Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The Midlands
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th June 2020, 08:56   #61
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Red face

I'm getting extremely doubtful that we'll see any Nano meets this year, we've been lucky so far that new tenants haven't minded our meets there but there might be one that does
Just my thoughts that I hope are wrong.

Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2020, 16:07   #62
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

mad sad times we have

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2020, 00:16   #63
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

No one in their right mind will take on the FA this year. Will be lucky if it is not torched. I cannot see any of the barricades keeping out travellers for long.
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2020, 08:52   #64
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
No one in their right mind will take on the FA this year. Will be lucky if it is not torched. I cannot see any of the barricades keeping out travellers for long.
Steve hope you have not gone completely mad as of yet but I was only saying this yesterday when I was at Glens fitting him a couple of vis motor at social distance of cause, that no one will take on the Four Ashes knowing they have to sort out a 2 meter social distance in the bar, and also in the restaurant lounge.

Having said that it would not be hard as the most customers they ever got was only about 10 couples in the week day evenings to eat there.

How on earth would they make a living with these restrictions in place, it was hard enough before lock down, the only way the FA will open up I think is for the owning company/ brewery is to put in a manager themselves, that then poses would we be able to use the field as the company / brewery would not be interested I feel.

It may pay us once the lock down as been released a lot more to find another place maybe approach the lorry café further down the road I am sure they would be happy of our custom for breakfasts & dinners ?

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2020, 09:53   #65
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Any news? Apparently pubs with outdoor facilities will be re-opening any day now.
Old 24th June 2020, 17:25   #66
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 View Post
Any news? Apparently pubs with outdoor facilities will be re-opening any day now.
I thought the "FA" was still looking for a new tenant / landlord. If that is true I can't see it reopening anytime soon.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2020, 07:49   #67
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Default July meet cancelled

It is now July in our sunny/rainy land of the UK and as we now know Covid 19 is still around, all pubs were closed but will or can reopen from the 4th July, there does not seem to be any life at the Four Ashes even if there were it would be impossible to stick to the original July 18th 19th date we would of had our meet.

I also think moving forward it will be very difficult to police such events as our meets, something to discuss i would say if and when the FA opens and the manager allows us to once again use the field.

We must really start thinking of finding a new venue maybe the transport cafe just down the road, we would need to approach the owner at a safe social distance of cause and ask, or at least put it forward to them, the land is big enough, food would be plenty, stay safe out there Arctic.

FA was like a ghost pub when i checked it out on the 4th July. The only thing happing is the weeds are growing rapid.

ad altiora tendo.

Last edited by Arctic; 6th July 2020 at 17:55..
Old 6th July 2020, 18:00   #68
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

There was something i did notice when i visited the FA on the 4th lots of cans of beer and empty bottle in the bins etc, horse dung also, which shows the car park is being used by the horse & cart people to meet on Saturdays & maybe Sunday afternoons.

I am surprised that one of them as not taken on the pub, but in the present climate you would have to be mad or very brave

ad altiora tendo.

Old 19th August 2020, 17:38   #69
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Default News Nano meets

( Rob reported the below news.

Some good news at last !!

The Four Ashes has been taken on by a couple, new tenant is called Michelle.

She is in there now preparing to open and is a car and bike enthusiast so all looking good once again as she says we are fine to keep using the field.)

All that we need to do now is get it finalised as to what restrictions if any they impose on us, personally i think we need to take precautions our selves not just leave it up to the pub.

Most of us are not young and are of the age when Covid can affect us more so than the younger generation, therefore i will be wearing a mask & gloves that is if i attend the meet which will not be an hands on meet in September date which was 12th 13th but could change ? who knows.

We will keep everyone interested informed.

ad altiora tendo.

Old 2nd October 2020, 09:14   #70
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thumbs down Closed Ashes Once Again Closed !!!!!!

Once again the Four Ashes is closed down, this manager never even got to open it at all, a local member saw the manager loading her personal belongings into her car.

Michelle had also gone from answering all of Rob's / our calls to leaving phone on voicemail and never ringing back, that was before said member saw her leaving, so i think the time as come to find another venue for 2021 if the restrictions are lifted for us to have a meet, but we must not let this close our meets that's for sure.

I don think they can sell the FA to a superstore etc, the Nano meets have only been disrupted by the Covid 19 rules and regulations which can not last for ever, once they are lifted the meets will rise again i have no doubt about that.

I have a couple of places in the pipe line, and Duncan as also mentioned a place, we will not let this destroy what as been built up over 10yrs or more, or end the existence of what is the very best R40 meets in the country :cheers: bar none.

I have two venues i will be looking into hopefully one or both may be ok for us, even if we have to pay a small fee to use the land, it would mean that each car may have to make a small fee of £2 or £3 we will know that once talks with the owners have been sorted out.

There will be no October meet as i can see please keep looking in over the next few months and into 2021 all the best Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.