Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th March 2023, 09:05   #1
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts
Default Hotpoint ,, hmmmm

They have now moved back to the top of my list as the most useless, incompetent and uncontactable company

C
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2023, 10:41   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Go on, tell us what has happened?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2023, 11:14   #3
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

I still prefer my Rover.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2023, 11:31   #4
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
They have now moved back to the top of my list as the most useless, incompetent and uncontactable company
C
Try Barclay's Bank, they use the infernal "press 1..2...3.." loops which is designed to give long winded messages on every topic imaginable and which dangles the carrot of getting through to a "real person" but never does.

The seemingly never ending loop ends with "We are too busy to speak to the likes of you but if you want to contact us it is estimated at 20 minutes". This is after being "In the Loop" for at least 20 minutes which has earned Barclay's and the telecommunications provider(s) a shed load of money.

So much for 21st Century Customer Service!

Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 7th March 2023 at 11:32.. Reason: missing text
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2023, 12:19   #5
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

well you asked for it ... get a cuppa and off you go

Goes back to Nov 22 , dishwasher played up , but under extended warranty , so arrange a Hotpoint visit.

Bloke turned up, bit of a know all type , showed him the video of the error lights, flashing, so he said would order new bits and return.

After that 4 more arranged visits and all on a Friday all cancelled on the day for a variety of silly reasons.

Always takes a week between and always visits on a Friday, so you waste a weekend if something goes awry again.

After a ton of phone calls, we got a 5th visit and a different bloke turned up, partially stripped the machine and declared it BER .

So under the warranty it gets replaced with new. took another 3 days off faffing to get this sorted, always having to drive the situation to keep things going.
And We got another washer in early January

So back to December we decide to have a new cooker for Xmas, search a loads places and loads marked as out of stock, we ended up with Argos solely because I had £150 pound voucher i could use.

So we went to a local Argos got an assistant Manager to help in finding cooker that was actually in stock, ordered it, paid went home. promised delivery the following Thursday.

Thursday came and went , no cooker,so I rang Argos, who then chased Hotpoint , only to be told cooker was not in Stock .
Had to wait another week before this new on was delivered, again on a effing Friday .
New cooker turned up , left it packed until Monday when my Friendly gasman was going to connect it.

Monday , partially unpacked only to find its the wrong cooker.

Back to Argos who organised the return, this took 10 days with me chasing Hotpoint the whole time,

As I could not get a Refund directly until the wrong cooker was returned I had to Buy Another .

Found I had 200 odd pounds of points to spend with Hotpoint ( no one even told us this) so chose one from Hotpoint. ( dodgy decision ? )

This took more time and even had to tell Hotpoint is was a good idea to pick up the wrong cooker at same time the new one was delivered as they had arranged 2 different days, and I didn't want 2 cookers in the kitchen .

The cooker turned up a few days before Xmas and that was that.

Took an age to get my refund out of Argos and my vouchers back, as I was getting both Argos and Hotpoint blaming the other for the delay
But did get my £390 and the vouchers back.

So last weekend , now couple month later, Oven door falls off.

No one around at a weekend , so spent all day Monday phoning going through a long recorded message each time only to be told cannot answer the call right now please try later.

Got the same message on all the numbers called.

Tried online, got a arranged telephone call , that never happened , did it all again and got a call for today.( even though the email wording says it a repair booking not a phone call .)

At the same time got onto online chat ans was eventually told now repair slots for 2 weeks .. and they did not recognise the repair reference in my email ?

But just actually got this 2nd call just now , gave the blokey a bit of stick ..and got an engineer booked for tomorrow. ( 2 weeks eh??#)

I've had a looksee and its only a nut come off or was never there, and only because they would use any excuse to mess you about I've not touched it .

We will see ..

watch this space ..
When I were a lad
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 7th March 2023 at 19:39..
Old 7th March 2023, 16:47   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Dont now if this is a valid email address but try the CEO, [email protected] as I think Haier own Hotpoint.

I think I'd have blown a fuse by now.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2023, 17:53   #7
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I feel your pain, I had a problem with Hotpoint a couple of years ago. I ordered a new Fridge direct as I had a discount coupon. Delivery was arranged for a Monday and by 5pm nobody had turned up. Tuesday morning after several phone calls it turned out they didnt have the model I had ordered. No phone call or Email. I was told it would be in stock in a few days and delivery was arranged for the Friday. At 7am the door bell went, the driver and helper were getting it off the truck when I noticed a large dent in the side. They contacted there head office who offered £25 off, I declined and they then offered £35 so I said no way so off they went and a new one would be delivered on the Monday. Nobody turned up again and after a few phone calls it turned out the only one they had in stock was a damaged one I could have for £25 off. I was then offered the next model up for only £10 more ( a £40 saving) and I could have that the following day.
It did arrive and has been no trouble.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2023, 18:57   #8
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default My experiences

My Hotpoint washing machine was bought new about 20 years ago, it still has the original door seal and I've replaced the motor carbons once, I can stand a twenty pence piece on edge on the top of it on full spin so no complaints from me about my Hotpoint item, it's a WMA 54 model and still looks quite new. My dishwasher is 19 years old (The mechanical one, the human one is much older) this dishwasher is a Bosch Classix model and has failed me once, I stripped it two years ago and gave it a full service and a new sensor, it's been just fine since. I'm dreading buying new replacements as I'm aware of how the quality of items like these have deteriorated in recent years.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2023, 19:38   #9
ceedy
This is my second home

the old cooker we replaced was also a Hotpoint and was 19 years old and mostly still working.

C
When I were a lad
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Old 9th March 2023, 17:01   #10
YHT
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

You guys certainly get lots of entertainment form domestic appliances without the TV licence fee! Sorry; feel for your pain and frustration and raised blood pressure and need to strangle someone. maybe the delays are so that you cool off before strangling someone??? That someone may be the poor bloke who is sent out to fif poor fabrication etc and definitely poor customer service. By the way; where do they source that "music" they play when you are on hold? That should be a target for the drones. We have a few Hotpoint appliances and (fingers and any other part of the anatomy) so far so good. Had several problems with Bosch dish washer; tripped electrically because the heater element failed twice in 6 months or so but within the warrentee (?) fortunately though they turned up to look at it and didnt have the part. Back to the kitchen sink and an open fire for cooking.
YHT is offline   Reply With Quote