this site.
Probably telling everyone how bad another marque is. If you buy a ‘bad un’ that’s your fault that you never checked it out properly to start with.