Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th December 2006, 07:35   #1
Colin Crossley

MG ZT

Default They come in threes....

Driving through Delamere Forest very early Saturday morning, came over a dip and hit a flood across the road at 50mph - quite frightening for a second - fortunately my wheels were straight, otherwise I might have ended up in a ditch.
First light I went to check that all was OK - found front passenger side wheel arch lining buckled - managed to fix it OK. Then found jack point same side had been ripped off the car, leaving a gaping hole. Later that day doing 70mph on M56, something very large and metalic hit the windscreen - result a 6 inch crack that is edging further north!!!
Question - from hitting the lake in the road at such a speed, does anyone think I should get the wheel alignment checked ?, I dont want to wear the Conti's unevenly !
Colin Crossley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 08:13   #2
JohnFol
Gets stuck in

75 Conn SE - X***VWY

local to me they do tracking checks for free, so I;d say yes
JohnFol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 08:30   #3
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Crossley View Post
Driving through Delamere Forest very early Saturday morning, came over a dip and hit a flood across the road at 50mph - quite frightening for a second - fortunately my wheels were straight, otherwise I might have ended up in a ditch.
First light I went to check that all was OK - found front passenger side wheel arch lining buckled - managed to fix it OK. Then found jack point same side had been ripped off the car, leaving a gaping hole. Later that day doing 70mph on M56, something very large and metalic hit the windscreen - result a 6 inch crack that is edging further north!!!
Question - from hitting the lake in the road at such a speed, does anyone think I should get the wheel alignment checked ?, I dont want to wear the Conti's unevenly !
Thats bad luck Colin I would say yes get the wheel alignment checked as soon as possible
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 13:07   #4
driverjgp
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Club 2.5 V6 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Crossley View Post
YES! :lol:

Jason Player
Woodbridge,
Suffolk

Money can't buy happiness. But it sure makes misery easier to live with.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rover 75 Club Auto K-Series 2.5 Litre Quad Cam 24 Valve in Steel Blue December 2000 Cowley build.
driverjgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 16:44   #5
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

In my experience, any outfit offering a 'free' tracking check will tell you it needs doing. They wouldn't offer it otherwise. Doesn't change the answer tho.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 16:48   #6
shifter
Avid contributor

Mg Ztt

Yep-get it done-standing water has the effect of being like a bit of concrete if you hit it!!
Old 19th December 2006, 07:27   #7
Colin Crossley

MG ZT

I think you are all right - I should get it checked.
But I asked at the local Kwik Fit and they told me they couldn't do ZT's - its a dealer only job.
Why ??
Colin Crossley is offline   Reply With Quote