Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd February 2019, 14:35   #1
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Default I saw something strange.

I've deliberated with myself if I should post this but I'm sure others in the club may have had similar experiences so here goes.

On Monday at about 4.30 pm my son was outside having a cig and I was in the kitchen starting the evening meal. Suddenly the door burst open and my son dragged me outside saying WTF are those. He then dragged me round the side of the house and pointed to three objects that had just flown over it. There were three pitch black spheroidal objects going at a very fast rate. They were flying in a slightly staggered line, half a vee shape, and each one had a very bright light blue light coming from the rear. There was no noise at all. It appeared to both of us that they were slowly rotating, or intermittently rotating about the axis going through that light. In a matter of seconds they were small dots in the distance and then gone out of sight.

Of course we had a discussion, the size couldn't be determined we had nothing to compare them with, but the impression was they were car sized and at a reasonable height. They were not balloons they didn't behave like they do when being blown along, not hot air balloons, far too fast and no basket below, plus the rotation would mean the basket would be going over the top of the balloon. Definitely not Chinese lanterns they didn't glow and again far to fast. We live close to a large airport so see planes fly close by regularly and they were not planes, no wings, when did you last see a plane that looks like a ball. They were not high flying planes that we see every day crossing the skies above the house, they were totally different and too low.

So we could only conclude that my son had seen is first UFOs and I my second. The first again was over the house but totally different.

Have any others seen something strange in the skies?

Last edited by RobSun; 2nd February 2019 at 14:38.. Reason: spelling mistake
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 14:43   #2
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Can't say I have, but my parents did a few years ago.

Would love to see one personally.
Old 2nd February 2019, 15:20   #3
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Only strange thing I saw was when driving East on the A31 over the New Forest late one night. It was pitch black and then to my left I saw a couple of blue flashing lights from a couple of Police cars (I assumed) - I slowed down as did the car behind me but realised as the road ran steadily off to the right that these police cars were a good couple of hundred yards off into the Forest - looking at the map later they must have been on the minor road that meanders over the Forest from Nomansland towards Ringwood.

Whilst watching the blue flashing lights as I’m driving along a white spherical object came out of the dark about 10ft above me traveling almost straight over me - just slightly to my left and passing over me at a slight angle. It was fast but clearly visible.

The chap behind me must have seen it as well because as I looked in my rear view mirror he swerved a bit then slowed down. As I did.

To this day I have no idea what it was, it was not windy that night and it was travelling in a straight line to the SW as I travelled East.

The Police presence may have been a coincidence but I do think it odd that whatever it was it came from almost exactly where I could see the blue flashing lights.

Never seen it again and no one that I have mentioned it too has seen similar.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 16:07   #4
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
.......On Monday at about 4.30 pm my son was outside having a cig and I was in the kitchen starting the evening meal. Suddenly the door burst open and my son dragged me outside saying WTF are those. He then dragged me round the side of the house and pointed to three objects that had just flown over it. There were three pitch black spheroidal objects going at a very fast rate. They were flying in a slightly staggered line, half a vee shape, and each one had a very bright light blue light coming from the rear. There was no noise at all. It appeared to both of us that they were slowly rotating, or intermittently rotating about the axis going through that light. In a matter of seconds they were small dots in the distance and then gone out of sight.

Of course we had a discussion, the size couldn't be determined we had nothing to compare them with, but the impression was they were car sized and at a reasonable height. They were not balloons they didn't behave like they do when being blown along, not hot air balloons, far too fast and no basket below, plus the rotation would mean the basket would be going over the top of the balloon. Definitely not Chinese lanterns they didn't glow and again far to fast. We live close to a large airport so see planes fly close by regularly and they were not planes, no wings, when did you last see a plane that looks like a ball. They were not high flying planes that we see every day crossing the skies above the house, they were totally different and too low.

So we could only conclude that my son had seen is first UFOs and I my second. The first again was over the house but totally different.

Have any others seen something strange in the skies?
I would consider it lucky to see anything that cannot be explained such as this; for me, I've had a couple of sightings but not as it appears your clear view.
The absolute proof of a higher intelligence than man is us; can we really be the most intelligent of life forms?
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 16:12   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

my dad told me this story

many years ago he was standing outside the camper van when two lights shone down to his feet and then shot away. A little while later it happened and again. He was routed to the spot. Same thing happened again and time went on.

turned out it was a car coming down a mountain road and the head lights were shining off the road on a corner and then back on to the road as the car went round

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 16:14   #6
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

To quote the last two lines from the Galaxy Song in Monty Python's Meaning Of Life:

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space,
'Cause there's bugr all down here on Earth! "

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 16:47   #7
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

A few years ago. I waa sitting in the van having my lunch in the car pafk of the local garage. As I glanced to my right, I saw this strange looking object just about 10ft above roof level. It was about 8-10ft high, rectangular and had 4 "fins" two reach side.ons pointing up, the other down.It moved sideways, north to south, stopped over the road junction at the edge of the garage,about 40 ft away. It just sat there on mid air for about a minute,I got out the van to yry and get a closer look, then it moved away as slowly as it arrived, in the direction it came from, and disappeared behind the rooftops of the street opposite. I drove down the back lane to follow it, but it disappeared totally. Everyone I told about it, thougjt it was a joke or I eas taking the p. I wasnt.
Old 2nd February 2019, 19:07   #8
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

I have seen many unexplained things in the sky over the years, one was so concerning I reported it in person at Durham City police station.

The officer behind the desk asked me if I had been drinking! As I was returning from a trip to the Midlands in the car this was highly unlikely.
Old 2nd February 2019, 19:31   #9
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

I've seen some unexplained things under car bonnets e.g. thermostats where there should be none!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2019, 20:28   #10
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

These days when you see something strange in the sky, its most likely a drone.

You should have grabbed a photo, you could have zoomed in after the event.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote