Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th December 2019, 19:54   #1
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Default My rover 75 tourer

I was contemplating what to do with my Tourer after 317000 miles on it and knew the suspension components were wearing down, but after a short time, i thought NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- it!!! lets get the whole lot replaced.
Boy oh boy was it a great decision.

drop links, bearings, all bushes, ball joints suspension arms.... ripped out and totally replaced with brand new stuff.

my god its like driving a brand new 2002 02 plate Rover 75 again. what a difference, i have slowly started to give this car a overall of components, such exhaust , fuel tank straps, as mentioned above, four new tyres... etc

I thought i really do like the Rover 75 alot! it has to have IT now whilst the parts are available. theres NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING ON THE ROAD Like the ROVER 75! PERIOD.

looked back at it yesterday and thought my god it still looks the dogs!! even with winter paint dirt all over it..... the double headlamps..chrome peaking through, those heavy steel chromed handles to the doors the serpents the huge viking badge on the front grille.. no MISTAKE A ROVER.. Not just any Rover "the 75"

Last edited by Olde faithful; 6th December 2019 at 19:57..
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2019, 19:57   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olde faithful View Post
I was contemplating what to do with my Tourer after 317000 miles on it and knew the suspension components were wearing down, but after a short time, i thought NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- it!!! lets get the whole lot replaced.
Boy oh boy was it a great decision.

drop links, bearings, all bushes, ball joints suspension arms.... ripped out and totally replaced with brand new stuff.

my god its like driving a brand new 2002 02 plate Rover 75 again. what a difference, i have slowly started to give this car a overall of components, such exhaust , fuel tank straps, as mentioned above, four new tyres... etc

I thought i really do like the Rover 75 alot! it has to have now whilst the parts are available. theres NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING ON THE ROAD Like the ROVER 75! PERIOD.

looked back at it yesterday and thought my god it still looks the dogs!! even with winter paint dirt all over it..... the double headlamps..chrome peaking through, those heavy steel chromed handles to the doors the serpents the huge viking badge on the front grille.. no MISTAKE A ROVER.. Not just any Rover "the 75"
Prefer it to the Jag then
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2019, 20:03   #3
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Prefer it to the Jag then
Brian
yes!
believe it or not yes i do.....the technology of the Jaguar is great! however £ for £ the Rover 75 is better value, better car!
thats owning a 69 plate Jaguar xj fact!

Don't get me wrong the Jaguar xj is still the pick of the jaguar range over all the others XE/XF/F/F-pace/E-pace the XJ beats the lots of them end of!

however
Jaguar XJ brand new region of £75000
Rover 75 £20000

ROVER 75 better car for value, even with the adjustment of 17 years between purchases.
THE ROVER 75 WINS
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote