Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th August 2010, 17:30   #1
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts
Default Alternative Lakes Meet;

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Hi Everyone,

Following a recent discussion by pm with PaulG,I have decided to open a new thread on the following subject;

As some of you know,I recently placed a thread with the intention of holding a meet at the Lakeland Motor Museum on Sun 19th September.I have been informed the Rover Sports Registry are holding their annual lakes rally on the 18th/19th September,culminating with meeting up at Holker Hall,not too far from the lakeland motor museum,on Sun 19th.

As an alternative,& of course with the agreement of the RSR,I wondered if a change of venue,to join in with many more Rovers would make for an even better day for us on the Sun 19th Sept.

I welcome your views on this,& would kindly ask PaulG to post on this thread with the necessary details to achieve this,many thanks in anticipation.

Best Regards.

John.

PS;This would of course be in place of the Lakeland Museum.

Last edited by Bluejon; 24th August 2010 at 17:40..
Bluejon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 19:46   #2
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Either suits me John,any chance to visit the lakes.
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 20:15   #3
PaulG
Avid contributor

75 2.5 Auto Connoissuer SE, 75 2.5 Man Connoissuer

Thanks for starting the thread John, I had intended to post about this event but you beat me to it with your original suggestion! Here are more details of the event at Holker.

The Rover Sports Register which covers all Rover vehicles , whether 1, 2, 4 or more wheel drive, will be holding its 35th annual Lakes Rally over the weekend of 17th - 19th September 2010. It is a friend of mine who organises the event on behalf of the RSR, and it is covered by the RSR's public liability insurance.

All members of the 75 and ZT Owners Club are invited to come and join us for the weekend. Further details of the weekends activities are available at http://www.lakesrally.com/news.htm You can also see pictures of previous events in the gallery on the same site.

We usually have around 60 Rovers of all ages on the Sunday with classes for each era of vehicle. There is an entry form available on the website, with an entry fee of £5 per vehicle. If at all possible please pre-book as this will enable you to receive a discount voucher for the house and gardens at Holker (access to the car park is free) along with a memento of the event. This also helps us with planning to understand the number of vehicles likely to be coming. If you are unable to commit, but find on the day that you can make it, please still come along we would be really pleased to see you.

Paul
Old 24th August 2010, 20:19   #4
PaulG
Avid contributor

Just so that I can get an idea of who might be coming, please add your name to the lists below - this isn't a replacement for a full entry, just a way for me to get an idea of who might make it along!
Thanks
Paul

Confirmed
1) PaulG (though in a different type of 75)
2)

Possible
1)
Old 24th August 2010, 20:28   #5
suzublu
This is my second home

Will only commit if it doesn,t affect John,s bit of a do. Otherwise i,ve already decided to go to that one,cheers Ronnie
Old 24th August 2010, 21:58   #6
Bluejon

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Will only commit if it doesn,t affect John,s bit of a do. Otherwise i,ve already decided to go to that one,cheers Ronnie
Hi Ronnie,

Many thanks for your loyalty,as the RSR were holding an event the same weekend and as they are located very near each other,and the fact there will be more in attendance,particularly older "ROVERS"iI thought maybe our meet could be linked into theirs,and placing the origional event on the back burner for another date.

All other members,who expressed an interest in the former,and indeed anyone else interested,I would be extremely grateful if you could add your names on the list kindly provided by PaulG,as I kindly asked from an input into this from him,as someone involved with the RSR, he would be able to provide invaluable details.

Paul has kindly provided the web address for the organiser with details of an entry form and entrance fee,similar to the SARR meets,so hopefully may attract some of our Scottish members.

I am still looking at Sun 19th Sept,and think by doing it this way,with the fact of so many Rovers being there,a good turn out from our members,in a good setting would make for a truly great meet,many thanks to you all in anticipation.

Best Regards.

John.

Please add your names below,;

1. John & Jan
2. Suzublu
3. 2Diesels [Possible]
4. Fredspencer
5. Freebyrd

Last edited by Bluejon; 9th September 2010 at 16:39..
Bluejon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 19:20   #7
Bluejon

The Rover Sports Register which covers all Rover vehicles , whether 1, 2, 4 or more wheel drive, will be holding its 35th annual Lakes Rally over the weekend of 17th - 19th September 2010. It is a friend of mine who organises the event on behalf of the RSR, and it is covered by the RSR's public liability insurance.

All members of the 75 and ZT Owners Club are invited to come and join us for the weekend. Further details of the weekends activities are available at http://www.lakesrally.com/news.htm You can also see pictures of previous events in the gallery on the same site.

We usually have around 60 Rovers of all ages on the Sunday with classes for each era of vehicle. There is an entry form available on the website, with an entry fee of £5 per vehicle. If at all possible please pre-book as this will enable you to receive a discount voucher for the house and gardens at Holker (access to the car park is free) along with a memento of the event. This also helps us with planning to understand the number of vehicles likely to be coming. If you are unable to commit, but find on the day that you can make it, please still come along we would be really pleased to see you.

Paul[/QUOTE]

Just a reminder on above for members interested in joining us its a fabulous setting for our cars,so hopefully we can attract good numbers from our club to support this event,please let me know if you wish to be added to the list.

Best Regards.

John.
Old 25th August 2010, 20:57   #8
suzublu
This is my second home

Please add me to the list on the proviso that John,s birthday meet will not be affected. I,m sure we can have another at the museum later.
Old 25th August 2010, 21:02   #9
suzublu
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
Just so that I can get an idea of who might be coming, please add your name to the lists below - this isn't a replacement for a full entry, just a way for me to get an idea of who might make it along!
Thanks
Paul

Confirmed
1) PaulG (though in a different type of 75)
2)

Possible
1)
Paul, just checked the website entry form etc, who do i send the payment to? Can,t see the wood for the trees.
Old 25th August 2010, 22:06   #10
PaulG
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Paul, just checked the website entry form etc, who do i send the payment to? Can,t see the wood for the trees.
Hi Ronnie,
Good to hear that you will be coming along.

The entry form is accessed from a hyperlink at the bottom of the Lakes Rally latest news page http://www.lakesrally.com/news.htm, and the address to send it to is at the bottom of the entry form which displays.
I hope that helps.
Paul