Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th April 2016, 21:06   #51
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Avulon, Chris, I think you will find that you have to give a policeman/woman, your Name, Address, and believe it or not, your sex.
Old 4th April 2016, 21:21   #52
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

MSS, pity it took them more than 6 miles to sort themselves out then.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 22:57   #53
DaPol
Loves to post

75 CDTi Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
I'm intrigued, why do you see that as a provocation and sad?

Could an alternative, and more positive, view be that they gave you/your car a thorough lookover and then moved on?
It *could* be. It could also be that they are driving in a manner that would make most people either a) accelerate away to open a gap between themselves and the vehicle tailgating , meaning that they're speeding or b) drop speed, opening themselves for a charge of obstructing the highway.

Sorta like the police X5 that I *regularly* see tailgating traffic on the A580, but oddly only the "fast" cars - never the Mondeos or Fiats, but Jags and Audis - yep.

And by tailgating I quite literally mean no more than 6 foot spacing at 60MPH. All it will take is one light tap of the brakes on the part of the car being harrassed and you've got a police accident on your hands.

Of course, this is the same force that has an "Unmarked" patrol bike they refuse to admit is theirs, despite the comm pack, the siren and in fact the battenburgs and police signwriting being visible under the black paint on the BMW with the light pole.
DaPol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 00:22   #54
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
There is no law about holding up the traffic.
Tell that to the tractor drivers.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 00:54   #55
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

CAN YOU BE FINED FOR DRIVING TOO SLOW

Although there is no minimum speed limit on the majority of UK roads, you can still be fined for driving too slow if it is seen that you are a hazard to other road users.

There is no specific penalty for driving too slowly and as such, penalties may be as little as a verbal warning by a police officer along with a lecture of the dangers of driving too slow and in more serious cases, a motorist may find themselves in court charged with driving without due care and attention or without reasonable consideration for other road users (penalty code CD30).

The more serious penalty CD30 comes with penalty points on a motorists licence, anywhere from 3 to 9 along with a fine. Penalty points stay on a motorists licence for four years from the date of the offence and are likely to seriously impact the cost of car insurance.

The amount of penalty points set between 3 and 9 and a fine of anything up to a maximum of £5,000 are determined by the seriousness of the incident and the decision of the court.
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 06:43   #56
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Avulon, Chris, I think you will find that you have to give a policeman/woman, your Name, Address, and believe it or not, your sex.
Depends, if it's a 'stop and account' ... no you don't ... according to findlaw
(and that's all they can do without some reason/evidence/suspicion, or your co-operation) If the officers want to make it a stop and search then that is something else.

Although quite different in the USA, I've seen quite a bit about drivers over there applying the law strictly to random stops - making their driving documents available by using a clear plastic bag over the top of the window and keeping the doors and windows locked: the driver then inisists that they wish to be allowed to carry on their way unhindered and refuse to comply with requests from the police that aren't orders (i.e. when they say ('please pull over')) By responding with a query of whether they are under suspicion or arrest. Some of the youtube vids are quite funny because the officers aren't prepared for this quite yet. They don't want to arrest people at random and face false arrest charges and realise that without doing so that they can't make anyone do anything without co-operation.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2016, 09:56   #57
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPol View Post
Of course, this is the same force that has an "Unmarked" patrol bike they refuse to admit is theirs, despite the comm pack, the siren and in fact the battenburgs and police signwriting being visible under the black paint on the BMW with the light pole.
Surely, when the rider on the "unmarked" motorcycle stops someone, he identifies himself as a police officer and by implication the vehicle as a police motorcycle?

IMHO it would be perverse to publicly identify an "unmarked" police vehicle because it would then become easily identifiable and therefore no longer "unmarked"!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2016, 22:17   #58
Dart2050
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connie SE CDTI Tourer, MGF and Triumph Bonneville America

I too was stopped and asked why I was not wearing a seat belt, when of course I was. To my surprise the officer concerned didn't apologise and insisted that ' in his opinion' I was not wearing one. Not a nice feeling to be not believed. I drove away wondering how I could have proved I was compliant and grew steadily more annoyed until I arrived (late due to the enforced stoppage) at my next business meeting, whereupon I shared the experience and was urged too report the incident. I considered doing that but didn't as in the great scheme of things I guess it is a relatively small thing. I was in my Jag X type estate at the time.
Dart2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 08:52   #59
DaPol
Loves to post

75 CDTi Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Surely, when the rider on the "unmarked" motorcycle stops someone, he identifies himself as a police officer and by implication the vehicle as a police motorcycle?

IMHO it would be perverse to publicly identify an "unmarked" police vehicle because it would then become easily identifiable and therefore no longer "unmarked"!
"No mate - don't have one of those, definitely not"

leads to

"Why didn't you stop when I turned on my light and siren and signalled you to pull over?"

"Well ossifer, your colleagues tell me that they don't have a black bike on patrol, and so I took their word and assumed you were somebody impersonating an emergency vehicle...."
DaPol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2016, 08:55   #60
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Why is everyone complaining, I keep getting stopped for driving too fast ??

Rev Jules
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote