Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th July 2020, 18:46   #1
bear-mg
Loves to post

mg zt cdti 160👍

Default Evening everyone

Hi everyone, I'm back on the forum after a number of years away, just bought a 54-reg zt diesel .its my first diesel zt , previously I've had a few 1 8 turbos in the past... I bought it From a chap who runs force tunning in leominster.. presently surprised how well it goes with the force remap 😂.. I forgot how nice they drive 👍..
Old 11th July 2020, 19:01   #2
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Welcome back to ownership and the club Mr Bear, glad to see you again.
Old 11th July 2020, 19:17   #3
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear-mg View Post
Hi everyone, I'm back on the forum after a number of years away, just bought a 54-reg zt diesel .its my first diesel zt , previously I've had a few 1 8 turbos in the past... I bought it From a chap who runs force tunning in leominster.. presently surprised how well it goes with the force remap 😂.. I forgot how nice they drive 👍..

Tom is a good guy . Welcome back and enjoy. Quite a lot of people don't like Tom for some reason, but I've nothing but good things to say about him. You'll have a fair bit more poke than the "160" map
Old 11th July 2020, 19:34   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Welcome back to the mg rover fold
Old 11th July 2020, 22:14   #5
bear-mg
Loves to post

mg zt cdti 160👍

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
Tom is a good guy . Welcome back and enjoy. Quite a lot of people don't like Tom for some reason, but I've nothing but good things to say about him. You'll have a fair bit more poke than the "160" map
It's quite lively lol it's got a rear box delete aswell, straight pipe from the cat back .😂.. certainly grumbles for a diesel lol
Old 15th July 2020, 10:58   #6
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Jamie is the map with or without the black smoke churning chimmey i think you know some of the reasons behind some people not taking to Tom.

They are all not unfounded, i have seen some of his work at the Nano meets, not the way it should be done in my opinion.

You are infiltrating us from the beemer marque three now hey you've lost your way now the Nano meets have stopped we may never get you back BMW as you in its grasp

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Old 15th July 2020, 11:33   #7
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Jamie is the map with or without the black smoke churning chimmey i think you know some of the reasons behind some people not taking to Tom.

They are all not unfounded, i have seen some of his work at the Nano meets, not the way it should be done in my opinion.

You are infiltrating us from the beemer marque three now hey you've lost your way now the Nano meets have stopped we may never get you back BMW as you in its grasp
Ask Scott about the maps, both of his cars were upgraded from "160" to approx 155bhp and he has noticed a noticeable increase in performance. No smoke upon stationary revving (which most diesels would actually do as there is no boost to provide enough air for the fuel to burn). And both cars scored 0.01 on the MOT.

Work quality, I can only speak from experience, everything I have had done has been done properly. Unlike a certain white car called Bones that a well known and trusted Trikey didn't put any antifreeze in which caused the cambelt to slip and mash the valves. Regardless of whether it was going to be dumped at a later date, to fill a customers car with just water is really not the right thing to do and then caused a further repair bill, especially for the cost of probably £10 worth of antifreeze. The car also had a restricted plastic 48mm throttle body on rather than the alloy 48mm it should have had, not sure if this was his doing or not?
Old 15th July 2020, 12:06   #8
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Ask Scott about the maps, both of his cars were upgraded from "160" to approx 155bhp and he has noticed a noticeable increase in performance. No smoke upon stationary revving (which most diesels would actually do as there is no boost to provide enough air for the fuel to burn). And both cars scored 0.01 on the MOT.

Work quality, I can only speak from experience, everything I have had done has been done properly. Unlike a certain white car called Bones that a well known and trusted Trikey didn't put any antifreeze in which caused the cambelt to slip and mash the valves. Regardless of whether it was going to be dumped at a later date, to fill a customers car with just water is really not the right thing to do and then caused a further repair bill, especially for the cost of probably £10 worth of antifreeze. The car also had a restricted plastic 48mm throttle body on rather than the alloy 48mm it should have had, not sure if this was his doing or not?

You just can't help yourself can you

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Old 15th July 2020, 12:09   #9
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
You just can't help yourself can you
People can complain about one person but as soon as someone points out something that is being sold as something it isn’t. And pointing out a “trusted” traders mistakes they are the bad guy?

There’s too much trust put into a few people on here. There’s never any respect for a newcomer that offers similar services.
Old 15th July 2020, 12:11   #10
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Closed Thread