Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th January 2015, 19:07   #61
sponge_mike
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDTi Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
Doesn't drive as well as a Mondeo? my dear friend please go and drive a Mondeo a mid spec mid power diesel version, it is simply the very best driving car of its type but none, its so good it gives the rear wheel drive BMW a hell of a run for its money, leaves everything else miles behind with the new version recently available you can pick up a titanium x version for peanuts with just about everything you will ever need or want, choose a good colour, and estate and you have just about the very best car you will come across, just don't buy it from a Ford dealer they are ****, enough said, if badges ARE important to you then spend thousands more for a similar Audi or BMW not me.
That was possibly the longest sentence I have ever read
sponge_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 20:33   #62
Kyletrek
Gets stuck in

MG ZT saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
Doesn't drive as well as a Mondeo? my dear friend please go and drive a Mondeo a mid spec mid power diesel version, it is simply the very best driving car of its type but none, its so good it gives the rear wheel drive BMW a hell of a run for its money, leaves everything else miles behind with the new version recently available you can pick up a titanium x version for peanuts with just about everything you will ever need or want, choose a good colour, and estate and you have just about the very best car you will come across, just don't buy it from a Ford dealer they are ****, enough said, if badges ARE important to you then spend thousands more for a similar Audi or BMW not me.
My old boss has the 2.2 tdci mondeo titanium x in black interior is really nice similar style seats to a Zt handles well and torque is very good I seriously considered one early last year
Kyletrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2015, 19:39   #63
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I have just returned after test driving a Vauxhall Insignia diesel.

What I wanted to be able to say was I was disappointed, but no it was very smooth and civilised with no more cabin noise intrusion than a 75 diesel.

The driving position was good, the seats firm, and there were lots of nice trinkets to keep me occupied whilst driving.

But the best part of all, was the lack of blind spot which for me at least is the Achilles heel of the R40, doesn't matter where I position the driver seat on the 75, the windscreen A-Pillar always interrupts my field of view when approaching roundabouts.

The pedals are sensibly located, the information available from the "IPK" leaves the 75 looking very spartan by comparison.

The downside being the size of the rear window, were more than compensated for by a cavernous boot space.

In more than a few respects, it ticked the boxes for me, and I reckon this would have been akin to what the replacement for the 75 may have evolved into had Rover not collapsed.

While the styling is not as curvaceous as a 75, I would have to say this would be a more than worthy successor to the 75.

Brian
My former neighbour had one,and I liked the look of it,my mate now has one, a 2.0 sri diesel,I agree with what Brian says,loads of room inside,and plenty of standard equipment gadgets. Something I would consider myself,after I finish with Rovers. As Steve says,these cars are getting old now,I had my last 75 for 5 and a half years,and loved every moment of ownership,I am on to my second now and hope to have it as long.
The youngest of these cars will be 15 years old,in 5 years time,so my possibility of buying a third will likely be low.I do like Volvos and know someone who knows them well,but suspect the Insignia will be slightly cheaper to run than Volvo, but thats a bridge I will cross when the time comes.
Old 26th April 2015, 20:54   #64
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
My former neighbour had one,and I liked the look of it,my mate now has one, a 2.0 sri diesel,I agree with what Brian says,loads of room inside,and plenty of standard equipment gadgets. Something I would consider myself,after I finish with Rovers. As Steve says,these cars are getting old now,I had my last 75 for 5 and a half years,and loved every moment of ownership,I am on to my second now and hope to have it as long.
The youngest of these cars will be 15 years old,in 5 years time,so my possibility of buying a third will likely be low.I do like Volvos and know someone who knows them well,but suspect the Insignia will be slightly cheaper to run than Volvo, but thats a bridge I will cross when the time comes.
At my local garage the Insignia is the most worked on car they get in. Atrocious build quality & poor quality parts in spades. A lot of these will be scrapped long before our 75's & ZT's. A truly awful car it should be called the Vauxhall Insignificant, it would suit it a lot better.
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2015, 22:17   #65
wooly12345
Gets stuck in

Rover 75

Thumbs up

I do have to say I'm liking the bit of wood in this Insignia interior...

wooly12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2015, 22:31   #66
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

My brother in law has had two insignia diesel's. The first one when they first came out. I have not driven either, but have been a passenger in the rear in both. The first was not very comfortable , quite a lot of bumping , seats to firm. The second , a stop start jobbie, is more comfortable. The ride is more pliable and quiet. A better car. Not sure it's for me though because my Rover I think is an equal for it.
Old 26th April 2015, 23:30   #67
daznkel
Posted a thing or two

04 MG ZT+ 190 XPG & 99 (T) Dealer Launch 75 V6 Connie Auto

Having driven a Cdti tourer 160ps SRi a few times, I can say it is a lovely car that is very quiet and handles surprisingly well.
But as with all Vauxhall's, when clutches fail, they are VERY expensive to fix.

I owned an ran an 02 Vectra C Cdti as a taxi a few years back and whilst it, as is the insignia, a lovely drive when the clutch went, it was a £1600 bill!
It needed a new clutch, DMF and gearbox rebuild!

My next door neighbour bought an insignia Cdti 4 months ago without warranty (God knows why). I dont know what mileage its on, but the plates show a reputable local dealers mark. He is already complaining of a major vibration and had been quoted £1000 to fit a new DMF, as apparently this is the problem!

All of this amongst many other minor issues he has spoken to me about recently.

Then again, I wouldn't trust him to advise on car issues, we were chatting earlier and he tried telling me my engine was French because BMW are French!

Upgrades/Mods so far:
Custom Angel Eye DRL's, MG7 Rear lights, Custom Door Cards, MGR Plates, Red Alcantara Seats, Black Oak Dash, Powerflex bushes, Plenum Spy Mod, Rear Light Seals, 5000K HID Kit, Navall 3 DD, Blue LED Conversion, Custom badges, Union badges, Flip key. Working on more!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
daznkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2015, 17:21   #68
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daznkel View Post
Having driven a Cdti tourer 160ps SRi a few times, I can say it is a lovely car that is very quiet and handles surprisingly well.
But as with all Vauxhall's, when clutches fail, they are VERY expensive to fix.
so are 75s and zts,but based on the above information,I can consider myself being put off.
Interesting to hear other peoples experience.