Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8th February 2020, 20:26   #1
Odd Job
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.0 cdti

Default Recommendations On head unit please?

Hi all,

My stereo packed up the other day on my ZT, totally out of the blue, and a little surprising as the stereo isnt that old. ( So I'm lead to believe )
It was a Sony single DIN unit that was in the car when I bought it in August last year, the bloke I bought it off said it hadn't been in long, and it does look in very good shape, no scratches etc on the face and so fourth. It's worked perfectly, no issues, no sign it was about to pack up.
Anyway, one second it was working, the next it wasn't, it has power, the fuse isn't blown, if you disconnect it then reconnect it, it will light up for about 30 seconds, then all goes black. It's died.

So, I re-fitted the factory stereo. Which is a cassette player, and there is a 6 disc multi-changer in the boot.

The radio works. But I couldn't get a peep out of the 6 disc, so that will be removed and probably binned.
The radio works quite nice, but I haven't played a cassette tape for over a decade, and now tend to use a USB stick with my sounds on. I do still play CD's a bit also.

So, finally my question.
Single DIN, USB, front loading single CD disc players.
What do people recommend please?
I'm not after buying the latest DAB digital radio player etc, but what do people have that does the job nicely without costing the earth?

On the other hand, if anyone fancies a look at this Sony set thats packed up, please let me know.

Many thanks.

Richard

### MG STANDS FOR "MY GREMLIN" !!!
Odd Job is offline   Reply With Quote