Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Zed The Ted on Tour
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th August 2008, 11:33   #11
paulw1973
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Conn CDT SE Auto

I'm off to California 1st September if Fred fancies a trip to Hollywood, Disneyland & Sea World?

Member 4296
Old 20th August 2008, 09:09   #12
Departed
Retired

--

Fred is interested in a trip to the US, if we can find good time for a handover. Would have to be last weekend in August and as we are just back, time will be tight. Do you get over staffordshire way at all? Would make it much easier.

Mrs Lowedb reckons Fred is her bear now, anyway. Fred says he isn't and while very comfortable, is ready to move on.

He likes the hotel he's staying in here:

He's been out into town, and made a wish at the old town well:

His wish came true and he got a nice cold beer!!

Lucky Fred!

PS: Mods, could you edit the main title to show this is Freds whole trip, not just the airport. Ta!

Last edited by Departed; 20th August 2008 at 09:11.. Reason: Request to Mods
Old 21st August 2008, 10:29   #13
paulw1973
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Conn CDT SE Auto

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowedb View Post
Fred is interested in a trip to the US, if we can find good time for a handover. Would have to be last weekend in August and as we are just back, time will be tight. Do you get over staffordshire way at all? Would make it much easier.
Sorry don't get to staffordshire and i don't have the time before we go to do a run across to you. I fly from Heathrow early on 1st September but i am taking the Kids to Legoland Windsor on 31st August and spending the night in a hotel... Any suggestions?

Paul

Member 4296

Last edited by JohnDotCom; 21st August 2008 at 11:46.. Reason: Fixed Quotes
Old 3rd September 2008, 20:35   #14
Departed
Retired

--

Sorry all, been a bit busy so not updated the last bit of Freds last holiday.

While we were in Rzeszow, we went for a day out in Lancut (pronouced wine soot, yes, I know). Fred really enjoyed it at the castle. He went for a play in the trees.

and was really naughty as he should have kept off the grass

He was brave with the lion

and prentended he was in Rome, not Poland

He said he really enjoyed it, but now he's gone off to spain with Stocktake. He's promised to come along to the Carsington meet too.
Old 22nd September 2009, 23:08   #15
calysto
Regular poster

Rover 75 1.8T Saloon

Default The trip

Hello Lowedb,

Thans for the link. I would probably never get here
I hope Fred and you enjoyed your trip to southern Poland, though I believe that neither of you liked the roads. Nor did the suspension of your R75! It's getting better year by year, though.
You probably have visited more places than I've been to, funny, isn't it?
I don't mean Kraków, but the remaining towns - Cieszyn, Rzeszów, Łańcut. I passed through Rzeszów once to the Solina dam - I don't know if you travelled deeper south?
I strongly recommend visiting another part of Poland - the Lake District. It's where the Teutonic Knights lived - Malbork castle was their "den".

Yes, the R75 is becoming to be more popular here; mine was purchased in Poland in 2004; I'm the second owner. A lady I know well drove it and she did 40.000 miles in four years.
Rovers series 200, 400, 600 (800 to a lesser degree) are more common here.
Before this one, I had a 620 SI, which has never let me down.
There are two problems though - lack of skilled mechanics who know the R75, and availibility + prices of spare parts ("back box" - equivalent of Ł370).

Kind regards,
Waldek
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:09   #16
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by calysto View Post
Hello Lowedb,

I hope Fred and you enjoyed your trip to southern Poland, though I believe that neither of you liked the roads. Nor did the suspension of your R75! It's getting better year by year, though.
I don't mean Kraków, but the remaining towns - Cieszyn, Rzeszów, Łańcut. I passed through Rzeszów once to the Solina dam - I don't know if you travelled deeper south?
I strongly recommend visiting another part of Poland - the Lake District. It's where the Teutonic Knights lived - Malbork castle was their "den".

Yes, the R75 is becoming to be more popular here; mine was purchased in Poland in 2004; I'm the second owner. A lady I know well drove it and she did 40.000 miles in four years.
There are two problems though - lack of skilled mechanics who know the R75, and availibility + prices of spare parts ("back box" - equivalent of Ł370).

Kind regards,
Waldek
Hello Waldek!! Your just across the (Baltic) pond from me. There seems to be you , me and Fille in Finland in this neck of the woods

I get all my spares off the great blokes on here (Messenger and co) and off the ebay. There is one guy in town here who services Rovers. He seems a nice bloke but don´t half charge (my scottish side coming out) He wanted 3 to 4 hundred pounds for a service (oil change etc). I got all the bits off ebay and did it myself (easy on a diesel), cost about 100 pounds. That paid for the diesel for the 4000 km trip over to my brother and friends in UK There is so much knowledge about our cars in the club so just ask (Jules, T-cut, Greeners and Phil are really friendly and helpful)
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:17   #17
zojosc
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8 Club SE Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn the bear View Post
Me an Fred is gud mates now.

He duz like his beer, though. Wot hav use lot been teaching him?

That Trebor bloke is not a bad man really, Fred admitted two mee that it woz really hiz eyedea to get sum munee out of you. Eye like hiz stile!!.

I woz going two doo sum dammige to trebors car too get him bak, butt it woz wayy two nice and it turns owt it wuz Fred being norty anywaze. Even mum (Mrs Lowedb) said wot a luvly kar Rob has got.
Bjorn

How come you can afford fancy trips to Poland with your friends new and OLD but cant afford to help this great club by forking out a few quid to go RED?

Andy
Old 24th September 2009, 20:33   #18
calysto
Regular poster

Rover 75 1.8T Saloon

Default to Bjorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
Hello Waldek!! Your just across the (Baltic) pond from me. There seems to be you , me and Fille in Finland in this neck of the woods

I get all my spares off the great blokes on here (Messenger and co) and off the ebay. There is one guy in town here who services Rovers. He seems a nice bloke but don´t half charge (my scottish side coming out) He wanted 3 to 4 hundred pounds for a service (oil change etc). I got all the bits off ebay and did it myself (easy on a diesel), cost about 100 pounds. That paid for the diesel for the 4000 km trip over to my brother and friends in UK There is so much knowledge about our cars in the club so just ask (Jules, T-cut, Greeners and Phil are really friendly and helpful)
Hi Bjorn!
It's good to know that you're quite close, just across the Baltic "pond" as you name it
Two weeks ago I was at the seaside, and although the cliff was quite high I was not able to see Sweden I could see however, among others, StenaLine ferries I guess everyday, which means that I'm only three hundred miles away! It's peanuts compared to the journey lowedb did - ca. 1000 miles one way.
Thanks for letting me know that you and Fille are here.
Kind regards
Waldek
Old 24th September 2009, 20:44   #19
calysto
Regular poster

Rover 75 1.8T Saloon

Default the lowdbs and Fred in Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowedb View Post
Tuesday we went for a bit of a walk. Fred did come to Schindlers Factory, but as it's being refurbished didn't get a photo.

Yesterday, he decided to stay in town again. First of all he went to the university. He said that even though it's the second oldest in Europe, it was still nice.
Did you take Fred to Wieliczka salt mine? It's only 20 miles away from Krakow. I'm sure Fred would love it, especially the chapel with a sculpture in salt of the Last Supper http://wyszperanewsieci.blox.pl/2008...ie-znacie.html
Rgds,
Waldek
Old 25th September 2009, 19:21   #20
Departed
Retired

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by calysto View Post
Hello Lowedb,

Kind regards,
Waldek
Hi glad you found it.

Yes we've been to the North too. Spent a couple of weeks in Gdansk (Oliwa) and also went to Hel and further east. Saw Malbork but didn't call in. Planning to go back that way. Really enjoyed Slawiniski park on the Baltic coast.

We've been to Solina too, as one year we stayed in Premszyl, right by the Ukraine border. They aren't used to the English and we got a very odd look when we asked for 'herbata zmlekem' (tea with milk for anyone wondering).

We've also been to Wroclaw a few years ago.

Sorry to say our 75 didn't come to Poland. Most times we hire a car, one year we did drive but we didn't have our 75 then.

Fred didn't go to the salt mine, as we'd been a couple of times before. He didn't visit Oswiecim either as we thought it might upset him.

And sorry if my spelling is not so good!

For the person asking why Bjorn didn't pay and turn red. I'm afraid he rather upset the mods and got himself banned (he was breaking the rules so it was quite justified). That's why he hasn't posted for a while!
Closed Thread