Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th November 2019, 16:39   #111
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Dave- it was in jest , and only jest, I will be more careful in future. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2019, 16:51   #112
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Cheers Chris. I thought it was a bit off piste going by your usual posts.
Old 15th November 2019, 19:06   #113
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I think this sums it up nicely...
Trikey - how low can you sink? No, sorry, don't bother, I'm already feeling sick! Patriotism (of this fake type) is the last refuge of scoundrels. Sorry to modify the quote of a hero. No wonder this country is in such a mess.
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2019, 19:08   #114
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

PS I'll leave you lot to sort out the world, you seem to know what the solutions aren't.
Old 15th November 2019, 21:09   #115
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Start building fire-proof arks! Cos it looks like not enough people are taking it seriously!
Old 15th November 2019, 21:26   #116
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

We need to tackle world population increase. Starting with the greatest consumers and polluters - namely the western world. Don't blame the Chinese, they are only churning out the cheap, disposable c**p that most of our heedless society loves to buy. We tut and cry crocodile tears over their filthy coal fired power stations and smog bound cities as we fill our homes with more of their cheap tat, and even their better made stuff.
Old 15th November 2019, 21:53   #117
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
Trikey - how low can you sink? No, sorry, don't bother, I'm already feeling sick! Patriotism (of this fake type) is the last refuge of scoundrels. Sorry to modify the quote of a hero. No wonder this country is in such a mess.
I'm not sinking low, I just don't like the way this child thinks she has all the answers, no doubt she is having her strings pulled by folks higher up.

I also think her carbon footprint would have been a lot smaller had she not been front page news for the last few months.

I make no apologies for the example in the picture (Yes it is a bit facebook) But the youth of today have the past generations to thank for their position in life now, I wish the majority of them would show some respect, starting by getting off their ar$es and voting for what they believe in, rather than whinging about it after the event.
Old 15th November 2019, 22:14   #118
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I'm not sinking low, I just don't like the way this child thinks she has all the answers, no doubt she is having her strings pulled by folks higher up.

I also think her carbon footprint would have been a lot smaller had she not been front page news for the last few months.

I make no apologies for the example in the picture (Yes it is a bit facebook) But the youth of today have the past generations to thank for their position in life now, I wish the majority of them would show some respect, starting by getting off their ar$es and voting for what they believe in, rather than whinging about it after the event.
I absolutely could not agree more

This child has ASD, this condition will make the behaviour of the individual focused to the point of obsession, and they find it extremely difficult to relate to others, having limited or no empathy.

So you can take this however you wish, children are exactly that, they are not miniature adults, however mature they seem, they lack the vital life experience of their elders.

I find the rantings of this girl disturbing, she is definitely being manipulated as one of the major ways ASD are displayed in adolescent females, is the "parroting" of others.

Anyway none of this is particularly "on topic", this is a forum for car enthusiasts, EV's are not a vehicle for an enthusiast, they are simply a means of getting from A to B.

Are they the future? well they will be as the powers that be have decreed it so, I will be 71 years of age when the ban on new petrol and diesel comes into force, and if I'm still on the planet, I won't be buying one.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2019, 22:27   #119
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I will be 71 years of age when the ban on new petrol and diesel comes into force, and if I'm still on the planet, I won't be buying one.
You spritely young thing The only electric cars that are interesting have Scalextric on them.
Old 15th November 2019, 22:29   #120
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I genuinely feel sorry for what is being put in youngsters heads these days. We ( those in power) keep telling us that unless we start down the road to using electric cars, we will eventually snuff ourselves out of existence.Well if that is what they believe, then perhaps those that believe it, they will be the first to go ( Autosuggestion), and leave the world to the real people.