Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th January 2019, 15:16   #1
comet
Avid contributor

CDTConnSE Wreg 102000mls

Default R75 Car retirement

Just a word to say thank you for all your help in helping me to look after my Diesel Conn SE for 13 yrs. I have reached an age of over 70 and I cannot look after her so well and is now retired..to Jules in Colwyn,as his " 75 family "has grown by one extra..... Thank you and to Jules for looking after the "heavy" bits. I will miss the car a lot as it has given me a lot of pleasure to be in.

Colin
comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2019, 15:25   #2
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Thats a shame Colin. I am myself the other end of seventy almost an octogenarian. I also find that things I used to do so easily, do not get done so easily now,but, as long as I can get down and dirty, I will still climb under my car to do what needs to be done. I cann’t Be to bad because my wife and I have just come down from our two Allotments after digging for over two hours getting ready for planting this year. Are you going to get a smaller newer car,or not going to bother. Either way, I wish you all the best for the future.
Old 6th January 2019, 16:44   #3
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet View Post
Just a word to say thank you for all your help in helping me to look after my Diesel Conn SE for 13 yrs. I have reached an age of over 70 and I cannot look after her so well and is now retired..to Jules in Colwyn,as his " 75 family "has grown by one extra..... Thank you and to Jules for looking after the "heavy" bits. I will miss the car a lot as it has given me a lot of pleasure to be in.

Colin
Good to hear that your 75 has gone to a good home. Don’t be a stranger, pop in from time to time and let us know how you are getting on.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2019, 19:46   #4
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

I GUESS YOUR CAR HAS BEEN GOOD TO YOU AS YOU HAVEN'T NEEDED TO MAKE MANY POST COMPARED TO HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN A MEMBER OF THE FORUM.

After such a long time you are going to miss your R75.

I know what you mean about maintenance. I am very reluctant to do jobs under the car nowadays as it usually ends up giving me a headache.

Other than that though I still do all of the servicing required.
I seem to be wearing well at 81.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2019, 07:49   #5
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

I too am in my 77th year, when I took on Derek. (Windrushes) Black Beauty I told his wife Lilian it would never leave my possession, and that is still the case, as years go by it will be the case I might not be able to drive anymore, I also have John Howards BRG V6 of which I dearly love, since moving to Radcliffe On Trent I don't use the cars as much as we did when living down South and that is such a shame having bus and rail passes they are more convenient for both of us to use.

I dearly love the V6 but sooner or later I will have to cut my outgoings and say good bye to (Oliver), and with all this controversy with Diesels how long will it be before they get banned altogether, we shall see.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2019, 15:31   #6
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

I too am in my 77th year, when I took on Derek. (Windrushes) Black Beauty I told his wife Lilian it would never leave my possession, and that is still the case, as years go by it will be the case I might not be able to drive anymore, I also have John Howards BRG V6 of which I dearly love, since moving to Radcliffe On Trent I don't use the cars as much as we did when living down South and that is such a shame having bus and rail passes they are more convenient for both of us to use.

I dearly love the V6 but sooner or later I will have to cut my outgoings and say good bye to (Oliver), and with all this controversy with Diesels how long will it be before they get banned altogether, we shall see.

Rev
I say why worry about things we have little control over, these cars are truly lovely to own an d drive and will be very much missed when they are gone, I suppose we can only do what we physically can to carry on enjoying them a little longer, modern cars have the appeal of a potato.

Last edited by grivas; 7th January 2019 at 15:32.. Reason: spelling
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2019, 11:16   #7
75v6
Loves to post

75 CDTi Contrempory Navy

starting to well up now guys, stop it! Many more years left in these cars as long as we are prepared to maintain them :-)
Old 8th January 2019, 12:21   #8
elefsis
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Club SE Saloon

When I pass on, I am taking mine with me.
Old 8th January 2019, 12:39   #9
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

I'm surprised the more dedicated amongst us have not thought about being buried Viking style - but in their 75/ZT instead of a ship.

Sutton Hoo - near us - provides a fine example of how it was done.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sutt...w=1400&bih=893

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutton...Hoo_Burial.jpg
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2019, 12:55   #10
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
I'm surprised the more dedicated amongst us have not thought about being buried Viking style - but in their 75/ZT instead of a ship.

Sutton Hoo - near us - provides a fine example of how it was done.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sutt...w=1400&bih=893

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutton...Hoo_Burial.jpg

And why not indeed we are all Viking Rovers at heart.
Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote