Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th June 2012, 22:17   #1
Demon
Loves to post

BMW E92 325i Coupe & BMW E61 525i Auto Touring (Formerly ZT 190SE, ZT+ CDTi & 75 2.0 V6 Club SE)

Default Possibly faulty Pierburg MAF question

Hi all - would like some opinions on the following case. I fitted a Pierburg MAF to my ZT CDTi autumn last year and it worked perfectly. But having had injector problems I decided to sell the car and gave the Synergy to my father to use with his 75 CDT tourer. Only got around to fitting the Pierburg MAF to his, which blatantly had a dying Bosch MAF, just last weekend. Seemed fine at first but within a couple of hundred miles it started suffering reduced MPG, difficult hot starts and a total lack of power at times when pulling off, with not much happening with your foot to the floor, but then the turbo would suddenly kick in and shift the car. Put the Bosch MAF back in and problem goes aay, MPG improves and within a few journeys the hot start problem ceases. The Pierburg had only done a few hundred miles on my car, and had been safely stored in a Jiffy bag indoors. Synergy settings checked and double checked. I know however that the Pierburg MAF is meant to be fairly reliable, any ideas...?
Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2012, 07:32   #2
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default Pierburgh

Which Synergy module do you have? Presumably it is the '2' type with inbuilt compensation for the Pierburgh? If not then you would need the Mafam which allows you to match the Pierburgh to the engine. But,since it all worked fine on your previous car it is probably a Synergy 2. As you know, your
symptoms are the classic ones for a failed Maf which means you would normally unplug it for an immediate improvement. I believe Rover Ron will test the Pierburgh for you because it certainly is suspect.

Last edited by wuzerk; 12th June 2012 at 07:37..
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote