Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th March 2011, 13:05   #101
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
On the subject of number plates, another couple of my fleet, both registered as Rover Group Operation pool cars, 1 day & 90 cars apart.
I might just get some new plates made for these, with the MGR logo on the bottom of the plate.

I have to say I only bought the tourer, because of it's number.
Brian.
Like the twins Brian, they look good together. Yep well spotted, my Reynard 1500 Special Allegro.
With regard to number plates, we will always differ, by my number is clearly read as P80 VER. My point about the MOT literally was just a note not a complaint, and I will be aware of that for the next MOT.

Do you have Marinas?

Ian
Old 15th March 2011, 21:09   #102
britscim69
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T V6 SE 190 - X-Power Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer 1 View Post
Ken will make up two types of plate. You can have the 'Old' Rover logo as shown in pabs signature. I've had plates made up like this for pre-facelift cars.

He will also do the 'New' Rover logo which is shown in the two bordered plates in my last post. This are relevant to the facelift cars which used the newer logo on all the badges.

Yer pays yer moneys and yer makes yer choice
Fantastic service from yourplates.co.uk, ordered yesterday and arrived today. Old MG Rover images and everything!
britscim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 08:22   #103
Siberman81
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.0l diesel 135bhp

just ordered mine with ken. Ive had no borders, no flags etc, old rover logo coupled with the mg-rover group lettering and longbridge postcode.

it came to £24.44 which includes 1st class postage aswell.

ill post pics up once fitted to the car.

cheers, si
Siberman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:09   #104
Simon.h
This is my second home

Previously owned- MG ZT V6 160 Y plate Lpg, MG ZT 190 2003 In Rare Celestial Factory Ordered Lpg MG

Hi, i got plates for 2 ZTs so far both being the right size to full the area on the boot, they came from ebay with no borders, no flags and no logo and all have passed mots.

I cant stand the way dealers have their names in your back window as well as your plates, my car is not a free advertising and the 1st thing i do then i get a car is remove them!
MG ZT 190 2004 lpg
Simon.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2011, 23:12   #105
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

got some from that a ebay seller although the smiley plate is actually not the full width of the boot it still looks ok.... had i known this i wouldnt have bothered- it's actually a lot smaller than the "proper sized" one i had on
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2011, 20:31   #106
75SCO
Regular poster

Jaguar X-Type Estate

Default Correct?

Hi there, I noticed that everybody gets hung up on the style of the Rover logo, but it is the MG logo imho that is wrong. The original MG Rover logo had an MG logo that was full colour, like on the pylons, golden, with red lettering and border. The "replica" ones discussed here are all see-through, the yellow of the plates (or white for that matter) is coming through.

Even more so, I am wondering, the only reason for me to want MG Rover Group plates (and I would) is to bring my car somehow back to its origins, as it had orignally been registered by MGR for about a year. But then using private plates, cherished plates or whatever, N reg'd 75's which have only been introduced as S models, that kind of makes the pretend-original MGR logo look like a fake from the outset, or not?
75SCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2011, 20:52   #107
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

I think they are a close enough example of the original artwork used..which I have seen.

Members are using these plates as a nice way to bring up their number plates from obscure car dealers logos and damaged plates..At the price the seller has made these available,they make an attractive purchase.
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2011, 21:09   #108
75SCO
Regular poster

Jaguar X-Type Estate

Default Indeed

Indeed, and that is why I am thinking of getting some myself. But I am also thinking of getting private plates. And for me - just for me, in my own opinion - both don't work together.
75SCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2011, 21:23   #109
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Here's a picture of the real thing,if you can zoom in on them they are obscured by the guys hand..

pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 09:23   #110
Bob Williams
Loves to post

MG ZT-T+

Wandering slightly off topic, my son was stopped a few years ago when he passed a police car on the inside on a dual carriageway. He had 'special' (rude!) numberplates and the policeman, determined to book him, said they were missing the BS mark and so were illegal. My sharp eyed son played dumb and asked the policeman to show him what he meant on the police car. It didn't have any and the embarrassed policeman immediately wished my son a safe journey home!
Bob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote