Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th March 2019, 19:54   #11
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

They are just Nick offs of the cat eyes I did years ago...
Old 8th March 2019, 23:21   #12
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
If any fellow member already has them on their car, they are great looking.Alternatively, if no one has, they really are pukey
Bet you take two T shirts to a footie match

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
I was also considering replacing the 75 lamps with Roewe lamps, which were/are available from Alibaba , etc. However, the whole thing got a bit daft on cost and I was never actually convinced that any of this stuff is Genuine Roewe.

TC
Hi TC. All the Roewe stuff found for sale was all genuine, the 750 was not produced for long enough, for more than one factory to produce them, or aftermarket copies to be made. As for cheap and flimsy looks and feel, it all came straight from the factory that moulded them. When I first test fitted the Roewe bumper, my plan was to reduce the headlight aperture to match the MG Rover headlight, modify where it met the wings, and another mod or two I had in mind to make it unique from imports that would follow.

Alas it was sprayed to see what it would look like from the factory, I stuck it back on, and did not have a tuit, it looked ok, so it is still waiting.

Last edited by Devilish; 8th March 2019 at 23:28..
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2019, 07:58   #13
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
Bet you take two T shirts to a footie match

I actually don't go to footie matches for fear of having to decide which side to support!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2019, 10:08   #14
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
Hi TC. All the Roewe stuff found for sale was all genuine, the 750 was not produced for long enough, for more than one factory to produce them, or aftermarket copies to be made. As for cheap and flimsy looks and feel, it all came straight from the factory that moulded them.
It was the wobby/flimsiness of the Roewe bumper compared with an MGR Premium that made me wonder whether they were actually the real thing. It was your pioneering conversion that got me interested enough to buy all the bits. However when it all finally arrived, I found the indicator/fogs to be worryingly incomplete and not watertight. There's a beam height adjuster moulding on the rear case that has missing bits and couldn't be made to work. I even added some 1mm section o-rings under the projector lens to stop water getting inside. Maybe I'm too fussy.

A similar concern was with the MG7 rear lamp conversion. The first set which you (?) demonstrated on the forum were very high quality on the inside. Very much like the standard MGR lamps with pressed metal busbar type circuitry. The ones I received had flimsy tin bulb holders fastened down with smalll self-tappers and individual wiring also relying on self-tappers into the underlying plastic. Several bulb holders were squashed and I had to do work on them to get the bulbs to fit. And there was the LED ring fiasco. I still believe these aren't the genuine MG7 parts because of the original demo set. But all this has been aired over recent years, yet people are still interested so I think they should consider all the good and bad bits. Caveat emptor as somebody once said.

TC

Last edited by T-Cut; 9th March 2019 at 10:10..
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote