Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th July 2018, 18:48   #1
dauphin
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default K-bus problem

I raised this issue the other day on the thread about making a loom to install electric seats, so I apologise to those who have read about it before, but I thought I might get more response via a separate thread.

Since completing the job (successfully to the extent that the seats are working) I’ve had the classic symptoms of a K-bus fault - no indicator or main beam tell-tale, aircon “Er” reading, etc.

In the course of the installation I made a spliced connection into a K-bus wire behind the centre console behind the radio, so my first attempt to resolve the issue was by removing this connection at the splice point - but the fault remains. I’ve also tried removing the radio and the cd magazine as well as the new power feeds to the seats.

As I think I’ve isolated nearly all the new seat wiring, I seem to be left with two main possibilities. One is I might have somehow upset the K-bus wiring somewhere other than at the splice (which I’m certainly not aware of and can’t see any likely wires adrift or damaged) . The other thought I had is that I replaced the driver’s door at the same time as I was working on the seat wiring, whilst waiting for some electrical parts to arrive, so is there any K-bus wiring to the door which might be responsible, eg at the connector inside the A-pillar, or at the central locking actuator?
dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2018, 19:28   #2
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Doesn't an addition like that need T4 'activation'?

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2018, 19:37   #3
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
Doesn't an addition like that need T4 'activation'?

TC
not necessarily to work (unless you want the key coded positions in memory function), but mine also played up ( no external indicators) until I did a battery reset... then it was fine...

my tip is if you add or subtract memory seats then do it with the battery off...
Old 25th July 2018, 20:06   #4
dauphin
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
not necessarily to work (unless you want the key coded positions in memory function), but mine also played up ( no external indicators) until I did a battery reset... then it was fine...

my tip is if you add or subtract memory seats then do it with the battery off...
The battery was disconnected throughout - and I reset it again over a 2 hour period this afternoon
dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote