Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd February 2019, 20:22   #11
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
These days when you see something strange in the sky, its most likely a drone.

You should have grabbed a photo, you could have zoomed in after the event.
I certainly wish I had had my dash cam back then Wes!
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 11:12   #12
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

So many people reported black triangle and silent ufos in the late 70 and 80s... then the stealth series of jets were made public.....

You probably saw a secret night test of the latest Dominos pizza delivery system....
Old 3rd February 2019, 11:20   #13
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
So many people reported black triangle and silent ufos in the late 70 and 80s... then the stealth series of jets were made public.....

You probably saw a secret night test of the latest Dominos pizza delivery system....

Mmm pizza
Old 3rd February 2019, 11:26   #14
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Flying dough balls!!!!
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 12:23   #15
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Quote:

They were travelling so fast by the time before I got my phone out of my pocket and set to camera they were gone. Son had more time looking at them but is phone was in his room.

They were quite possibly a new secret flying machine especially when they were in that half V formation that I've seen military planes fly in. Without wings I cant make myself say planes. I have an open mind but do not think that they could be drones, they have wings, fly very high and at a relatively low speed and use conventional engines that make a noise. The height they were at if the blue light at the back (the colour of a nice neutral gas flame but not showing any ejection, just a glow) had been a jet or rocket there would have been a fair bit of noise. Planes circle overhead regularly stacking to land and we hear planes taking off all day from the international airport 5 miles away. When these came over they were silent. Nothing like I have ever seen before.

My other experience was in the 90s at night and again in the rear garden. I had just let the dogs out before going to bed and having an interest in astronomy did the usual thing and look up at the stars. It was a clear night and a very bright star I had not noticed before took my interest. It was not twinkling so I thought not a star probably a planet. When I go in I will look at the program in my computer to see if I can identify it. Whilst getting my bearings looking to see where it was positioned near a constellation it started to move. The speed increased and then it shot away out into space.

That couldn't have been a star, planet, meteor etc, they don't stand still and then start to move. A satellite possibly but they are usually in a stationary orbit or fixed orbit. Those I've seen in fixed orbit can move faster than you may expect but not behave like this did. A spy satellite or similar will change position, but at that speed and go off out of orbit into space. It left me wondering what did I see, was it a visitor from far far away or something we are not supposed to see or know about.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 12:38   #16
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Quote:

They were travelling so fast by the time before I got my phone out of my pocket and set to camera they were gone. Son had more time looking at them but is phone was in his room.

They were quite possibly a new secret flying machine especially when they were in that half V formation that I've seen military planes fly in. Without wings I cant make myself say planes. I have an open mind but do not think that they could be drones, they have wings, fly very high and at a relatively low speed and use conventional engines that make a noise. The height they were at if the blue light at the back (the colour of a nice neutral gas flame but not showing any ejection, just a glow) had been a jet or rocket there would have been a fair bit of noise. Planes circle overhead regularly stacking to land and we hear planes taking off all day from the international airport 5 miles away. When these came over they were silent. Nothing like I have ever seen before.

My other experience was in the 90s at night and again in the rear garden. I had just let the dogs out before going to bed and having an interest in astronomy did the usual thing and look up at the stars. It was a clear night and a very bright star I had not noticed before took my interest. It was not twinkling so I thought not a star probably a planet. When I go in I will look at the program in my computer to see if I can identify it. Whilst getting my bearings looking to see where it was positioned near a constellation it started to move. The speed increased and then it shot away out into space.

That couldn't have been a star, planet, meteor etc, they don't stand still and then start to move. A satellite possibly but they are usually in a stationary orbit or fixed orbit. Those I've seen in fixed orbit can move faster than you may expect but not behave like this did. A spy satellite or similar will change position, but at that speed and go off out of orbit into space. It left me wondering what did I see, was it a visitor from far far away or something we are not supposed to see or know about.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 14:18   #17
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

In 2009 I was travelling towards York and noticed something 'floating' in mid air above a small wood in the distance to my left. It looked like a mirage of a stone tower or chimney. It was pretty big considering the distance it seemed to be from me. Unfortunately, by the time I checked the road and looked back again, my view was blocked by a big hedge and I didn't see it again. I eventually turned around and returned to a layby that had the same view, where I took some photos of the area. This drawing the best way to describe it. I sent a copy to one of the UFO groups to get their opinion.

Last edited by T-Cut; 3rd February 2019 at 14:22..
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 14:40   #18
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

As said earlier some of these sights are of drones, especially in very recent years, but these do not usually carry lights. They are increasingly used as observation tools by police in rural areas. They are not usually equipped with lights for obvious reasons but do carry infra-red kit. Sometimes, in certain weather conditions, suspended rain drops from low lying cloud can reflect bright lights from vehicles using surprisingly distant roads. At least that's what MOD say.
Old 3rd February 2019, 16:52   #19
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Interesting reading.
I suspect that many sightings can be explained, however there clearly are a small number which thus far are unexplained.

Personally I have seen some things , not UFO, that I can't explain and thus far neither has anyone else
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2019, 17:57   #20
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Mmm pizza
Stuffed crust is radar absorbent...
Stealth calories Andy...