Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st August 2011, 20:21   #1
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

Default Original Towbar wiring Diagram

Can someone furnish me with the Original wiring Diagram for the 13 pin Original electrical wiring Diagram please, I failed installing my copy of Rave on the win7 Lappy and have since misslaid it

I've just fitted the 13 pin setup but a it dosent work, and B it cuts out the reversing sensors(WITHOUT) the trailor connected... (its a bike rack actually )

I dont have a meter with me so will have to wait untill after 12 hrs day tomorrow but desperately need to get it working before the weekend ;(

So if someone could help with the right wiring Diagram, or point me to a safe download I'd appreciate it

Thanks..
NOCTURNAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 21:12   #2
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

PM sent .
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 21:29   #3
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

and replied to , thanks m8

I think its the main feed from the underbonnet fusebox and as the instructions I had were for the old internal fusebbox, theres a possability of a cck-up there, but i definately have no supply from the front , can anyone confirm for me that pin 1 on the pink connector to the underside of the engine fusebox is the pin to the left of the male 'tab' when the tab is on top??

Thanks, I assume these plugs/etc are the same from a numbering point of view, if anyone has a similar 3x 1/4" connector plug...

Thanks..

also found a slight design fault in the loom... they double up the orange/slate wires in a joint that sits under/to the side of the pedestrian carpet, right where the water collects if you have a front leak.... Ho hum... another job for after the holls
Old 1st August 2011, 21:36   #4
Lovel

on its way
Old 1st August 2011, 21:40   #5
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

you need the orange slate wire feed from the fuse box which in turn connects to a link lead kit which then connects to the tow bar wiring kit
Old 1st August 2011, 22:04   #6
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

yes m8, i connected the orange/slate from the loom to the supplied plug to engine bay..(need clarification to orientation of this cable and which fuse it is supplied by) then connected the other end to the supplied link-lead black plug...

I have now confirmed tonight with a botched together lamp and testleads lol, that I dont actually have this supply fro the engine bay, so either it is in wrong position on plug, or the fuse is blown(nothing visible)

ive checked my 'taps' into the wiring at rear and they all supply the bmw trailer module ok, but presumeably the lack of 'main supply' means the module isn't passing things on as it should... the relay comes on in the glovebox which is grounded from the lighting module(the other part of the link kit)

I'm very confident either engine fuse, or the position of the orange/slate in the purple connector is the issue annoying i didnt have a meter with me at the time , and I had to rush off to vistsi a relative in hospital the sceond I completed the install ...
Old 2nd August 2011, 00:04   #7
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

Thanks for the drawings and info Gary, much appreicated..I probably should ahve said it's a V8 , although i dont think it makes any difference in this case, but your detail showed adding to an assecory fuse point that was already populated in my fusebox.

I had a copy of the layout of my fusebox and it says fuse 22 is the Towing Accessory position? as this was unpopulated, thats where I put my linkwire...

I definately think my issue is the connection to the engine fusebox.
I now have seen looking back over the stuff I had printe out before losing Rave, that F11 engine bay is marked LSM, Trailer ECU,Trailer Fuse, so I need to confirm which pin this is on the reverse side where the pink connector goes into as clearly either I am not in the right connector hole, or I've blown the fuse.....
as I believe the LSM is the Lighting Switch Module, and the lights are working fine , then I can only assume I'm on the wrong connector pin ?

Sufolk, as you seem to have fitted one recently can you remember which terminal yours was in? as I seem to remember you found yours already connected?? if the male 'latch' is at the top and the wires facing you , which position was youre orange and slate wire??

I appreciate you cant go and picture this one lol so just if you could rememebr as I have just read that you had queried this yourself when you found yours ready connected??

thanks for the input all , much appreciated...

I think my link kit is also different to the one you gave me gary, as I had a 5 amp fuse(I have fitted to 22) and two green link wires, one to the LSM pin 9, and the other green and pink I believe to the back of the fuse 22...

Thanks again..
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:42   #8
Lovel

V8 version sent, I guess the clue was in your profile, doh.
Old 2nd August 2011, 17:47   #9
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
V8 version sent, I guess the clue was in your profile, doh.
tHANKS YET AGAIN, COULD i TROUBLE YOU FOR

YMZ000150 FROM VIN 279884 detail too please...

as I think that was the link lead I had too...

I owe you one

Thanks, Nick
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:45   #10
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

right her goes form memory the orange wire fits into the pink connector ta the top .to make sure you get the right place this is looking at the fuse box with wide part upwards ie the bottom part of the triangle downwards hope this helps