Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th December 2023, 16:40   #1
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Default How to change driver's door window regulator

I couldn't find an illustrated How to so snapped away as I did this today. Hope it helps. Took me a smidgeon under two hours - everyone else will do it in half the time. It came about because I had a loud bang and the window stuck up, fortunately, so I've been able to use the car. While Mr Rimmer does want £250 this one came from Newton Abbot Garage at £50. Driver's doors are inevitably harder to come by.

So this is what you have to do once you've got the door card off, and I took the speaker off as well. All bolts are 10mm. The glass is held by two rubber faced clamps and you have to loosen off one bolt in each before getting the old regulator out. Fortunately Mr Rover has foreseen that by providing two holes marked with green arrows in my pic below. Hold the glass in place by sticking two strips of Duct tape over the window frame before you loosen these clamp bolts.

Below is the replacement regulator in its correct layout. I took the right-hand one out first. There is an electrical connection to disconnect held by a small hair-spring.

You can see how rusty the cable is. I sprayed plenty of WD silicone grease over all the cables, drums and metal runs where the cable slid before replacing everything.

I loosened the rubber faced clamps before putting the new one in and took the tape off the window. I connected up the window button and ran the clamps up about a third. I could then take off the Duct tape and slide the glass down into the clamps. I didn't tighten these up too much as there is plenty of play for the glass to find its best position. I gently ran the window up tight and then using the same two access holes to tighten up the clamps more firmly.

Replace the door card and speaker job done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg regulator pic 1.jpg (89.8 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg regulator pic 2.jpg (86.9 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg regulator pic 3.jpg (93.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg regulator pic 4.jpg (80.2 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by MissMoppet; 16th December 2023 at 16:56..
MissMoppet is offline   Reply With Quote