Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th June 2014, 11:21   #21
andre372
Gets stuck in

2001 Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 CDT manual Royal Blue (JFM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bell View Post
Fantastic work sirs! I've parked this idea for years with an idea to make my own loom, but never actually doing it!!! It is SO reassuring that it is possible!

Has anyone got a copy of those two pages of the wiring diagram (I'm not sure I have it) - and I'll try and put together a pictorial how-to to complement this thread (or has it been done already?)

Thanks again!!!
I've sent you a PM.
I've also been meaning to complement this thread with a step-by-step guide with pictures, but have since been too busy with other things. School and water leaking into the car being the main "obstacles".
We'll see who gets to do it first then
But until then, just get to it and I hope your years of waiting will come to a positive end
MODS: Front fog lamps, FBH timer switch, FBH OBD, boot and arm rest power sockets, cruise control, Powerflex lower arm bushes, illuminated vanity mirrors, high-line IPK, Symphony stereo + SLE, 160 remap, Revotec fan, 12N+12S, auto-dimming rear view mirror, rain sensor, volumetric alarm sensor, PDC, powerfolds, sports leather memory seats, passenger anti-trap sensor
TO DO: Tilt sensor, low coolant sensor, FBH GSM remote control, heated washer jets, front parking sensors
andre372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 15:50   #22
Rob Bell
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDTi +

Thanks Andre! There's an incentive to get this done - and thanks for the PM
Rob Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2014, 14:29   #23
Union Wheels
Loves to post

Honda Accord Tourer i dtec

Default Your Pictures

Hi Rob,
hope you are successful with the Cruise Retrofit.

Hope you didn't mind me including a reference to your original thread with the pictures, as they were very clear and concise and helped me complete my own cruise fitting.

Cheers, Pete.

How to Retrofit Diesel Cruise Control + Loom
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...87&postcount=1

How to Modify a 3 Speed Fan for CDT & V6 into a 2 Speed with a Resistor.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=209920

CDT now gone to new owner, but still on forum
Union Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2014, 21:10   #24
Schotten
Loves to post

75 Saloon

Default Not working!!

Hoped this would solve the no loom problem (been wanting to add cruise to my 2.0 diesel Connie). Followed the instructions (excellent work guys) and two days of work later......nothing!! Cc switch illuminated so looks good, press it and green tell tale comes on, but that's it. Tried pressing Res and Set. Nada no little orange light on IPK. Any ideas? t4. Interestingly when I put the IPK back in the brake pad low warning has come on! Checked pads/disks and sensor, all ok. Oh dear says my wife!!! Help!
Schotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2014, 21:26   #25
andre372
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schotten View Post

Hoped this would solve the no loom problem (been wanting to add cruise to my 2.0 diesel Connie). Followed the instructions (excellent work guys) and two days of work later......nothing!! Cc switch illuminated so looks good, press it and green tell tale comes on, but that's it. Tried pressing Res and Set. Nada no little orange light on IPK. Any ideas? t4. Interestingly when I put the IPK back in the brake pad low warning has come on! Checked pads/disks and sensor, all ok. Oh dear says my wife!!! Help!
Sorry to hear it doesn't work.
Did you take extra caution with the connections/soldering and made sure that every pin went where it had to go so you can rule these out?
Silly to even ask (I assume you followed the wire colours and pin numbers), but did you use the correct plug for the cruise interface plug? I added a picture of the plug from a petrol variant which is a little different.
Where did you splice the can-bus wires (yellows) to?
MODS: Front fog lamps, FBH timer switch, FBH OBD, boot and arm rest power sockets, cruise control, Powerflex lower arm bushes, illuminated vanity mirrors, high-line IPK, Symphony stereo + SLE, 160 remap, Revotec fan, 12N+12S, auto-dimming rear view mirror, rain sensor, volumetric alarm sensor, PDC, powerfolds, sports leather memory seats, passenger anti-trap sensor
TO DO: Tilt sensor, low coolant sensor, FBH GSM remote control, heated washer jets, front parking sensors
Old 15th June 2014, 21:59   #26
Union Wheels
Loves to post

Honda Accord Tourer i dtec

Hi Schotten,
you say to cruise dash light does not come on, but have you tried it on the road to see if cruise works?

Also you say that the brake pad warning light is on, could this be because you have connected into the wrong plug on the IPK, because the Rave Disk identifies the wrong plug on the rear of the IPK?

Pete.

How to Retrofit Diesel Cruise Control + Loom
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...87&postcount=1

How to Modify a 3 Speed Fan for CDT & V6 into a 2 Speed with a Resistor.
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=209920

CDT now gone to new owner, but still on forum
Union Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 07:33   #27
Schotten
Loves to post

75 Saloon

A long task to check the wiring...agh! Not the greatest of solderers but the joints did look pretty secure before putting heat shrinking insulation over them. Will take the IPK out first to check the plug and cavity used. One thing I did notice when starting up the cruise light on the IPK flickered briefly before going out. The cruise interface was bought second hand and came with connector and part of the loom, I can only assume it works!!! I used the yellow/black & yellow/brown wires coiled together above and to the left of the fuse box just before they go through the bulkhead. I used fuse piggy back (?), instead of scotch locks for the connections to fuse 41 & 4, they plug in where the fuse goes, takes the original fuse and provides a 2nd fused circuit. Other than that more or less followed the instructions. I've read elsewhere the car might not recognise the cc interface straight away? Thoughts on that one or clutching at straws!!!
Schotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 09:04   #28
Rob Bell
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDTi +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Wheels View Post
Hi Rob,
hope you are successful with the Cruise Retrofit.

Hope you didn't mind me including a reference to your original thread with the pictures, as they were very clear and concise and helped me complete my own cruise fitting.

Cheers, Pete.
No worries at all Pete - thanks for the mention and the kind words! They were posted on line to help others, and now they'll help me too!
Old 16th June 2014, 09:07   #29
Rob Bell
Gets stuck in

ZT-T CDTi +

Quote:
A long task to check the wiring...agh!

I've read elsewhere the car might not recognise the cc interface straight away? Thoughts on that one or clutching at straws!!!
Ugh - I feel your pain. Not sure I can add much at this stage other than going back and checking everything, no matter how trivial. When this happens to me, the usual explanation is that I've done something so monumentally daft, I don't see the problem for ages! Hopefully this will be a simple fix.

If the cruise is going to work, it seems to do so right from the outset (even if not necessarily with full functionality)

Good luck!
Old 16th June 2014, 10:17   #30
andre372
Gets stuck in

Quote:

Quote:
A long task to check the wiring...agh! Not the greatest of solderers but the joints did look pretty secure before putting heat shrinking insulation over them. Will take the IPK out first to check the plug and cavity used. One thing I did notice when starting up the cruise light on the IPK flickered briefly before going out. The cruise interface was bought second hand and came with connector and part of the loom, I can only assume it works!!! I used the yellow/black & yellow/brown wires coiled together above and to the left of the fuse box just before they go through the bulkhead. I used fuse piggy back (?), instead of scotch locks for the connections to fuse 41 & 4, they plug in where the fuse goes, takes the original fuse and provides a 2nd fused circuit. Other than that more or less followed the instructions. I've read elsewhere the car might not recognise the cc interface straight away? Thoughts on that one or clutching at straws!!!
The brake pad warning lamp part seems weird. But it doesn't necessarily mean an electrical fault (regarding adding the cc). I had this light come on last year and the sensor looked okay. I just removed the sensor and shorted the pins which turned off the light (don't worry, I still keep an eye on things and changed the discs this year). So this might or might not be a coincidence.
Regarding the piggy back fuses, I've never used one but the ones I've seen on pictures take a second fuse in them to provide the second circuit, rather than creating 2 circuits with the single original fuse.

Since your cc master switch lights up, the F41 in passenger compartment fusebox is okay. But did you check that F4 in engine compartment fusebox which feeds the cc interface isn't blown? Seemingly, this fuse also feeds automatic transmission, air conditioning and cooling fan.

I always disconnect the battery when dealing with these things just to be on the safe side (and I have no radio code or sat nav to worry about). Did you have the battery disconnected? If not, maybe doing so now would reset things.

The master switch lights up even at a standstill but did you try the set/res buttons at highway speed?
When did the cc light on IPK flicker? Right after starting the engine with master switch off? When turning master switch on? When at a certaing speed pressing set/res buttons? Did it happen only once or every time you start the car?

Then there's always the possibility of the interface being faulty, after all it does say "handle with care" on the casing...

Oh and which scotchloks did you use on the yellow/(black/brown) wires. Some are for larger diameter wires and may not give good connection.

I've not seen anyone say that their cc didn't work straight away so I'm sure you'll get it to work eventually.

Last edited by andre372; 16th June 2014 at 10:19..