Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd December 2011, 15:53   #51
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

At the moment I'm trying to keep in with the Boss as my secret mod will be quite hefty in moolahs.
As for what it is ! well I did a simmilar thing to my SD1 Vitesse but this time I'm going to be a bit quiet about it.

JYJ
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2012, 22:42   #52
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Wink

OMG I'm going to have my work cut out this spring.

The missus has finally managed to win me over to fitting a new bathroom suite and if that's not enough I've found her car to be a bit sloppy on the suspension of late. It always trailed the front flaps a bit so I removed them completely so I now have some paintwork to do on the front wings.

But today when I was going to pick up a friend from the Airport and running a tad late I found the front under tray is also scraping the ground on some dips.
Then of course my secret of almost three years is it now requires two new rear springs as one has been broken for 3 years and the other last year yet it still passed the MOT.
I am not going to chance it this year so it will be two new ones along with new shocks but I will almost definately require the same at the front, well shocks at least.
Not going to be cheap so hopefully there will be enough moolahs left to do my latest mod on the V6.
And yes I've still to get the door cappings fitted.

At least the weather's picking up.

JYJ
Old 29th January 2012, 21:06   #53
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Did I say the weathers picking up,! not now it was baltic today in Glasgow but at least I have a nice warm indoor job to keep me busy for a few week, I mean fitting the new bathroom suite for the boss.

I'm not too chuffed with her this week as she borrowed my V6 to visit her parents and came back with the ABS light on and no speedo.

So now I have replace hopefully just the sensor but that's still not much change out of £100. Oddly enough the cruise still works so it must be taken off the sensor on the N/S as it has been noted its the O/S sensor for the speedo.
What rotten luck and just a week before MOT. I actually thought my MOT was at the same time as the missus's diesel but was that was my last car.
So here's hoping it gets a bit milder to get my MOT checkover done and that sensor replaced.

JYJ
Old 28th February 2012, 21:47   #54
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

It's almost a month since I started to give my V6 my usual pre MOT check and get the new ABS sensor fitted but, then the new bathroom suite arrived and a few days later the tiles were delivered, so for the first time I can remember the car has taken 2nd place as it's beeen up on the blocks for over three weeks now while I'm keeping the boss happy fitting her new bathroom.

Well it's almost finished so soon I'll get back into the car and get it up to my standard for MOT.
Then it will be a major suspension refurb on the boss's diesel.

JYJ
Old 24th March 2012, 22:20   #55
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

After only my second MOT fail with a 75 where it failed for worn front discs (debatable) I am already planning just what I need to do for the missus's diesel.

I do know for a fact it requires two new rear springs and the front shockers are shocking.

As it's now on a high mileage I am looking at replacing the rear springs with aftermarket ones and will be replacing the shockers as well.
As for the front I intend to replace both shockers and will also replace the boots and buffer assist springs but as the front springs are OK they will be going back on purely for costs. Knowing my luck, one will probably break soon after refitting but at least if that happens it will be a lot easier to come off. Again I am going for aftermarket parts for the front shocks as to use OE the costs would be horrendous.

Obviously I may have to replace some other parts as I go along with the overhaul but I'm going to SORN the car for a month and she can use the V6.

Meantime I've got my eye on a new air gun for 1/2 inch impact sockets as my existing one is almost duff and with those clamp studs on the front shockers I think this will be a neccesary purchase.

JYJ
Old 27th March 2012, 22:29   #56
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Changed the oil & filter plus new plugs to the V6 today.

Oh what joy, well at least it was nice and warm with the sun hitting my back but my knees are now killing me with the stretching.

It took me exactly two hours with the front ones finished after just 10 minutes or so. Just one slight problem to begin with was my plug socket decided to stick with the new plug when I pulled it out being left with just the extention. Turned out to be the rubber insert was very new and dry so a quick rub of petroleum jelly cured that.
Then when removing the rear coil I inadvertantly removed the small stud securing the wiring loom (I think) instead of the 2nd coil retaining stud slightly out of view.

Last problem was on the last plug I simply could not get the coil & lead to fit back on to the plug so when I pulled it back out to see what was wrong I found a small rubber type plug. After scratching my head a few minutes it finally clicked, It was the rubber insert from the plug socket.

I was pleased to see the plugs removed (NGK) were exactly the same as I had purchased.
Then it was on to the oil filter, Why do garages have to tighten them up so much. I had to revert to my old filter removal tool to get it off. Maybe next year it will come off better.
Last job was to replace two small clips securing the plastic cowling to the bottom of the radiator which I spotted during my underside checks. They were very rusty and luckily I had a couple in the odds box exactly the same.

Just the auto box oil to replace as soon as I can source the correct fluid. Even though the car has only 43k on it I would like to replace it

JYJ
Old 10th April 2012, 22:45   #57
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

You will see from another post I now have the correct auto box fluid, but I'm also preparing for the suspension overhaul on the diesel.

Anticipating some tight studs to remove I've purchased a new air gun and Impact socket set.
I purchased these from my local Toolstation and cost around £70 for the lot. It will be a good investment as my current air gun has almost given up altogether.

Here is the new kit.

JYJ

Last edited by Jim Jamieson; 16th January 2018 at 13:57..
Old 13th April 2012, 08:25   #58
Brabus
This is my second home

01 75 tourer cdt,1973 Rover 3500S,,1974 Rover 3500 Auto,1998 216 SE Coupe, 1968 Morris Minor 1000

Nice piece of kit,will make life a bit easier for sure.
121st 75 Tourer to be made
15th 75 Tourer CDT Club SE to be made
36th 75 Tourer in Zircon Silver Metallic to be made

Membership No 903

I was one of the 541
Brabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2012, 19:33   #59
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Yes I'm going to be busy Neale with a full suspension makeover on the boss's car.
This weekend I changed the auto transmission fluid on both cars and the oil and filter on the diesel. Changing the auto fluid is just as easy as an oil change but on the V6 you have to remove the air filter box to get access to the filler.
The undertray on the diesel was broken at two areas as a result of it slapping the ground. It was properly fixed in place so it just shows just how bad the front shockers are.
I have removed it for repair and is now almost finished using several layers of fibreglass etc. Even my V6 one had a small hole in it which I cannot explain just how it could have happened other than being impacted by a stone so it's also off the car for repair, so once they have been nicely painted up they will both be re fitted. I have even removed all the clips and studs for de rusting and painting (sad man)
One other thing was the service indicator on the diesel, for the last 3 or 4 services I was unable to get it to re set and even yesterday I had several attempts and was just about to give up again when it re set, Eureka!

I will post a couple of photos when the under trays are finished.

JYJ
Old 16th April 2012, 22:58   #60
Brabus
This is my second home

01 75 tourer cdt,1973 Rover 3500S,,1974 Rover 3500 Auto,1998 216 SE Coupe, 1968 Morris Minor 1000

Yes be good to see pics.You have a bit of work to do there.
I just in the process of fitting a new engine to the we coupe.But before it goes in I will treat it to a MLS head gasket a new timing kit and water pump,thermostat,inlet and exhaust gasket and a new clutch.All the parts here but just trying to get at it.
The ZT is due mot so need to get a date before the 13th of may.I know it needs the handbrake sorted and the bonnet dosent seem to want to open(always at mot time).
Good luck with your work,keeps us posted.
121st 75 Tourer to be made
15th 75 Tourer CDT Club SE to be made
36th 75 Tourer in Zircon Silver Metallic to be made

Membership No 903

I was one of the 541
Brabus is offline   Reply With Quote