Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th November 2019, 16:38   #11
YHT
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

ight bulb and holder out I checked the voltage on the main beam bit that the bulb fits in; about 9.5 volts (no the battery wasn't flat). When a new bulb was put in the side light fitting and pushed back into place and the main beam bulb was back in its wires and in place in the reflector the lights, both side and main beam worked OK!??? From what I could see there were no problems with the wiring though I did have a wriggle at it before I did the bulb replacement but to no effect on the voltage. Both L & R main beam lights are the same brightness so think its fixed (for now).
YHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2019, 19:16   #12
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YHT View Post
ight bulb and holder out I checked the voltage on the main beam bit that the bulb fits in; about 9.5 volts (no the battery wasn't flat). When a new bulb was put in the side light fitting and pushed back into place and the main beam bulb was back in its wires and in place in the reflector the lights, both side and main beam worked OK!??? From what I could see there were no problems with the wiring though I did have a wriggle at it before I did the bulb replacement but to no effect on the voltage. Both L & R main beam lights are the same brightness so think its fixed (for now).
the wiring in the photograph of my previous post is not visible with the headlamp in place. I dont think I could have got my hand into it either.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote