Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th February 2019, 19:26   #41
Daveluck
Gets stuck in

75 saloon 2.0 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Procrastination is the mother of all disasters.---

( Just made that up. Lol. )
Is it? I'll have to think that through but not now I'll do it tomorrow....
Daveluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 22:58   #42
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
This has been sat in my neighbours garage ( He lets me use it to store my car) since I put it there in 2009 when it needed a small amount of welding to the outriggers. ( Vitesse based). Don't think it will see the road again under my ownership

[IMG][/IMG]

When I was a youngster, I always fancied a Spartan.
Don't worry about the outriggers they are MOT exempt now.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2019, 23:36   #43
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Back in the day I bought a Vitesse with a rusted out rear outrigger. Every time I accelerated it pulled to the left and when I braked it pulled to the right.

It was only £50 quid and a new outrigger was less than a fiver, so a quick trip to my uncle's lorry workshop to borrow the welder and all was well.

Hope things work out Rav. Plenty of good advice on here - I've got too many cars as well so any advice from me wouldn't be worth listening to.

Last edited by Mike Noc; 22nd March 2019 at 22:18..
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2019, 00:34   #44
75v6
Loves to post

75 CDTi Contrempory Navy

I notice you don't post links to nice rovers for sale anymore, you used to find some crackers!

You've had some good advice on here, start with selling one. Don't look at any others until you are in a better position and frame of mind. They are lovely cars, except the worries of life sometimes take away the joy of owning them.

Time for a holiday I think somewhere warm! Blessings mate.
Old 9th February 2019, 07:46   #45
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
I’ve barely posted of late and don’t visit the forum very much now. I seem to have lost the love for it and for our cars now.....is this the beginning of the end? I have too many cars and it’s stressing me out in terms of managing them and paying for them. I don’t enjoy looking at them, I don’t enjoy being on the forum, I don’t even enjoy driving them at the moment. Life seems so busy at the moment that our cars for me now have gone down on my list of priorities. And, I don’t know what to do. Feel like chucking it all in now and just having one car I can drive about in for work and leisure and not have all this worry. Sick of it.
Sorry to hear you feel this way, we all get fed up on occasion my advice is get rid off the cars keeping the one you like and have a break from it all completely, visit some friends, get away for the weekend, go to a football match listen to music read a book, have a pint, then Spring will be hear.! Good luck.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2019, 07:54   #46
Roverlike
Avid contributor

Rover, few of them

Ravinder, from my point of view you need a break.

If you could drive all your cars to me, I would offer you storage in this dry weather here for a small fraction of what are you paying now.
However, I think you need to sit and decide what to do next. Most probably you will need to define priorities in your life. For me it would be getting your place for your own and follow your heart for your work. Everything else which represents ballast will need to go. Hard decision but the only correct on in my book.
Roverlike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2019, 08:15   #47
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

If you cut down to one car think of how much you would save a month of the £200 insurance...£45 storage and the vehicle tax plus other sundries that you could spend on yourself after working so hard each month.

You could see some tangible immediate spending benefits on other living items plus be able to put some by if it suits.

I only have one 75 and it is my daily drive I couldn't afford to have more than one car. I spend money on my car just like anyone else to keep it on the road but it has to be a reliable runner otherwise I'd go bust. My last 75 was my only car and daily runner it was reliable on a daily basis, I had to spend money on occasional repairs like an alternator and a clutch but I've had to do that with other cars also.

Its of course up to you but I'd suggest like others concentrate one car, perhaps the most practical runner prospect, enjoy spending any saved money on yourself and you'd also have more to spend on the upkeep of your one car if when and as required.

Best of luck anyway whatever you decide.

Don't bottle anything up you already know that most people including those on this forum are only to willing to help others having a hard time if they are able to, its in the human nature of most people. and thankfully always will be

Last edited by bendrick; 9th February 2019 at 08:26..
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2019, 12:54   #48
Robti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 190+,Rover 800 vitesse coupe

Rav if you sold them all bar the coupe and ploughed some money from them into that to get it in top condition would it make you happy ?
Old 9th February 2019, 13:09   #49
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Rav - I say sell all but one of your cars. Keep the one that you like and is a reliable daily.

Then focus your energy on the photography and finding that tall, young, beautiful maiden.........
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2019, 13:40   #50
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Thanks for all the advise.

The reason I don’t post other cars for sale that I come across is that I just can’t be bothered anymore and I don’t like looking for 75s and MGs now. Makes me a bit sick. That’s just the way I feel....

My head is saying let the 600 and the coupe go...if I had my own space and a big driveway, I probably would want to keep them. The problem that I have is I’m not allowed to store cars st home apart from one. So, the others are in lockups.

I was working this out last night...my 5 cars with insurance, tax and lockup costs is costing me £388 per month.....
I could cry. This is a bit of an eye opener and something needs to change.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote