Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: South Central
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd March 2015, 20:49   #141
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.

Last edited by Clickernick; 22nd March 2015 at 20:58..
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2015, 21:26   #142
Lynyrd Skynner
Regional Secretary: South Central

None at the moment

Yes you are right Nick , checked the camera in the settings , oh well there will always be another meet hopefully try again
Old 22nd March 2015, 21:48   #143
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynyrd Skynner View Post
Yes you are right Nick , checked the camera in the settings , oh well there will always be another meet hopefully try again
Ssshhh! I thought it was just some arty artistic licence thing - quite liked the way it made the pictures a bit moody!

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 10:38   #144
harrisop48
Passed Away

Rover 75 Tourer Club CDTi 2.0 2002 Royal Blue Paint JFM Trim LBB

Thanked 1,043 Times in 364 Posts
Default Paul Congratulations an excellent meet

As above, truly excellent meet well organised by Paulym with assistance from John H.
Masterstroke to park in front of the 5 Nissen Huts comprising the Aerodrome Museum. That did a wonderful job keeping the cold wind off.
Huge thanks to John H for resolving my intense Bunny dip handbrake. Imagine the so severe left hand lurch it caused, when applied,with the subsequent hugely interesting rippling effect on the young lady's chest.
I will leave that thought specially for Championdaddy, knowing his penchant for young ladies.Now a non-snatch, calming application of the handbrake at 5 mph brings the Tourer to gentle stop.
Huge distances travelled by some members to attend this meet. The winner is Les from Sittingbourne, Kent. Ulterior motive to have H/B compensator fitted by John H. Julien must have travelled 85 miles for a 160 U/G by Phil, plus the bonus of a romantic W/E with delightful Dawn.
Therefore huge smile on his face on the way back to Egham. All that power!!!
Excellent and informative Tour of the Airfield Museum. All in all, a cracking day, enjoying the wonderful company of so many 75 and ZT discerning owners.
harrisop48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 11:05   #145
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisop48 View Post
As above, truly excellent meet well organised by Paulym with assistance from John H.
Masterstroke to park in front of the 5 Nissen Huts comprising the Aerodrome Museum. That did a wonderful job keeping the cold wind off.
Huge thanks to John H for resolving my intense Bunny dip handbrake. Imagine the so severe left hand lurch it caused, when applied,with the subsequent hugely interesting rippling effect on the young lady's chest.
I will leave that thought specially for Championdaddy, knowing his penchant for young ladies.Now a non-snatch, calming application of the handbrake at 5 mph brings the Tourer to gentle stop.
Huge distances travelled by some members to attend this meet. The winner is Les from Sittingbourne, Kent. Ulterior motive to have H/B compensator fitted by John H. Julien must have travelled 85 miles for a 160 U/G by Phil, plus the bonus of a romantic W/E with delightful Dawn.
Therefore huge smile on his face on the way back to Egham. All that power!!!
Excellent and informative Tour of the Airfield Museum. All in all, a cracking day, enjoying the wonderful company of so many 75 and ZT discerning owners.
Well said Peter.
This in my opinion is what should be happening across all areas every so often. I know Paul has put in some efforts to achieve the quality days out for us, the atmosphere at Sywell was brilliant, we all had an enjoyable experience to the best of my knowledge. I hope that this is an example of how it can be done, and I hope that I may be able to offer more input and help in to such meetings in future. A good spread of owners with different car style including individual tastes.
Again Paulym was the star of the show for pulling a great number of us together for a fantastic day out, and a thanks to all who attended and made the meeting a good one!
Peter Harrison - I have your blue coffee cup at home, and will bring to the POL for you to be re-united.
Cheers guys n Girls, John.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 11:53   #146
mossrose
Regular poster

2004 Rover 75 1.8T Tourer; 1969 MGB; 1971 Jaguar XJ6 S1

Thanks Paul for your great event organisation. Great to meet everyone for the first time. Big respect to those who did the graft and those with the knowledge. Special thanks to Phil T4 for turning my warning light off (diagnosed in Macdonald's carpark without the aid of his software and without inspecting the car!). Thanks to Sywell too for their fantastic guided tour.
mossrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 14:26   #147
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

As promised, I called in on my way back from the Jaguar Spares Day, so no 75/ZT to show, but was pleased and surprised to still see such a number there at 3pm. Great cars, and very friendly people - hope to attend properly next time!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 17:46   #148
Paulym
Loves to post

Rover 2.5V6 Connie SE (White Gold)

Smile My Thanks

Hi All

I am pleased to hear so much positive feedback I am really glad to know that the meet met your expectations. We hope to be a little more organised next time and dedicate a bit more time to the members that all took the time to show up.

I cannot say enough to thank everyone that contributed to the overall outcome on what was luckily a very bright and warm day. All captured for posterity by Flo, Chris and others.

Although I came out quite a few quid short at the end of it And didn't even get my own roll. (totally my own fault). I am humbled to think that my small effort was so well received. This will remain a lasting memory for me.

My own personal thanks go to......

Paul D for his time fitting headlights despite the challenges.
Harry for the scrivets. a real life saver.
Phil and John for basically getting stuck in.
And also for the Shannon tube donated by.. well I am not 100% sure but thank you sir.
I can't miss Peter out for the torch, beer and chat
Last mention has to go to the chaps in the museum for the impromptu and unbidden offer of the (I am told) entertaining guided tour. I missed it unfortunately but wil be front of the queue next time

There willl be another event and in the intervening time we (JohnH and I) will be looking to find a dent master to provide a service at reasonable cost. We will also be looking to negotiate a deal with the Aviator for lunches.

Muchos Gracias Senoras and Senoritas.

Again Thank You

ATB

Boot Release Mod
Walnut trims, Tail Light Seals & Torpedoes
T4 Health check done (Thanks Mr T4 )
Real Walnut Dash (Thanks Paul D)
Power Folds (one down one to go)
Timing Belts Pump and Matrix Replaced (Phil T4)
Bonnet release mod (Thanks Paul D)
IPK De-lined (Thanks klarzy)
New wheels (Thanks Paul D)
Compensator, LED bulbs ABS Sensor and more(Thanks John H)
Projectors (Thanks Paul D)
Puddle light LED Strips

Mods to do:

Rear Spoiler?
Paulym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 18:23   #149
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulym View Post
Hi All

I am pleased to hear so much positive feedback I am really glad to know that the meet met your expectations. We hope to be a little more organised next time and dedicate a bit more time to the members that all took the time to show up.

I cannot say enough to thank everyone that contributed to the overall outcome on what was luckily a very bright and warm day. All captured for posterity by Flo, Chris and others.

Although I came out quite a few quid short at the end of it And didn't even get my own roll. (totally my own fault). I am humbled to think that my small effort was so well received. This will remain a lasting memory for me.

My own personal thanks go to......

Paul D for his time fitting headlights despite the challenges.
Harry for the scrivets. a real life saver.
Phil and John for basically getting stuck in.
And also for the Shannon tube donated by.. well I am not 100% sure but thank you sir.
I can't miss Peter out for the torch, beer and chat
Last mention has to go to the chaps in the museum for the impromptu and unbidden offer of the (I am told) entertaining guided tour. I missed it unfortunately but wil be front of the queue next time

There willl be another event and in the intervening time we (JohnH and I) will be looking to find a dent master to provide a service at reasonable cost. We will also be looking to negotiate a deal with the Aviator for lunches.

Muchos Gracias Senoras and Senoritas.

Again Thank You

ATB
Paul you should not be out of pocket for organising this, you could have had my wife's roll she did not want, let us know about the money and then we donate something.

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 18:34   #150
Paulym
Loves to post

Rover 2.5V6 Connie SE (White Gold)

Default My Mistake

Hi JulienAll

Worry not I came out of the meet with far more than I lost. I had a great day and that was more important to me than anything.

Hope you will have your say on the V6 Poll that is gong round the forum I would love to hear your views. I have posted it like it isfrom my perspective

ATB

Boot Release Mod
Walnut trims, Tail Light Seals & Torpedoes
T4 Health check done (Thanks Mr T4 )
Real Walnut Dash (Thanks Paul D)
Power Folds (one down one to go)
Timing Belts Pump and Matrix Replaced (Phil T4)
Bonnet release mod (Thanks Paul D)
IPK De-lined (Thanks klarzy)
New wheels (Thanks Paul D)
Compensator, LED bulbs ABS Sensor and more(Thanks John H)
Projectors (Thanks Paul D)
Puddle light LED Strips

Mods to do:

Rear Spoiler?
Paulym is offline   Reply With Quote