Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th March 2011, 06:44   #1
218VVC

MG ZT CDTI

Default T4 cluster (instrument panel) programing

Got myself a new instrument panel and stalk to fit to my zt. I have a mate who owns a Jag garage in Derby and is willing to have a go at programming my new unit. He has what is called a Dec superscan machine and has never performed this operation before.
Plugged it into his machine last night and a whole raft of options came up.
The question are what do you actually have to programe or re programe for the unit to work? Will the mileage need programming or will it appear on it's own ( I want it to show original mileage not 000000.
Thanks in advance.
218VVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 10:04   #2
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Not heard that it can be done on anything other than a T4 which will keep your current mileage

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 10:33   #3
218VVC

MG ZT CDTI

Sworks or anyone else do you no what elements you actually have to programe ?
Old 19th March 2011, 10:36   #4
Roverjoe
Avid contributor

Rover 75 V6 2.0 Litre saloon petrol

I believe the mileage is kept on the light switch so would be unable to reset to zero anyway.

Take care on fitting as I have just recently had a new one fitted and was advised that if you drove 60 miles without it being programme then the computer in the car will think it is a used unit and not give you full functions.

Mine was fitted and then had to taken to X-parts for the T4 to programme it correctly. Now working and all is fine.

Joe
Roverjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 11:41   #5
218VVC

MG ZT CDTI

Yes thanks for the info I Have tried to obtain as much info off the forums as possible just need these questions answering. Thanks for the replies cheers
Old 19th March 2011, 12:51   #6
tsautos
Loves to post

MG EXPRESS

The unit has to be changed then all ecu's configured.
Not an awful lot of machines will perform all the functions what T4 does so your best bet is proper installation with a T4.
tsautos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 12:54   #7
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

T4 links the unit to the car and codes it to all the other systems - not even sure if it can be done with anything other than T4

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote