Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th August 2011, 20:18   #101
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post
I'm 60, was institutionalised at the age of 11, received the same sort of treatment you describe, but still managed to grow up thinking for myself, not how anyone else taught me. The world needs to learn and move on, not hanker to live in the good old days of the past, which never were, incidentally.

Yes Fred.... Values Instilled within us from an early age.... It's called Discipline....
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 20:19   #102
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
, I am not knocking them, I just do not think that this type of thing is their job.... Thousands and thousands of officers... And that is just in London... What about all the other crime that will now take place regarding this smoke screen.... Who is going to deal with that.?

So who's job should it be?

The Police get all the training in this and have dealt with many riots. They'll pull people in from quiter forces to add to the numbers.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 20:20   #103
markyp
Gets stuck in

MG ZT CDTI+ X-power 135

I wonder how many of this 15-25 year old children would be rioting if they had jobs to go to in the morning......
Old 9th August 2011, 20:22   #104
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
So who's job should it be?

The Police get all the training in this and have dealt with many riots. They'll pull people in from quiter forces to add to the numbers.

But it is escalating to all other cities now... How do you rope in extra officers when they are also needed elsewhere...What about all the opportunist crime that is now going to be committed... who deals with that then.?
Old 9th August 2011, 20:23   #105
Brush 1
Passed Away

rover 75 club se

[QUOTE=Poppy;780027]LOL. Well, just looking at the telly Fred... If 0..... The army are here to serve and protect... Just the same as the police.... But are better trained to deal with this sort of thing and of course, better equipped too... seems the best equiped people at the moment are the rioters, but i,m sure with the p.m beig back from hols saying 'we'll do what we can' will have the yobs shaking in their shoes. 16,000 police on street, need alot of vans to sit and hide in
Brush 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 20:24   #106
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
LOL. Well, just looking at the telly Fred... If this ain't civil unrest now, I don't know what it..... The army are here to serve and protect... Just the same as the police.... But are better trained to deal with this sort of thing and of course, better equipped too....Surely, as a looter, the threat of being shot would be a big deterrent...
The police are much better trained for dealing with riot/looting situations, so long as they are small enough for their numbers to handle. The Army is trained to kill, one way or another, and that develops a completely different mindset which is much harder to control.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 20:26   #107
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyp View Post
I wonder how many of this 15-25 year old children would be rioting if they had jobs to go to in the morning......

A valid point.... But I really do not think that this is the issue here.. IMO...More to the point to me is.... How many actually WANT to work....There is a benefit culture today whereas some would rather be out making an easy buck than working for a living...No all, no, I agree, but I do think a vast majority of these scum bags fall into that category...
Old 9th August 2011, 20:27   #108
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Nooo Fred.... I do not need allies...What the op said I thought were very relevant and basically mirrors my own opinions...
Then I refer you to the reply I made to the other post.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 20:28   #109
Brush 1
Passed Away

rover 75 club se

Quote:
But it is escalating to all other cities now... How do you rope in extra officers when they are also needed elsewhere...What about all the opportunist crime that is now going to be committed... who deals with that then.?
same as who dealt with it before nobody, how many times are victims told basicaly to get on with it, the police turn up at a burglary nxt day just so u get an incident number for insurance claim
Brush 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 20:28   #110
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
But there is still plenty it hasn't touched the home counties those on the south coast, e anglia and so on. Happens all the time when big events kick off.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote