Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th December 2018, 13:57   #41
Scaramanga
I really should get out more.......

Firefrost 75 CDTi Conn SE manual Tourer

Cool!

I would love one of those

Have you wired it to a switch next to the heated seats/cruise as this would make an obvious and excellent place for it?

Sorry ive gone off topic!
3. Midnight Blue 2.5 V6 auto Saloon- 'The 5th Gear Car' - Now owned by another forum member
4. Firefrost CDTi manual Tourer
Lee

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scaramanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 17:14   #42
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Haven't wired this one up yet, but yes that's how I've done it on the other two, used a spare heated seat switch which I've fitted in the centre console switch panel upside down so it doesn't get mistaken for one of the other heated seat switches Fitted a timer relay which triggers the two main 40amp relays which power the screen, timer is set at 3 minutes which then automatically switches the heated screen off.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2018, 21:42   #43
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Default Ready for retest tomorrow

Been busy fitting the new mtec drilled and grooved brake discs and black diamond brake pads all round over the last 2 days. Also adjusted the handbrake so it works nicely on the first 3 clicks.

Painted the calipers red as well to tidy them up

Old 28th December 2018, 17:20   #44
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post

The design is the same as the ford ones, I've been told that the manufacturer used to make these is the same one who has the contract for Fords. It certainly does look identical to my fiance's heated windscreen on her Fiesta in the way the heater elements are set up
Are these screens single or dual circuit - the ZS/45 batch that I was part of have seperate circuits for drivers and passengers sides.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2019, 12:10   #45
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
Are these screens single or dual circuit - the ZS/45 batch that I was part of have seperate circuits for drivers and passengers sides.
The screens are dual circuit left half and right half are powered separately
Old 4th January 2019, 13:42   #46
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Default Update on the project tourer

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a lovely new year

Well it's been a week since i got the ZT-T on the road and have to say I am loving it so far. Done around 300 miles on almost 1 complete tank over the last week on my trip up to Milton Keynes and back, with the majority being motorway miles travelling up there and back from Essex, and the rest being a mixture of small roads and dual carriageway driving whilst I was up there and also whilst I was getting the car MOT'd. Used around 50ish litres so as a guestimate based on loose figures I worked out the MPG to be around 27mpg combined which I guess isn't too bad.

Been doing a bit of town driving since refueling and it seems like it's not as bad on fuel as I thought it might be, compared to the v6 auto I was running previously which was going though quite a bit of fuel on local driving. I've been used to running diesel 75's and ZT up to this point so was a bit worried the fuel consumption would be too much for me, but so far it seems ok

I have to say the v6 190 is good fun, especially with the stainless backbox on this one which makes quite a bit of noise. I will be changing the exhaust system though, as this one although it's not too loud most of the time, it can get a bit boomy at certain rev ranges, it's pretty loud at 2-3k revs, but then above that it goes a lot quieter and changes tone to a higher pitch noise. Also I noticed earlier in the week that a little bit of the sound proofing was falling out of one of the tail pipes, pulled that little bit out and it hasn't done it more since but the box will need replacing as it did get a bit louder after that happened. It looks like a cheap aftermarket back box, although the tail pipes are clean the box itself is pretty rusty so looks like it's one of those cheap stainless ones where only the tail pipes are stainless and the box itself is just polished metal.

I have a driver's side V8 heatshield which I've kept for some time so if I decide to keep this tourer (which I really want to keep as long as I get on with the higher fuel consumption) then I plan to have a new cat back stainless duplex system fitted with oval tail pipes. Will need to do a bit of research into what sound level option to go for, will probably go for midsport but need to make sure it won't be too loud as on the tourers a lot more exhaust sound enters the cabin due to the more open back on the tourers. I will probably fit a new flexi at the same time.

Performance wise, I'm not 100% sure if it is running perfectly at it's full power, it's quick but I feel like the 2.5v6 auto I had before and also the 2.5 v6 177 manual model I drove previously felt faster. The 75 v6 manual I drove before I'm sure it felt like it had more kick in 1st and 2nd gear. I've replaced the vis motors with refurbished ones which now both definitely work as I've tested them using toaf, as the original ones had both failed as they were both clicking when tested. I'll get this looked into by my mechanic when it goes in to have the belts done, he's had v6's before so he should be able to tell if it feels like it's not running perfectly. I guess it's probably because I'm so used to the torque in diesels especially remapped ones

To drive the ZT-T feels really good, has a very tight feel with no roll and corners very flat, whilst at the same time providing a lovely soft ride so you don't feel the bumps in the road. A very positive driving experience. The gearbox and clutch feel very good with no slip from the clutch, good thing as the clutch had been changed in recent years which I have a receipt for.

The brakes are fantastic now I've replaced the discs and pads all round, for anyone who has standard brakes the 190 brakes upgrade is well worth it, it makes a huge difference. I've missed having this braking power as I'd been running a 75 with standard brakes and also driving the TF for the second half of 2018. I have the same brake set up on my ZT diesel as well which I upgraded the brakes from standard to bigger 190 brakes set up Handbrake holds amazingly as well on the first couple clicks, think this is the best handbrake I've ever had on one of these, it's silly but just feels so much better only having to pull the handbrake up a little to get it to hold well.

Needs a couple bits done on it, the sills in 2 places are showing a lot of rust, they're still solid but eventually will go though. Already knew about this but the MOT guy called me over to demonstrate that they were still solid which was reassuring, but advised to get them repaired within a year. So will be going up to Nottingham to get that done as mentioned in one of my previous posts.

Exhaust needs changing due to the backbox as mentioned above and also due to a small gas leak from one of the middle boxes which was noted on the MOT. Whole lot will be replaced for a stainless system.

I'll need to change the tyres all round for a decent set. The rear ones are low and need changing soon anyway, but the front ones are utterly useless. The front pair are almost new but the grip is pretty non existent, cheap rubbish budget tyres. Literally every single time I pull away no matter how gentle the front wheels always slip causing the traction control to kick in as the light appears on the IPK screen. Quite annoying especially when I need to pull away at a junction quickly. Turn the traction control off and I might as well not bother as I just sit there spinning the front wheels for ages, absolutely terrible. I've had the traction control kick in many times in up to 3rd gear when I put my foot down. I run Nexen NFera SU1's on my ZT and have been really happy with them so will got for a set of them on this ZT-T. Only issue is I'm not decided if I want to change the wheels yet, so currently have to hold off tyres until I decide on wheels.

Oh and I also replaced the damaged offside wing by one supplied by Tim JMGRs, many thanks again mate Here's before and after pics, much better now

Old 12th November 2019, 14:45   #47
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Default Update

Well it's been a while since I posted an update on this thread. The car has come a long way since my last update, but its almost time to put it up for sale as well as i have my next project to work on which i bought a couple months ago.

Didn't realise how rare these 190 SE tourers are but this one is 1 of only 89 ZT-T 190 SE's made and 1 of only 18 ever made in PBT according to the build data.

Since my last update it's had the following:
- new stainless cat back exhaust which makes an awesome sound
- replaced both front doors only due to the old ones having some dents and scuffs.
- Replaced the slam panel as well with a freshly painted one in gloss black. - - Removed the cheap cone induction intake and refitted the original air box. - - Replaced the tailgate glass as the heater elements werent working on the old one.
- Fitted some custom quad xenon projector headlights with angel eyes and led indicators in the headlights, and led angel eye fog lights.
- Also fitted white footwell lights in the front and rear footwells and puddle lights under the door mirrors which turn on when the car is unlocked.
- Fitted some custom led kick trims which light up white and say MG ZT-T 190 SE on the front trims and MG ZT-T on the rear ones.
- Installed some custom black inverse dials as well.
- New tail gate struts have also been fitted as the old ones were a bit tired.
- Rubber splitter fitted to the front.
- Also just had the rear seals repaired/welded so the sills are solid now.
- Fitted a double din android head unit as well to replace the factory highline unit.
- Also fixed the cruise control and got that working now.
- New black MG badges front and rear
- New number plates front and rear with proper rear smiley plate fitted now.

Currently in the process of changing the remainder of the dash leds to blue, and next week its going in to have the belts, water pump, thermostat etc done and then going for a fresh MOT and then it'll be all finished and sadly going up for sale. I've absolutely loved owning it and would keep it if i could, but need a diesel as a daily which is what it's being replaced with. But hey at least its another one saved

Old 12th November 2019, 20:49   #48
cantabro75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conn SE 2004

another great job comming from your hands,,,,no need to say any more Master, congratulations
Old 13th November 2019, 11:14   #49
Rick-sta
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantabro75 View Post
another great job comming from your hands,,,,no need to say any more Master, congratulations
Thank you