Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th December 2012, 19:54   #1
ryan_25

NONE

Default Advice please!!

Hi I'm new to this forum, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advise on this motor http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...d=271111476682 is high mileage a problem with these motors? Also besides the usual is there anything else to look out 4? Thanks in advance
ryan_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 19:59   #2
1gp
I really should get out more.......

mgzt, 135 cdti , manual , in solar red.also own a mgtf.

What you need to do is, make a brew , sit down and have a dam good read over this forum , you will find loads of info , everything you need to know. info on here is A1...
1gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 20:00   #3
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_25 View Post
Hi I'm new to this forum, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advise on this motor http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...d=271111476682 is high mileage a problem with these motors? Also besides the usual is there anything else to look out 4? Thanks in advance
Well apart from that particular one is sold, always get a V6 with as much service history as possible (full with the receipts is preferably) apart from that, make sure that the Cam belts have been changed (90,000 mile/6 year interval and a £500 job to do properly including the tensioner and water pump) make sure that the cooling fan is working on all speeds, the thermostat housing isn't leaking and that the VIS motors are working (affects performance and economy).

If you get a good one, the 190 is a cracking motor! :xmas-smiley-029:
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 20:02   #4
1gp
I really should get out more.......

mgzt, 135 cdti , manual , in solar red.also own a mgtf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
Well apart from that particular one is sold, always get a V6 with as much service history as possible (full with the receipts is preferably) apart from that, make sure that the Cam belts have been changed (90,000 mile/6 year interval and a £500 job to do properly including the tensioner and water pump) make sure that the cooling fan is working on all speeds, the thermostat housing isn't leaking and that the VIS motors are working (affects performance and economy).

If you get a good one, the 190 is a cracking motor! :xmas-smiley-029:
or.... just buy a cdti ....
1gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 20:12   #5
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gp View Post
or.... just buy a cdti ....
Yeah and then just have a car with no performance, takes an age to warm up in the winter and has no heater (because the thermostat has stuck open AGAIN) won't start because either the in tank fuel pump has packed in, or the under bonnet fuel pump has packed in, or the injectors are leaking!

Then you're not sure the FBH is working, as it's either burnt it's electrics out, or solid with soot, the cars EGR valve is solid with carbon, the alternators gone because oil's been dropped on it at an oil change, the clutch has gone (again), the intercooler has blown it's O rings etc etc..........
Old 4th December 2012, 20:28   #6
jonathan63
This is my second home

CDTi Conniosseur SE HLNav Tourer and a Personal Line CDT Conniosseur SE Tourer..for the time being.

Quote:
Yeah and then just have a car with no performance, takes an age to warm up in the winter and has no heater (because the thermostat has stuck open AGAIN) won't start because either the in tank fuel pump has packed in, or the under bonnet fuel pump has packed in, or the injectors are leaking!

Then you're not sure the FBH is working, as it's either burnt it's electrics out, or solid with soot, the cars EGR valve is solid with carbon, the alternators gone because oil's been dropped on it at an oil change, the clutch has gone (again), the intercooler has blown it's O rings etc etc..........
Mr Doodles, take a break, ill take over with the MAF that will be out of spec, the PCV filter wont have been changed since it left Longridge, the knackered 3 speed fan, the whooping AC system, the vibrating roof on the Tourer and the split lower engine mounting.

"Okay, apart from all that What have the Romans ever done for us?"

Seriously though. I love my CDTi. Im on my third. Half of the above has happen to my cars but I still wouldnt be without a Rover 75 CDTi Tourer.
jonathan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 20:28   #7
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:

Are you sure you haven't missed anything there?
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 20:35   #8
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab View Post
Are you sure you haven't missed anything there?
Yeah, I forgot about the MAF, the PCV Filter and the lower engine mount, but Jonathan got them for me! :xmas-smiley-029:
Old 4th December 2012, 20:37   #9
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Quote:

But apart from that the CDTi is a cracking car...and sounds like a tractor. Yay
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 20:41   #10
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, I forgot about the MAF, the PCV Filter and the lower engine mount, but Jonathan got them for me! :xmas-smiley-029:
Well that just about covers it then. :xmas-smiley-020:
pab is offline   Reply With Quote