Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th November 2011, 07:24   #31
sean t

rover 75

just done quick goole search and this is how you access bios Press and hold F10 key while power-up button has been activated.
this is web site about half way down page http://www.linlap.com/wiki/hp+pavilion+g60

Last edited by sean t; 28th November 2011 at 07:26.. Reason: new info
sean t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 23:10   #32
justmicky
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE

Well my secondhand motherboard arrived today and I have just finished fitting it..............Ta da......laptop up and running . And so ends this thread......£50 for the motherboard, gonna try and sell the duff one on ebay for spares....you never know....even a couple of quid? Beats shelling out for a new laptop. I am sure the cook (his laptop) will be very pleased. Should get extra rations at sea now
justmicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 15:12   #33
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

you neeed to press f2 on start up to enter set up make sure boot from hd is selected .. something you pick up play havac with the settings and change them .. had it happen to sons pc . there is a key you keep hitting ad it bring up menu to boot from i think it is f10 . then you can choie to boot in safe mode do a system restore and all is well again ,

edit ....... whoops i see you bought a new m/board .take no notice of the above although you could of saved your self money .m/boards rarely go unless something was spilt over the laptop ... .... i build lots of pc`s and never seen oe that needed a new m/board to date .yours sounded to me as it didnt find the right thing to boot from ...

Last edited by chrissyboy; 30th November 2011 at 15:18..
chrissyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 15:48   #34
justmicky
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE

edit ....... whoops i see you bought a new m/board .take no notice of the above although you could of saved your self money .m/boards rarely go unless something was spilt over the laptop ... .... i build lots of pc`s and never seen oe that needed a new m/board to date .yours sounded to me as it didnt find the right thing to boot from ...[/QUOTE]

I am not sure you are right there? My initial problem with this laptop was I could not get in to the Bios at all, no matter what "Function" key I used, and I tried them all in desperation, icluding Delete and Escape. The screen was very dimly lit too. I could not boot from a recovery disk, I could not boot from a Windows OS disk or a different hard drive. It was completely dead to booting up and not being able to enter the bios at all made me look to the motherboard, as well as advice from elsewhere.
On fitting the secondhand motherboard the laptop instantly went in to action.
There have been several instances of the HP G60 range of laptops suffering from M/B failures due to brittle soldered joints and overheating.
justmicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 20:13   #35
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmicky View Post
edit ....... whoops i see you bought a new m/board .take no notice of the above although you could of saved your self money .m/boards rarely go unless something was spilt over the laptop ... .... i build lots of pc`s and never seen oe that needed a new m/board to date .yours sounded to me as it didnt find the right thing to boot from ...

I am not sure you are right there? My initial problem with this laptop was I could not get in to the Bios at all, no matter what "Function" key I used, and I tried them all in desperation, icluding Delete and Escape. The screen was very dimly lit too. I could not boot from a recovery disk, I could not boot from a Windows OS disk or a different hard drive. It was completely dead to booting up and not being able to enter the bios at all made me look to the motherboard, as well as advice from elsewhere.
On fitting the secondhand motherboard the laptop instantly went in to action.
There have been several instances of the HP G60 range of laptops suffering from M/B failures due to brittle soldered joints and overheating.[/QUOTE]

my bad never read post properly .i thought the pc just wouldnt boot up .