Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th December 2022, 06:36   #167961
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Morning all,

I think I have been incredibly lucky not to have come down with anything this Christmas. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Hope you all start feeling better soon and that 2023 will be a much better year for everyones health, wealth and happinesses

Ros and `I were thinking of spending New Years Eve up on the boat but the weather isn't looking very nice. Will probably just stay at home and then go up when the weather looks nicer and we can take Lady Emma out on a winter cruise.

I'm off to Coggeshall this afternoon to complete a photoshoot that got rained off just before Christmas. I'm then I'm off till Tuesday so I feel some New Year baking and cooking maybe in order

Have a nice day whatever everyone is doing today and stay well.
Old 30th December 2022, 08:30   #167962
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Ugh! Morning all, Just checking in. This Strep A virus has knocked us all for six, We're all still in our sick beds since Xmas day/boxing day, I've never felt so ill in my life.

Raging temperature & shivering at the same time, Swollen glands & throat still swollen up, Still haven't had anything to eat since xmas day, All that food I cooked on Xmas day is still sitting there, Nobody can eat it what a waste, I've got a deep rasping cough that doubles you over when coughing coupled with the vilest bright yellow phlegm you can imagine & a constant mother of all headaches.
Finally managed to get some Amoxicillin yesterday evening after waiting to hear back from my GP since Boxing day A neighbour picked them up from the pharmacy for us.
My sister is coming in to see to the cats.

My wife rang Christies as I could hardly speak to tell them of the situation with this Strep virus & she said Thank you for ringing prior to your appointments & telling us , It's a very contagious virus & they want to keep it out of the radio therapy department so I've to finish my course of antibiotics & they've pushed my appointments back two weeks, They're sending me out a new schdule..

So sad to hear of Georgie Steve it's a horrible time to go through losing your pet.
Good morning Ian

You are to be commended battling on. I see you have been prescribed Amoxicillin.

With Amoxicillin be careful to keep the genitals clean and up the hygiene as this antibiotic can create yeasts/thrush with “extra cheese” forming around your member as a side effect. As you’re a very clean man I know you will be okay.

Hope you feel better soon Ian and you will be able to start treatment without any more delays.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 30th December 2022 at 08:34..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2022, 08:39   #167963
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Morning all. Weekly shop done by 8am after an early supermarket trawl. Probably aswell as the wind and rain are already whipping up! The red sky warning was very clear at 7am! The supermarket were trying to sell off all the unbought Christmas tat! Stay warm, dry and medicated.
Old 30th December 2022, 18:16   #167964
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Evening all, spent the day wiring lights and sockets into the stables, it was good to keep busy today, 1 year since Debs funeral, and found out that Scarborough John had passed away earlier this year.

Sitting in the roof trusses looking out over the Devon countryside with a load of memories of past car meets with long gone friends...

I hate getting old...

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 30th December 2022, 18:30   #167965
actros
Subscribed Member

20lt 75conny se Damson red

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Evening all, spent the day wiring lights and sockets into the stables, it was good to keep busy today, 1 year since Debs funeral, and found out that Scarborough John had passed away earlier this year.

Sitting in the roof trusses looking out over the Devon countryside with a load of memories of past car meets with long gone friends...

I hate getting old...

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
You and me both mate
Old 30th December 2022, 18:40   #167966
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgies Dad View Post
My Georgie has lost her battle against DM,her legs finally gave out and she has made her final journey to Rainbow Bridge,she has been part of the Rover and MG family for 10 years Rest in Peace my beauiful girl,I am Heartbroken, but you will be in my heart forever

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the late response. I'm sorry to read that Georgie has passed over the rainbow bridge.

I remember meeting her at Pride of Longbridge back in 2012 and how friendly and affectionate she was with humans she didn't know.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Take care, all the best, Stu 👍

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2022, 19:37   #167967
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I'm off the Internet for possibly the weekend, we are waiting for it to come back on and if not we may have to get someone to come here and getting it start again.
Old 31st December 2022, 03:23   #167968
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I'm off the Internet for possibly the weekend, we are waiting for it to come back on and if not we may have to get someone to come here and getting it start again.
Morning all, morning Richard

Thanks for letting us know.

This happened to us a few days ago “no internet at home” and when I rang up the internet provider, they sent two engineers round the very next day. The problem turned out to be a kink in the wiring which was very simple to remedy.

Hoping you get reconnected soon and the year ahead for Fiona, yourself will be better.

Do take care
Old 31st December 2022, 03:49   #167969
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

A very good morning to everyone, what are your plans?

Do you check your shopping receipts?

2 days ago after buying some essential groceries, when I got home I checked the supermarket receipt and saw I had been overcharged:

Sandwich ham quantity = 1, charged for 2

McVities Digestives quantity = 1, charged for 6

I was too tired to go back to the store so rang up and complained to the manager. Yesterday I returned to the store with Jessica and the receipt. To my surprise the manager had already reviewed the CCTV overlooking the checkouts and confirmed I had been overcharged. In fairness to him he gave us a credit note, was very apologetic and offered us a free bottle of wine in compensation.

He said he had a meeting with the checkout staff and warned them if this happened again, he would be sending the offenders home. It made me wonder what sort of scam was going on at the checkouts. The price of groceries here is the same as in the UK, everything has gone up and we have to watch the pennies, so it’s usual I check the receipts

Our story had a happy ending…… we didn’t lose out

The weather today: 24C cloudy/sun

Off out shortly for a morning walk, catch you later.

Hoping you’re feeling better than yesterday.

Take care
Old 31st December 2022, 04:03   #167970
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Morning Phil ,

Ros always checks our receipts. She is like a hawk with that sort of thing !

I’m just debating whether to get a cup of coffee now or spend an extra half hour snoozing in bed