Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th June 2011, 22:13   #21
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
i cant see the mil light having anything to do with emissions .the car passed so the emissions are fine ... as for the current mot issue ,if a fail over rides the remainder of your current one ,i would say no a failure would not render the current mot invalid ..
Refusal of an MOT Test Certificate

Form VT30 – Refusal of an MOT Test Certificate. A red form with minor details of your car, the name of tester and address of test station. This form lists the items your car failed to pass.

A Refusal of an MOT Test Certificate means one or more items have failed to meet the minimum legal requirements for a pass. The item(s) will be listed on the form. *If you intend to use your car on the roads, the item(s) will need to be replaced/repaired urgently*. It may be possible to arrange replacement/repair of failed item(s) at the test station premises, to enable your car to achieve an MOT test pass Certificate before you drive the car away.

However, if you intend to drive your car away from the test station with a Refusal of an MOT Test Certificate, there are some stipulations. It is illegal to drive a car of MOT-testable age *that does not have a current MOT test certificate* on public roads, with the exception of driving it away to a place of repair, which may include your home residence. From there you may be permitted to drive to a pre-booked place of repair, and to a pre-booked MOT test station.

It is not illegal to sell a car with a Refusal of an MOT Test Certificate, however, a buyer may be breaking the law by driving it away, unless the stipulations above are satisfied. Even then it is not guaranteed that you will not be prosecuted for driving an unroadworthy car, and your insurance may be invalidated.
as you can see there is no mention of a failure rendering the current mot invalid ..
Yesthat is what i said, but in less words. It is not legal to drive the "failed" mot'd vehicle , other than to a place of repair/home/garage. If you want absolute confirmation, "ask a policeman" lol