Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th September 2019, 07:54   #11
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

We've had this discussion several times and I'll only say "Autoaid", and your legally recognized partner is covered too.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2019, 08:21   #12
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
We've had this discussion several times and I'll only say "Autoaid", and your legally recognized partner is covered too.
I think it was on your recommendation I took out cover with them last year, they do vehicle or personal cover, I took the personal cover.

Me and the wife any car we are driving, national recovery! Thankfully never had to use them.
So, in effect:
11 yr old Golf
20 yr old Rover
64 yr old Sunbeam
all covered.

I think that there is a bit of a price hike this year though from £40 to £60, still a bargain.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 26th September 2019 at 10:41..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2019, 08:31   #13
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
What price Fred?
Old 26th September 2019, 08:45   #14
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
What price Fred?
£59:99 see my post above Rich

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2019, 08:55   #15
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
Friend of mine blew a tyre in his wifes Merc A class and it has no spare wheel. Rang the RAC and it took 4 hours to turn up. He had to leave his car and the RAC chap took him into town 10 miles away to get a new tyre fitted and then take him back. The RAC guy said thats all they do these days is shuttle people around who have no spare wheels and it takes up 90% of the day.
He did have a universal wheel but they are only allowed to lend them at times when tyre places are closed! He lent one to a chap who swore he would give it back the next day. He never answered the guys calls when asking for it back and 3 weeks later he was spotted with it still on his car tearing around like an idiot!
As an AA patrol when it comes to puncture no spare, I fit our multi fit wheel if possible, then follow to a tyre depot with their spare in my van as security as it saves two journeys. Sounds like Mr RAC is taking it easy with jobs which why people are waiting four hours !
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2019, 09:20   #16
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Ive bookmarked Autoaid to check on next renewal. Has anyone actually used their services on a breakdown?
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2019, 09:35   #17
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
£59:99 see my post above Rich
I checked them.out does that onclude home service too and onward travel?
Old 26th September 2019, 10:00   #18
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs up

Yes it does Richard. I've been with them for a couple of years but never had to use them. This is what they emailed to me:

"AutoAid Breakdown Recovery Insurance covers someone requiring cover for themselves and their legal spouse, civil partner or common law spouse to drive any vehicle, as defined in the Policy Document, for emergency assistance at the side of the road to start the vehicle, recovery of your vehicle and passengers to your destination, overnight hotel accommodation only for one night for yourself and up to 5 passengers, emergency assistance at your home address or within one mile of your home address, cover for attached caravan/small trailer at the time of breakdown and recovery of vehicle following theft/vandalism."

However vans for business use are excluded so you best make specific enquiries for your van if you want cover for it too.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2019, 11:53   #19
Randyjim
Regular poster

MG ZT 190

I've recently re-joined the RAC. £120 for 15 months personal cover for me and my wife.

Green flag won't bother with you if the car is over 15 years old, at least with personal cover. My renewal premium went to over £400 once I'd added on my ZT and another classic.

I phoned Autoaid to check the age limit on their cover and although they said there wasn't, the service over the phone was very laid back and didn't inspire me with much confidence should I have a breakdown.

I had a poor experience with the AA a few years back so wanted to avoid them.

I had recovery from Greenflag last year, and I've already used my RAC cover. Both times I was attended by a Westbourne breakdown truck.
Randyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2019, 12:12   #20
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Yes it does Richard. I've been with them for a couple of years but never had to use them. This is what they emailed to me:

"AutoAid Breakdown Recovery Insurance covers someone requiring cover for themselves and their legal spouse, civil partner or common law spouse to drive any vehicle, as defined in the Policy Document, for emergency assistance at the side of the road to start the vehicle, recovery of your vehicle and passengers to your destination, overnight hotel accommodation only for one night for yourself and up to 5 passengers, emergency assistance at your home address or within one mile of your home address, cover for attached caravan/small trailer at the time of breakdown and recovery of vehicle following theft/vandalism."

However vans for business use are excluded so you best make specific enquiries for your van if you want cover for it too.
Thanks Steve, will send them an email.