Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th November 2019, 09:20   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default warning from another forum

on another forum a belong to I've been given a warning.
I had raised a thread no general chat section. I had seen the section title but had mistakenly thought the sub sections were the topics it covered.

I'm so naughty

macafee2

Here's my warning
You joined Caravan Talk in September 2012, and have submitted 1,271 posts on the forum, yet seven years later you still claim not to know about the existence of the "Social Club", an area of the forum where you can discuss topics not necessarily related to caravans! We find this extremely hard to understand, and believe that your thread entitled, "No general chat section" and the following provocative posts are a deliberate ploy to cause trouble for our administration and moderating team.
Appropriately therefore for the next week we will monitor your posts before allowing them to be published. Acceptable posts will be approved however unacceptable ones will be filtered out. We trust that this will give you time to reflect upon your actions. Remember that further provocative posts may well incur more restrictions in line with the terms of use for this forum, and with which you have agreed to abide. We advise you therefore to click on the "Guidelines" accessible from the white header bar and scroll down to the T&Cs section to familiarise yourself with the content.
Two warning points have been added to your profile for moderators and admins to see and you will need to acknowledge this formal warning before you are able to post again.
Admin
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 09:39   #2
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

I visited the site and read your posts, none of them I found to be offensive or provocative. When I checked your profile, one of the visitors in the past hour to your profile was Admin. Your card has been marked as a troublemaker. I think they are lucky to have you there asking normal questions. I don’t see you as being naughty. Their admonishment says more about them than it does about yourself, you have nothing to worry about.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 18th November 2019 at 04:45..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 09:48   #3
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
on another forum a belong to I've been given a warning.
I had raised a thread no general chat section. I had seen the section title but had mistakenly thought the sub sections were the topics it covered.

I'm so naughty

macafee2

Here's my warning
You joined Caravan Talk in September 2012, and have submitted 1,271 posts on the forum, yet seven years later you still claim not to know about the existence of the "Social Club", an area of the forum where you can discuss topics not necessarily related to caravans! We find this extremely hard to understand, and believe that your thread entitled, "No general chat section" and the following provocative posts are a deliberate ploy to cause trouble for our administration and moderating team.
Appropriately therefore for the next week we will monitor your posts before allowing them to be published. Acceptable posts will be approved however unacceptable ones will be filtered out. We trust that this will give you time to reflect upon your actions. Remember that further provocative posts may well incur more restrictions in line with the terms of use for this forum, and with which you have agreed to abide. We advise you therefore to click on the "Guidelines" accessible from the white header bar and scroll down to the T&Cs section to familiarise yourself with the content.
Two warning points have been added to your profile for moderators and admins to see and you will need to acknowledge this formal warning before you are able to post again.
A.dmin
As per the Life of Brian, "You are a very naughty boy"....I think I would be looking for another forum to join.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 09:59   #4
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

They're just trying to "keep you in tow"!
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 11:56   #5
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Many forums have one or two members who achieve recognition, or notoriety if you like, by complaining about a perceived slight - even when it is invisible to everyone else.

It's a personal thing born of an inflated sense of importance in their own little world. Sometimes they moan or accuse in private messaging and sometimes demand thread closure because they can't get their own way.

It sounds like you have been unjustifiably accused of some minor transgression by a member who felt a bit miffed by your free-wheeling style and the Mods reacted in a heavy handed way.

Fortunately we are blessed with a more mature membership so it might seem by contrast something more than it is. If it were me, I would maintain membership and continue in my style until such time that it became serious. I certainly wouldn't be put off by unidentified and secret cowardly cabals having undue influence on my presence.
Old 16th November 2019, 12:22   #6
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

You naughty boy, fancy causing so much anarchy 🤣
Old 16th November 2019, 12:25   #7
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

I was banned from a 75 Facebook group simply for sticking up for myself! An admin who was also a mechanic refused to believe a garage rang me asking me where the sump plug was on my 75. He openly called me a liar. I provided the garage name and told him to call them. Instead he carried on his taunts and eventually banned me! I complained and was offered to join again but never did. He's still there and I would be pounced on for any comment so what's the point!
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 17:19   #8
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Tw@ts!
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 17:35   #9
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts