Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th May 2009, 21:36   #1
billcoleman
Gets stuck in

MGZT-T

Default Rear Wheel Bearing Replacement

A couple of weeks ago I had a new set of tyres fitted and from the day I drove off in them the cabin noise was terrible. Thinking that I had bought noisy tyres I went back to Kwik-fit to see if they had any suggestions - but it turned out that the off-side wheel bearing was shot. I felt pretty stupid not to have recognised the fault.

Tonight I replaced it using a kit from Ebay - it took about an hour. The kit was purchsed from the following and I can't see any problem with the quality - the price was much better than anywhere else that I have found and the delivery very quick.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=390001641159

For information, replacing the rear wheel bearing is a fairly simple job - so long as you have a big enough torque wrench (210Nm).

Now I need to think about replacing the nearside in case both sides have about the same life expectancy. I will also need to replace the parking brake shoes and disc/drum as the loose bearing has caused the drum and shoes to wear - but that is not an urgent job.

Bill C
billcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote