Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th November 2018, 18:04   #1
Andyb82

Rover 75

Default Diesel Running Problems: What's going on?

Hi all,

Have a 2001 2.0 diesel conneiseur.

Got recovered from the roadside the other week.... Cars been in the garage since but can't actually figure out what's happening - hoping the hive mind can figure it out...

Was on motorway doing 70 on cruise control. Felt car almost pulsing with power very gently. Knocked cruise control off as was approaching build up of traffic and after, as I accelerated away, it intensified. Felt like the car was pulling away to get up to speed on cruise control then dropping away, speeding up then dropping away. It would ease off when accelerating but would start again as soon as I relaxed on the throttle. It would also stop when I took my foot off the accelerator.
Eventually tried to manage it by allowing car to drop to about 60 and accelerate to 80 just to stop the jolting.
After doing this for about 10 mins when accelerating the power dropped off completely. Pulled over to hard shoulder. Turned off, turned on again. Accelerated and got to about 30 before the power dropped off again.
Gave up and got recovered.
Roadside mechanic reckoned that the turbo had gone.
Dropped it off with my garage who have tested the turbo and it appears to be ok - they've also just tested the injectors and they are ok also.
Garage are kind of at a loss now.... Hopefully someone out there has a starter for 10....

Cheers

Andy

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
Andyb82 is offline   Reply With Quote