Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th May 2024, 11:05   #1
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Default Highline issues

Posted here as it’ll vanish like flatulence in a lift if I post in ICE.

I have a 16:9 Bordmonitor with CD in the car, 16:9 Video Module. I’ve sourced a BM54 Pro in order to allow the Bordmonitor CD to work properly, but I get no sound from it. Nor do I get any sound from the CD changer. Yet the radio works perfectly. Thinking I’d bought a dud BM54 I sent it back and bought another one but had exactly the same issue.
I figured it must be an issue with the Round to Flat Pin adaptor harness I bought. I’ve done the 16:9 / BM54 / MK4 DVD upgrade in three previous cars and it’s worked perfectly in each. I bought the harness from the same seller and he says it’s not an issue he’s ever come across.

I’m a bit stuck with what to try next now.
As I said, radio works fine and the sound is great, but no sound from the CD Changer or CD Slot.

Last edited by Canonite; 16th May 2024 at 11:08..
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2024, 13:32   #2
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
Posted here as it’ll vanish like flatulence in a lift if I post in ICE.

I have a 16:9 Bordmonitor with CD in the car, 16:9 Video Module. I’ve sourced a BM54 Pro in order to allow the Bordmonitor CD to work properly, but I get no sound from it. Nor do I get any sound from the CD changer. Yet the radio works perfectly. Thinking I’d bought a dud BM54 I sent it back and bought another one but had exactly the same issue.
I figured it must be an issue with the Round to Flat Pin adaptor harness I bought. I’ve done the 16:9 / BM54 / MK4 DVD upgrade in three previous cars and it’s worked perfectly in each. I bought the harness from the same seller and he says it’s not an issue he’s ever come across.

I’m a bit stuck with what to try next now.
As I said, radio works fine and the sound is great, but no sound from the CD Changer or CD Slot.
I think the CD x6 changer overrides the bordmonitor CD-back slot (or the tape -back slot if you happen to have that combination). Mine works fine but I've not (yet) fitted the BM54 + round/square pin changer that have been sitting in a box for the last couple of years because I've failed to locate a BM54 mounting bracket yet.....I know it's pathetic, I should just butcher an Alpine bracket and be done with it. Sorry I can't help out explaining your issue but I'll be watching since I guess I'm going to have the same problem sometime soon....
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2024, 13:38   #3
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

I unplugged the CD Changer when I fitted the BM54 and still had no sound from the Bordmonitor CD.
I don’t remember having this issue before. I removed the CD Changer as I replaced it with the Intravee system
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote