Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th February 2008, 07:25   #1
stev1em

Rover 75 Club SE Turbo

Default Intermittent number plate light

Hi all,
I have a really annoying intermitten fault with my 53 1.8 club SE number plate lights.
The wiring connection is good and the bulbs and bulb clasp are ok,I bent them closer together to make a better grip on the bulb.
The problem seems to lie in the actual plastic moulding and how the bulb clasp is connected through the moulding to the actual spade connector.Has any one had any problems with these fittings?
I have tried to get the damn things out but despite alot of swearing, I can't see how you can remove the bulb mount to effect a repair?
Does the whole chromed assembley have to be removed?
I can't stand the warning lamp on/off every time I go over a speed bump or shut the boot lid down anymore!!
stev1em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2008, 22:34   #2
Simon
Banned

-

To be blunt, the bulb housing aren't much cop. You've discovered that the connectors don't stay connected for long and are often the cause of many "Blub warning lights" on the dashboard. I'm afraid that yes, the chrome trim that holds the bulbs in place does need to be removed to gain better access to them. If you want to know how to get at it look at this thread here that details how the plinth is removed: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=15600

Hope that helps
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote