Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th November 2016, 11:10   #21
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Police will likely not bat an eye lid... they have been more than useless when i've needed them.

My car got broken into and the thief left blood and all sorts, took them 2 days to send someone out and when they did they said "we cant find any evidence they must have worn gloves" i pointed out the blood and they said it could be anyone's.
So basically they cant be bothered because they cant do anything about it anymore, all these good too shoes idiots have ruined the police force, no ones scared when you mention the police.
Years ago if your car got broken into the police would take it seriously and catch the person who did it and he'd get either a beating or a decent sentence, now a days he's more likely to get you done for cutting his hand on your cars glass as the thief seems to have more rights than the victim usually.

Sorry to hear about the car Bob, but sounds like most of the issue is solved and she's looking tidy again, does really annoy me that no one gives a sh!t about property anymore, there is no respect in this day and age.
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 11:13   #22
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

A few years ago i was in a Morrisons carpark .

This stupid woman opened her rear door to load her messages and promptly banged it of my rear door .

I got out and she denied hitting my door .

I said oh yes you did .

I opened my door and whacked it off her door .

There i said thats how you did it .

Then drove off watching her inspect for damage .

Enjoyed that ..

Last edited by FLYER; 8th November 2016 at 11:16..
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 11:15   #23
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
Police will likely not bat an eye lid... they have been more than useless when i've needed them.

My car got broken into and the thief left blood and all sorts, took them 2 days to send someone out and when they did they said "we cant find any evidence they must have worn gloves" i pointed out the blood and they said it could be anyone's.
So basically they cant be bothered because they cant do anything about it anymore, all these good too shoes idiots have ruined the police force, no ones scared when you mention the police.
Years ago if your car got broken into the police would take it seriously and catch the person who did it and he'd get either a beating or a decent sentence, now a days he's more likely to get you done for cutting his hand on your cars glass as the thief seems to have more rights than the victim usually.

Sorry to hear about the car Bob, but sounds like most of the issue is solved and she's looking tidy again, does really annoy me that no one gives a sh!t about property anymore, there is no respect in this day and age.
The cops favourite line is " well your covered by insurance".

Useless empty boxes.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 12:22   #24
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I hope Andy and Dave get there scrapes sorted out ok.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 13:24   #25
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

That is really annoying Bob.

At least your Body Shop managed to remove most of the scratches but you shouldn't have to do this, it really upsets me.

My ZT-T has picked up several scratches and a dent, none done by me.

But what can you do?
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 14:03   #26
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
....................some good and some not so good.

The vehicle that is believed to have hit the Bear is a Ford Transit pick up,which according to the number plate does not exist, well the plate exists but not on a Ford Transit. The driver got out and surveyed the damage then got back in and drove off. It has been suggested to me that the vehicle is possibly 'owned' by travellers. And they may have been looking for easy pickings left around in car parks.

Armed with the info I popped into the local police station. They took all the details but it is not likely to go much further. They said that they would check out the local travellers estate, been there for nearly 40 years and never any bother, but doubtful the Tranny is still in the area. But if anyone else reports anything involving this Tranny then they would then follow it up through the proper channels.

I know the police force have enough to do. There are far more serious incidents that they have to deal with than my scratch.

Now the good news.

The Bear is booked to go into the Body shop on the 16th of this month to have the rear bumper sprayed and the headlights polished. But I contacted them last evening and told them about our mishap. Told me to pop in this morning and they would have a look.

I cannot sing there praise's enough. Out came the 'magic' cloth and the scrape on the wheel arch has gone. The scratch on the door is barely visible. Providing I can live with the slight crease, no paint cracked, then when the Bear goes in they will polish out the rest of the scratches at no extra cost. The crease will have to stay there but will be barely noticeable.

I cannot put it into words how much better I feel about the result.

And on this day One year ago I got the chance to buy this awesome car from Sonic ZS aka Paul.
Glad to hear its mostly fixed. Could a dent chap maybe get the dent out if the paint is not broken?
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 16:10   #27
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T5 View Post
Glad to hear its mostly fixed. Could a dent chap maybe get the dent out if the paint is not broken?
I hope to get it done at some point, but thanks for the nudge.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 21:11   #28
whitegold
Passed Away

Rover 75

Sickener Bob, hope this is not starting a trend. Not much come back if it was travellers. Sounds as though you have got it reasonably sorted but the crease wasn't there before and you've got to live with it, hope it's no too bad old son.
Trouble is we risk this every time we take these car out, few people care anymore, thank goodness it's not everybody.
whitegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 21:15   #29
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
A few years ago i was in a Morrisons carpark .

This stupid woman opened her rear door to load her messages and promptly banged it of my rear door .

I got out and she denied hitting my door .

I said oh yes you did .

I opened my door and whacked it off her door .

There i said thats how you did it .

Then drove off watching her inspect for damage .

Enjoyed that ..
I was tempted to,do that to the woman mentioned in my earlier reply. In fact I said to her how would your old man like it if I whacked my door off his car

Last edited by RPWC; 8th November 2016 at 22:23..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2016, 22:17   #30
75v6
Loves to post

75 CDTi Contrempory Navy

Can someone make rubber trim to go all around the Rover 75 please?! Bit like the streetwise had those wheel arch 'covers' and bumpers!